It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, anything new on the Fatima Secrets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Has this become public or

is it still hidden from the public??

IMO, i dont think it has anything to do with popes since the child said it was so horrible she wouldnt want to be alive during those times

I know its been discussed here before, but anything new?

[edit on 20-9-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The Vatican has given details for the first time of the so-called third secret of Fatima.

It said the secret - revealed by the Virgin Mary to three young children in a series of visions - related to the failed 1981 assassination attempt against Pope John Paul II.

The statement was issued by the Pope's secretary of state to pilgrims who had gathered for a special mass to beatify two of the three shepherd children who reported seeing the visions in 1917 on a hillside near the town of Fatima, in Portugal.

While two of the so-called "secrets of Fatima" are well known, the third has never been revealed to anyone but Popes and a few top Vatican officials.

Cardinal Angelo Sodano said the third part of the secret involved martyrdom and suffering, including a man "clothed in white" who "falls to the ground apparently dead, under a burst of gunfire".

The cardinal said that, after the 1981 assassination attempt by Turkish gunman Mehmet Ali Agca, "it appeared evident to his Holiness that it was a motherly hand which guided the bullets past, enabling the dying Pope to halt at the threshold of death."

Special feeling

He added that the entire secret would be made public after "appropriate" preparation for the faithful.

Pope John Paul II is reported to have had a special fondness for Fatima since the 1981 assassination attempt, which occurred on 13 May - the anniversary of the first apparition.

After recovering from his gunshot wounds, he left one of the bullets in the crown of the statue of the Madonna at the Fatima shrine.

Despite his physical frailty, he travelled to Portugal to conduct Saturday's historic ceremony.

It was the third time the Pope had visited the shrine which marks the spot where the visions appeared.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Not to be crass but THAT was the big 3rd secret that couldn't be revealed?
I thought it was supposed to rock the world and change everything as we know it.?

I am missing something here?

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Crikey people! Talk about mutual misinformation!

The full text, photocopy of the letter in which it was written down, analysis and proposed interpretation of the "third secret" were published back in 2000, preceded by several press-releases and speeches by major figures in the Church stating that this to be the case. It's not as if it's hard to find that out from a simple google enquiry. Why perpetuate that it's a big covered-up unknown?? Why quote from sources ten years or more out of date. Deny ignorance??

You can find it in entirety here:

The Third Secret of Fatima

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
There was an old Coast to Coast episode with Fr. Malachi Martin (or is it Martin Malachi?)... anyway he apparently had been privy to the 3rd secret, and though he was under oath to not talk about it specifically, he was able to answer 'yes' or 'no' to certain questions. He gave the impression that it was more of a world-changing chain of events. See 3 days of darkness theories for an idea of what he was talking about.

And honestly, why would they keep it under wraps for decades if it was a simple assassination attempt? All the Catholics I knew at the time called bull**** when they came out with the supposed '3rd secret'.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Is it possible that JP2 wasn't the target of the third secret? According to the prophesy of St. Malachai JP2 was meant to live a long life, B16 was supposed to have a short career. Maybe the assassination will be of B16.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by d60944
Crikey people! Talk about mutual misinformation!

The full text, photocopy of the letter in which it was written down, analysis and proposed interpretation of the "third secret" were published back in 2000, preceded by several press-releases and speeches by major figures in the Church stating that this to be the case. It's not as if it's hard to find that out from a simple google enquiry. Why perpetuate that it's a big covered-up unknown?? Why quote from sources ten years or more out of date. Deny ignorance??

You can find it in entirety here:

The Third Secret of Fatima

Cheers.

The assasination attempt on the Pope doesn't really sound like this quote does it?:

Other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious going up a steep mountain, at the top of which there was a big Cross of rough-hewn trunks as of a cork-tree with the bark; before reaching there the Holy Father passed through a big city half in ruins and half trembling with halting step, afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met on his way; having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big Cross he was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions. Beneath the two arms of the Cross there were two Angels each with a crystal aspersorium in his hand, in which they gathered up the blood of the Martyrs and with it sprinkled the souls that were making their way to God.

www.vatican.va...

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
That's the same link as I just posted.... ?!

The assasination attempt on the Pope doesn't really sound like this quote does it?:

No - to me the text of the 3rd secret does not sound like the attempted assassination of Pope JPII. It sounds much more wide-ranging, involving wholesale destruction of the Holy See and succeeding in taking the life of a Pope. I have posted my view on that elsewhere on this site. I also tend to cry bull**** at the official interpretation.

My problem was not that the Church's "official" interpretation is correct (I don't think it is), it was the misinformation from posters that the raw text of the 3rd secret had not been made public - cos it has.

As the Catholic Church believes that - essentially - it is the one true church, then a destruction of the rulers and a large portion of the faithful would be regarded as pretty world-changing.

According to the prophesy of St. Malachai JP2 was meant to live a long life, B16 was supposed to have a short career.

More misinformation. The Malachy document says nothing at all about how long any of the Pontiffs reign. Please read it. It's on Wikipedia if you want an easy source.

new topics

top topics

join