It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - 6 people overcome by fumes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This just posted today I will see if I can find more info/follow the story for updates:

At least six overcome by fumes after opening a package at Brock University

ST. CATHARINES, Ont. (CP) - Six people have been overcome by fumes after opening a package at Brock University.

A fire department official tells The Canadian Press that hazardous materials officials are on the scene at the school's McKenzie Chown complex.

It's not clear what the substance is or whether there are any serious injuries.

The building has been evacuated.

Early media reports said 12 people were overcome by the fumes.

Campus security is on the scene as well.

"We don't know what kind of chemical it is," said the fire department official, who did not give her name.

"We have the regional hazmat team on the scene."

She said the condition of the patients is unknown.

"We're just getting them out of the building now," she said.

Source

As yet no other reports on the matter with more details. Hazmat has been called and is on scene so there should be something shortly.

Also on CBC.ca Suspicious package @ Brock Universitywww.cbc.ca...

[edit on 9/20/2006 by justgeneric]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
If it was a shipment to a university, it could be some chemical container that malfunctioned.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
rather it was specifically refered to as a suspicious package.

Not sure if it was a deliverable to anyone in particular...maybe a pissed of flunk-ee trying to get back at staff?

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Older thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please re-direct all comments there, as this thread will be closed.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The other thread doesn't have a source for the information listed. There are no news reports confirming anything the OP of the other thread you forwarded this thread to.

Not that I care who's thread was first, but I do care which thread is accurate.

If the OP can provide a source or transcript or at least the station/channel they heard/saw their account from it would lend more credence to the story as it developes.

After considerable digging I found this unsubstantiated report regarding the situation at Brock University.

the source (that should have been supplied with the other thread) is:

AM 900 CHLAM - 2 and was reported as follows:

Chaos At Brock University
Sep, 20 2006 - 1:50 PM

ST.CATHARINES (AM900 CHML) - Emergency officials have been called to a chaotic scene at Brock University in St.Catharines.

They were called late this morning, after a worker in Brock's mailroom found an unknown white substance in an envelope, along with a veiled threat.

The white substance had not been identified as of Wednesday afternoon, however six people who were exposed and overcome by fumes have been decontaminated.

The envelope was found on the 12th floor of the Schmon Tower.

Brock University has issued a statement saying that there are no reported health issues and that all classes are scheduled to continue until further notice.

I will copy and past this info there as well. I have emailed the university to see if by chance there are any further reports or developements, I likely won't get a reply in any timely manner...but I will post any more info I find.

Cheers

BTW sources are important. To me anyway.

[edit on 9/20/2006 by justgeneric]

top topics

join