It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hugo Chavez speaking at the UN Against American Imperialism and Bush the Devil

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Listen to this guy speak

holy cow, he just said all americans should read Chomsky, called Bush a devil, made the cross sign, said the room still smelled of sulphur and he is continuing on.

going to find a link now..but listen to him on tv if you can right now.

holy cow!!!

He says we a need physcologist for Bush, that he sees extremists everywhere.
He says the world is standing up against American imperialism and this is what Bush sees as extremists.

He says if you ask the average American what they want, they say they want peace, but the government is giving them the opposite by going to war in the middle east and making threats against countries against the world.

"Bush wants peace through war. Bush speaks as if he owns the world. US is a danger to the world"

Says America is supporting coup attempts in Venezuela. Says US has double standards for terrorism, citing the Posada Carilles incident.

Venezuela's Chavez Calls Bush 'The Devil'

[edit on 9-20-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
fox news has his comments as a breaking news headline, but no full coverage of the speech yet

www.foxnews.com...

I can't believe the balls on this guy, he went off on the US govt big time.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   

'THE DEVIL CAME TO THE UN YESTERDAY... It Still Smells of Sulphur here... Bush, I have the feeling you are going to live the rest of your days as a nightmare... We need a psychologist to analyze Bush... YANKEE IMPERIALISTS GO HOME... Maybe we need to move the United Nations out of USA'

To me, this is an outright threat and a cause for national security concerns. If he is doing this, after his contact with Cuba and Iran, this may not be good. If Iran accomplishes its nuclear weapons technology, why would it not then spread it to his new goodwill neighbors. I mean, after all, it doesn't sound like Chavez likes Bush. We would be crippled with a Cuban missle crisis that involved Venezuela.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
What is worse he is in america ,get out of america if you are going to bash it. This is one of the few people I want dead. I can't believe he has the balls to say such things in America. I wish Bush would detain him for making terrorist threats.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
We were worried about Saddam, but yet look at what Chavez has accomplished lately....

Chavez: New arms deals to make Venezuela 'impregnable fortress'

Bolivia and Venezuela, military cooperation agreement

not to mention, his oil deals and deals with Iran and Cuba.

While I don't agree with his sentiments about Bush being a devil and felt the "sulphur" comment was unnecessary, I do question the mentality of our president when it comes to the some of the decisions he has made and the path he has cast us on.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Esdad, couldn't the nightmare have been guilt? Or just simply being ashamed, ie thrown out of office? Seems he didn't have much of a problem with the American people, as much as the leadership. Can't blame him for that personally, as I tend to agree that the president is not representing the wishes of the people. That can be argued til the cows come home, though.

I would have liked to have been there, that must have been better than Colbert at the Press Corps dinner!

I also think that Bushie should have a shrink. I think all presidents should, help get out all those repressed feelings when 60-someodd percent of the population doesn't approve of you. Must be hard...

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Actually, spinstops, he is on international soil I thought, while at the UN? You also can't detain a president, I don't think that would go very far. International diplomatic relationships would go haywire, and the only one left looking like the idiot would be America. Simply put, you don't detain presidents.

You want him dead? Harsh. And quite a shame. Do we only allow free speech when we agree with it? What happened to the America that didn't want to kill people over words?

CoolHeretic: He got my applause. A bit harshly said, but overall, I can see where he's coming from, and he shouldn't be afraid to voice his opinion.

[edit on 9/20/06 by niteboy82]

link   
wow just wow.He leterally owend bush and co.I wonder if the illuminati are getting scared against this new movement NAM.Anyways he has a lot of courage.What suprised me most was the applause he got.

link   
Go Chavez Go!

Go chavez Go!

On a serious note, I really think this guy is more of a "politician" than most other world leaders today. he may be a bit extreme and has dubious links, but in my mind no more extreme than the Neo Cons and his links are open and transparent as apposed to Bush's OBL connections etc.

He may be of his rocker but madness is often very close to the truth. I bet most of the people in the bronx using venuzwalian oil to keep themselves warm agree with him. Probably most of the Mid east. definately most of Europeans he is only speaking what is on the minds of most of the worlds population. Though they might think he is a devil or anything quite as potty they agree with his general line and direction.

It sgood IMHO to see a leader of a country giving the resources back to the people as apposed to his pals. Before anyone slags him off look at what he has done for his people as apposed to what bush has done for his, maybe it would be balanced then.

Regards

Elf.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Sorry, but living out a nightmare is not guilt. That is a clear threat. I understand your interpretation, but in this situation I think it is not applicable. Chavez is entitled to his opinions, and the only thing he stopped short of was slamming his shoe on the podium.

I truly wish I could have been there to see it and the faces of everyone there.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well, esdad, though I think we are going to disagree on the interpretation of what was said. However, I do think we can agree that we should look into season tickets for UN Assembly meetings.

Venezuela is not in my opinion a threat. We could (if we had to) wipe them out if they started nuking us. I'm more worried about getting hit by a car while I ride my bike to work today.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
You want him dead? Harsh. And quite a shame. Do we only allow free speech when we agree with it? What happened to the America that didn't want to kill people over words?

[edit on 9/20/06 by niteboy82]

There is room for improvement with the US administration, but first grade school yard name calling isn't in my opinion the way to get there. Chavez is a nut, and the UN just sank to the level of no return. Heck, the US has to go it alone most of the time anyway so I say throw those f-ers out of Manhattan, withdraw aid from South America, park some subs right off their coast and wait for them to blink.

Really if we are interested in giving any kook in the world a platform for spouting off then the UN is no longer a useful organization. There should be some accountability here.

And yes I'm a name caller, so much for my future in the diplomatic corps!

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
After all the things that have happend to South American countries in the 20th century in the name of big business and/or dictatorships I can hardly be surprised at Chavez's comments.

And by the way, spinstopshere... Chavez has lived all his life in the continent of America...

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanstheman
There is room for improvement with the US administration, but first grade school yard name calling isn't in my opinion the way to get there. Chavez is a nut, and the UN just sank to the level of no return. Heck, the US has to go it alone most of the time anyway so I say throw those f-ers out of Manhattan, withdraw aid from South America, park some subs right off their coast and wait for them to blink.

Unfortunately first grade school yard behavior is the way it's been going for a while now, including our president who thought he could play class clown during that press conference making fun of a guy for wearing glasses (who was blind).

Another thing to think about, why exactly do you think it is that America has to go it alone, at times, without the support of the UN. Remember UN=United Nations. Its supposed to be everyone working together for the common cause, not running off starting a war that has no foreseeable end in sight. A reason why you.. work together!

Our ambassador looks like he will go postal constantly. That isn't what I thought an ambassador was supposed to portray.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
As for childish name calling, Bush is ahead of Chaves by miles. I believe Chaves has a serious point, and, with a little help from his friends, doesn't need to fear immediate military reprocussions, or coups staged by US opperatives.

The US is vying for global dominance, everyone can see it, and not too many people like it.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I am confused???

Venezuela are they not as a majority the country Catholics?

Iran, who Hugo has sided with as a partner in crime are Muslims.

Are not Catholics infidels in the eyes of Islamic Fundamentalists?

So how is this going to work out if Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a hardline Islamic loyalist, and here over the past week this same group is calling for the death of Pope Benidect the Catholic Church Leader.

Hugo is a communist along with Fidel and they really don't follow religon, but sometime, somewhere, somebody has to wisper in Hugo's ear and tell him that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad believes that the people of Venezuela's are not worth the time of day and are infildels because they are Catholics.

I don't see this working out when the WOT turns into a religous fight between Islam and Jews / Christians.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Another thing to think about, why exactly do you think it is that America has to go it alone, at times, without the support of the UN. Remember UN=United Nations. Its supposed to be everyone working together for the common cause, not running off starting a war that has no foreseeable end in sight. A reason why you.. work together!

Our ambassador looks like he will go postal constantly. That isn't what I thought an ambassador was supposed to portray.

I don't appreciate the double standard. The US is supposed to do more, pay more and give up more when it comes to aiding other nations, everyone waits to see what we will do before they do anything, then they criticize us and contribute nothing-look at Darfur even looney Clooney had to admit that the US was actually leading the aid there. Those "united nations" want us to "put up and shut up". It's like asking your rich uncle for money and then getting pissed when he asks you how you're going to spend it. The United Nations is only united because they think we are their common enemy. I say fine, think that, and then you all figure how to feed and police the world. Just look at what France did with the Israel/Hezbollah crisis, "sure we'd be happy to send a leadership contingent of troops over as peacekeepers-are two enough?" It's ridiculous! My DH was part of the MFO in the Sinai, he could tell you plenty of stories!

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanstheman

I don't appreciate the double standard. The US is supposed to do more, pay more and give up more when it comes to aiding other nations, everyone waits to see what we will do before they do anything, then they criticize us and contribute nothing-look at Darfur even looney Clooney had to admit that the US was actually leading the aid there. Those "united nations" want us to "put up and shut up". It's like asking your rich uncle for money and then getting pissed when he asks you how you're going to spend it. The United Nations is only united because they think we are their common enemy. I say fine, think that, and then you all figure how to feed and police the world. Just look at what France did with the Israel/Hezbollah crisis, "sure we'd be happy to send a leadership contingent of troops over as peacekeepers-are two enough?" It's ridiculous! My DH was part of the MFO in the Sinai, he could tell you plenty of stories!

Very well Said !

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
this guy said something unpleasant about bush? how dare he. shoot him & nuke his country & all other countries around his just to be sure. wouldnt it be great to nuke mexico as well and detach south america altogether..
ps can i please nuke canada? i dont like the way they talk and i think they mite be commies.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I really don't care what Chavez has to say about the US or Bush or whatever. I don't even care who he sells his oil to, or what countries he forms "alliances" with. He is entitled to his opinions, and you know what they say about opinions.

However, he is a guest of this country speaking as the representative of his people on the world stage of the United Nations. One would expect a certain level of decorum, statesmanship, eloquence, and grace.

This personal insults directed towards the office of the President and the country as a whole reveal him to be the oafish blowhard that he really is. Sooner or later he will run out of steam for his soundbite machine, and his countrymen will see him as the buffoon he really is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join