It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Seems To Be A Great Misunderstanding about What "Hollow" Earth Means

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I have been reading several posts here about the "hollow" earth and most people do not seem to know what it actually means. "Hollow" earth does not mean it doesn't have a core. I know most think that's what it means, but it does not.

When Richard Byrd supposedly flew into the poles, he didn't fly into the deepest depths of the earth. He flew into a portion of it that was almost crater like. It was a huge expanse no doubt. While the crater was deep, it did not go,as many seem to imply, into the earth. It only had that appearance because the crater was deep.

[edit on 20-9-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The hollow earth idea is the idea that the earth is hollow, that it, minimally, has an enter underworld within it, while there might still be a solid core beneath that, not simply that there are chasms within the earth.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Why is this in the paranormal studies section? This should probably be moved somewhere else entirely like ancient civilizations.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

When Richard Byrd supposedly flew into the poles, he didn't fly into the deepest depths of the earth. He flew into a portion of it that was almost crater like. It was a huge expanse no doubt. While the crater was deep, it did not go,as many seem to imply, into the earth. It only had that appearance because the crater was deep.

And presumably it's filled in since, hence it's no longer there

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

I don't know....There have been purported pictures taken from space that seems to indicate a large hole or crater at the pole... I don't know if it's a fake or not, though.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
The hollow earth idea is the idea that the earth is hollow, that it, minimally, has an enter underworld within it,.....

That's the common perception,yes... However, that's not what I get from supposed eye witness accounts of it.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I don't know....There have been purported pictures taken from space that seems to indicate a large hole or crater at the pole... I don't know if it's a fake or not, though.

I know the picture you mean. It's real all right. It's a composite satellite image that just shows a black 'hole' extending around the north pole - down as far south a Greenland. It's simply because at the time the images were taken, that part of the pole was experiencing permanent night. So there was nothing to see.

There are, of course, many more images which don't show a hole at the north pole.

And rather a few folk have been there in recent years. Not to say all those who fly over the region in airliners etc. I hole would be rather difficult to keep secret .....

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I remember distinctly seeing that picture as a kid and being amazed. Its presented as simple proof of a hole at the top of the world, and, hell, it was in a book, why would they lie?

Neva trust nutin'!

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I know the picture you mean. It's real all right. It's a composite satellite image that just shows a black 'hole' extending around the north pole - down as far south a Greenland. It's simply because at the time the images were taken, that part of the pole was experiencing permanent night. So there was nothing to see.

That's kind of a convenient explanation don't you think?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
So, if the earth is hollow and we dig a whole to china, it will take less time to dig it?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfTom
So, if the earth is hollow and we dig a whole to china, it will take less time to dig it?

That's my whole point. The earth is not "hollow" per se...The theory doesn't even necessarily imply that it is.... The whole "coreless" earth theories are based on other people's interpretations of descriptions given by people who have claimed to have been in the inner earth.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Hmmmm....the last time i claimed to see the inner earth, i had just finished smoking a blunt.......................................

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   

That's kind of a convenient explanation don't you think?

It is, isn't it

Next they'll be claiming the reason maps of the USA don't show England is because England is actual thousands of miles away across the Atlantic!

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Next they'll be claiming the reason maps of the USA don't show England is because England is actual thousands of miles away across the Atlantic!

It is?
(Sarcasm)

[edit on 25-9-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   

It is?
(Sarcasm)

LOL! Yes, near the little island of Europe (capital city: France)

[edit on 26-9-2006 by Essan]

top topics

join