It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian president expresses respect for pope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
As I didn't saw this posted here, maybe it hasn't been widelly noticed, so here it is:

Iranian president expresses respect for pope

Is this been published on the mainstream US media? Here in Portugal I don't have any information about what is or is not published in the US.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Thats pretty interesting. It seems to be a sharp contrast to how others in the islamic world have reacted.

Its good to see that at least some still have the ability to take the moral high ground.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It is me or anybody else the conflicting nature of the leader of Iran when is quoted by our own media and the president and when he is quoted by other nations.

So far everything about him and how evil he is, is here say, most of the speeches I have seen from him are not of an evil man that wants the destruction of the US.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Pardon me for being cynical but Venezuela is a catholic nation....Ahmadinejad is forging an alliance with Chavez.....I dont believe there was an ounce of sincerity in Ahmadinejad remarks.....when in rome do as the romans do

Ahmadinejad told a press conference as he wrapped up a two-day visit to Venezuela.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
etshrtslr

Well doesn't US have alliances with other dubious and with other religious believes nations?

So what does that tell you?

Our nation doesn't have business with Chavez but only when it comes to oil so they are a nation and they have the right to do business with anybody they feel like it.

So what is your point. Should we invade and attack Venezuela for having business with Iran?

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

So what is your point. Should we invade and attack Venezuela for having business with Iran?

The business of both nations is to sell oil that is there only industry.......are they going to sell oil to each other? My point is I dont think there was an ounce of sincerity in the iranian leaders comments....after all he sent a letter to bush asking him to convert to islam......do you think he is asking chavez to do the same?

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I can not judge character by what my own government tells me while on a political agenda and that is right now how evil Chavez and the Iranian leader are view because of poltical agendas

I prefer to judge by deeds and actions, so far my own elected government has done worst deeds in the middle east that Chavez and Iran has, so what can I say.

I think that Iran is playing the political game just like Washington, while Chavez do not keep his feelings against Bush hidden.

Is enough reason to be scare of them?. I am not.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
These guys would not be friends and saying nice things about each others and their religions if they did not have a common hatered for bush the US or both......"the enemy of my enemy is my friend"

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr
The business of both nations is to sell oil that is there only industry.......are they going to sell oil to each other? My point is I dont think there was an ounce of sincerity in the iranian leaders comments....after all he sent a letter to bush asking him to convert to islam......do you think he is asking chavez to do the same?

You are correct. They both sell oil and both are pretty much independant, so what would be the point in his need to appease the Venezuelans who reside half-way across the globe from his country?

Maybe he is not doing it to appease them, maybe he is being respectful in a country that is being respectful of him and the people he represents? Citizens of Venezuela are not calling for the extermination of Muslims or Middle Eastern countries, Citizens of Venezuela are not threatening for the past decade to cross their sovereign borders to pre-emptively attack something that doesn't exist. Citizens of Venezuela are not in support of a country that makes a habit out of routinely asassinating muslim elected representatives nor the razing of muslim homes.

Pie

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
It is me or anybody else the conflicting nature of the leader of Iran when is quoted by our own media and the president and when he is quoted by other nations.

So far everything about him and how evil he is, is here say, most of the speeches I have seen from him are not of an evil man that wants the destruction of the US.

Exactly my thoughts. If anybody actually took time to read the 18 page letter he sent to bush a while back (somebody posted a link here once), the man speaks nothing but sense. All of his criticizms of Bush and our foriegn policies are well founded.

Nothing in those pages seemed like the rantings of a lunatic to me.

join