It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a secure search engine that does not store the information you type in?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
You read the title, but to reitterate;

Is there a secure search engine that does not save your searched information in a databank?
Don't get me wrong, not that I'm a pedophile or any other such thing, but I would like to be able to search the net with a degree of anonimitty and not have my search topics compiled in a databank.
I heared on the radio that engines like google, while very popular and somewhat efficient, are really just giant advertising tools that store all of the information for later retrieval.
Can someone clarify all of this for me please?
Thanx.
-Wu K'ung

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
No, we are being watched by big brother as soon as you hit search and the info
gets sent via the internet.

"ALL YOUR SEARCH BELONG TO US"

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I would think that any search engine that doesn't catalog the information can't be one that has search rankings and the like, so while I don't know if one does that, you'd want to not use one that does that.

But, even so, you are sending information in the first place, if 'they' wanted to know, you are openly telling them. Storing it is just putting in a place for ease of reference.

You can't be annonymous or invisible on a system that is exchange of information, somone has to know the information in order for it to be acted upon.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
scroogle.org could help a little,i think.

top topics

join