It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard hammond (Top Gear) Critcally injured in car smash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

For all those that love top gear like I do, you'll be sad to hear that he is in critical condition in Leeds general with head injuries sustained from an attempt at a land speed record in a rocket car...

Prayers for him in his time of need......

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'm sad to hear about this and hope that he makes a full recovery. I'm pretty sure that it was not a "land speed record" but there are unconfirmed reports that he was approaching 300 MPH!?

Get well soon Richard Hammond!

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I think it's just the British land speed record he was trying to beat heres another link with a pic of the car here

Get Well soon Richard.

[edit on 20/9/2006 by Trancer]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I really enjoy this show,and hope he fully recovers from his injuries.

A spokesman for the hospital said Mr Hammond was "stable".
theage

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I'm suprised this is the first time something like this has happened to one of the Top Gear presenters the stuff they get up to. We could do without losing another chirpy personality this month, hang in there Richard.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Just heard this morning and its just as much a kick in the guts as Steve irwins death

For anyone who's never seen Richard or Top Gear, heres a few of his/Top Gears finest moments

top gear, jeep on water

Top Gear - Caravan Trip
part 1 part 2
part 3

Hammond from top gear gets hypnotized

my favourite - top gear Amphibious

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond is improving but remains seriously ill in hospital after he crashed a jet-powered car during filming for the BBC show.

source

looks like he's improving, dunno what sort of state he'll be in after a 280 mph crash though

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Injured Top Gear host walks

TOP Gear presenter Richard Hammond has got out of bed and walked after suffering brain injuries in a high-speed crash, co-host Jeremy Clarkson told The Sun newspaper today.

"In the wee small hours of Thursday night, just 30 hours after what is almost certainly the world's fastest ever car crash, Richard Hammond suddenly sat up in bed opened his eyes and asked what had happened," wrote Clarkson in his Sun column.

"'You've been in a car accident', I said. 'Was I driving badly?' he asked, before getting out of bed and walking shakily to the lavatory."

A Leeds General Infirmary hospital spokeswoman told Reuters today that Hammond continues to "make good progress".

Hammond's wife Mindy also provided an upbeat assessment of her husband's medical condition. news.com.au

Great news

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I was absolutely shocked by this news. The Sun said that he had broken the land speed record on an earlier run by 10 miles per hour, the 'official' record being at 303 MPH.

I sincerely wish him a speedy recovery

[edit on 23-9-2006 by shorty]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
It looks like we're all getting our wish and he is making a speedy one (no pun intended!)

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Yeah sounds good, but I was and still am worried about the "serious brain injury" I'm no doctor but he sounds fine though.

new topics

top topics

join