It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Theory Of Universal Unity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Let me state from the outset that what I am proposing is nothing new to most. I am simply proposing the unity of all things. However, my idea about how it actually comes about may seem a bit bizarre to some of you,just bear with me.

My Theory Of How It Actually Takes Place

Now, there are several ideas as to how unification of all things take place. However, most argue it from the spiritual level. While there is no doubt, at least in my mind, that there is a unity on the spiritual level; I think some people doubt it on the physical level. I am going to try to disspell some of those doubts.

Let's say that you are walking and you spit on a piece of wood, as your saliva soaks into the particles of the wood, you actually become one with the wood. Think about it. Your saliva has traces of what makes up who you are, just ask a DNA analyst. As the saliva begins to soak through the wood, you actually become one with it.

This also applies to everything you touch..... Just think about it.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
We are all just different thoughts or wills of God I would imagine.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonite
We are all just different thoughts or wills of God I would imagine.

Precisely

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I like to think of it like a spider web. We all have a point that we are connected to it.
And we CAN change the things around us, just by "plucking the strands".
Be carefull tho, One vibration can go alot farther than desired.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I think some people doubt it on the physical level.

You wouldn't happen to have read "Consilience: The Unity of Knowledge" by Edward O. Wilson, have you?
A bit of background: Born 1929. Received BS & MS in Biology, University of Alabama. PhD in Biology in 1955, Harvard. After that, he taught at Harvard until he retired. As of 1998, when he wrote the book mentioned, he was Research Professor at Pellegino University & Honorary Curator in entomology at the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard. Two-time Pulitzer Prize winner for writing "On Human Nature" (1978) & "The Ants" (1990, with Bert Holldober). Has also received many honors, fellowships & awards, including the National Medal of Science, the Crawford Prize from Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, International Prize for Biology from Japan, Gold Medal of the Worldwide Fund for Nature & the Audubon Medal of the National Audubon Society. Numerous others I haven't mentioned here.
In other words, this is a guy who sounds like he knows what he's talking about...

In short, Wilson describes two possible sources of information, being Reason (all Physical Sciences) & Theism (Humanities, creativity, imagination & dreams). He's discovered that, through biology, the Physical Sciences have already pretty much unified because all matter & observable energies get down to pretty much the same "laws of physics" when examined at the molecular & atomic levels. Theism resists unification with the Physical Sciences because there is not enough knowledge discovered to define specific biological links to the concept of "free will" & creativity...Yet when the sociology of humans both ancient & modern are studied, our thought-processes really haven't changed any faster than the pace of evolution. If biological origins can be discovered to have a direct effect on our individual thoughts, then the unity you mention would be possible.

If this seems too brief, it's because I've just condensed a 300+ page book into a single paragraph...

Everything else posted in this thread so far is pretty much in line with Wilson's book, Consilience. Anyone who would like to continue this line of thinking, I'd highly recommend reading the book.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

You wouldn't happen to have read "Consilience: The Unity of Knowledge" by Edward O. Wilson, have you?
A bit of background: Born 1929. Received BS & MS in Biology, University of Alabama. PhD in Biology in 1955, Harvard. After that, he taught at Harvard until he retired. As of 1998, when he wrote the book mentioned, he was Research Professor at Pellegino University & Honorary Curator in entomology at the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard. Two-time Pulitzer Prize winner for writing "On Human Nature" (1978) & "The Ants" (1990, with Bert Holldober). Has also received many honors, fellowships & awards, including the National Medal of Science, the Crawford Prize from Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, International Prize for Biology from Japan, Gold Medal of the Worldwide Fund for Nature & the Audubon Medal of the National Audubon Society. Numerous others I haven't mentioned here.
In other words, this is a guy who sounds like he knows what he's talking about...

In short, Wilson describes two possible sources of information, being Reason (all Physical Sciences) & Theism (Humanities, creativity, imagination & dreams). He's discovered that, through biology, the Physical Sciences have already pretty much unified because all matter & observable energies get down to pretty much the same "laws of physics" when examined at the molecular & atomic levels. Theism resists unification with the Physical Sciences because there is not enough knowledge discovered to define specific biological links to the concept of "free will" & creativity...Yet when the sociology of humans both ancient & modern are studied, our thought-processes really haven't changed any faster than the pace of evolution. If biological origins can be discovered to have a direct effect on our individual thoughts, then the unity you mention would be possible.

If this seems too brief, it's because I've just condensed a 300+ page book into a single paragraph...

Everything else posted in this thread so far is pretty much in line with Wilson's book, Consilience. Anyone who would like to continue this line of thinking, I'd highly recommend reading the book.

I have not read the book but it sounds fairly interesting. Fritjof capra has also wrote a book about "living" systems and "self organizing" systems...I believe it's called The Web Of Life. I recommend it for anyone interested.

top topics

join