It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez calls Bush the devil at the UN

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
df1

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Result_was
This man has no right to speak in the United Nations.
WE as in the US govn't donate more than half of the complet donations that the UN recieves,Then we have Kofee Anan that sympthises with terrorists that kill inocent women and children.

So we should rename it from the "United Nations" to the "United Puppets of America? The US already has permanent security counsel veto power, so it seems to me that has already been done in reality if not in name. The US is getting more than its moneys worth for bankrolling the UN.

Imho the US should not fund or host the UN beyond funding its own delgation to the world body. The power of the UN should be limited to nothing more than a global stage for the different countries to use to express their views in a global embassy.

[edit on 21-9-2006 by df1]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
I agree. Next he'll be telling us that God told him to invade Afghanistan and that torture is a good thing. Maybe he'll even lose proper command of his own native language.

I know where you're going, but the fact is Bush never said either of those things.

Why doesn't Chavez or A-to-Z remind the crowd that their own citizens would not be able to speak out like this in their own country?

jsobecky wrote:
So Chavez hasn't bombed any country lately. He hasn't had any planes flying into his skyscrapers, either.

Right. But I don't know about you, if he did I would be right behind him when he invaded three sovereign nations in response and completely ignored the perpetrator.

I don't think he has any worries. He has plenty of supporters willing to partake of the oil from the companies that he stole..er..."nationalized".

Precisely! The UN is a hallowed institution whose protocols should be respected by all, and that includes the proper format for what you can say and when you can say it. Personal attacks on one man's foreign policy which effects the entire globe are simply not kosher.

Too bad he didn't act like his country's top diplomat and limit the discussion to matters of state and foreign policy. He resorted to playground tactics that he knew would appeal to his audience's intellectual level.

Sort of like being 40 years old and still laughing at fart jokes.

I watched it and there was. There were many chuckles around the hall when the sulphur line came out. And there was large applause at the end. The UN still appreciates good comedy I see.

As I said earlier, it was a good speech for the peasants...

Chavez was right: the UN HQ should be moved out of the US and all US funding for it should be cut off. Bush can bomb democracy into the Middle East WITHOUT their help.

...and the UN can continue with it's self-appointed charter of supporting terrorism all around the globe.

Yes, if only the rest of the world were sophisticated and advanced enough to understand that international relations are exactly the same as pro boxing. And if Mike Tyson wants to rape women and bite people's ears off, if you're not a heavyweight champ too, then don't even thinking about raising any objections.

Of course the rest of the world is oh so far past using analogies. They are so advanced that they understand that petty dictators have the right to have a debate with the leader of the free world. Just because they want to.

Well, hell, that's good enough for me!

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
The US already has permanent security counsel veto power, so it seems to me that has already been done in reality if not in name. The US is getting more than its moneys worth for bankrolling the UN.

I'm sure it was an oversight that you forgot to mention that the US is only one of the permanent members, which also includes China, Russia, the UK, and France.

df1

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by df1
The US already has permanent security counsel veto power, so it seems to me that has already been done in reality if not in name. The US is getting more than its moneys worth for bankrolling the UN.

I'm sure it was an oversight that you forgot to mention that the US is only one of the permanent members, which also includes China, Russia, the UK, and France.

Correct, it was not my intention to imply that only the US had veto power on the UN security counsel. Were it up to me, Id send the UN packing to another locale, make each country pay for its own membership, neuter all binding authority it may have and abolish the security counsel.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Chavez is an animal with clothes on, but his comments were right on.

Normaly i would be insulted, but times are changing and the truth rings like the truth.
He called it correctly. too bad i have to say this and not stick for my president. :shk:

It kind of makes me sick.

This world is turned upside down without a doubt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join