It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a coup happen in USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
After the thailand coup i question my self that was it really a coup or a counter coup to remove the NWO?.CAn a coup or for a lack of better word counter coup take place in USA where there is total disclosure of the 9\11 events?.would the mil even think twice of doing such a thing like this?

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
There is a thread on this already, it was started be for the thai incident, and yes it could happen. If I can find the thread I'll link it so you can post there.
American Coup D'Etat

[edit on 20-9-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   
As long as the military continues to be voluntary, I don't see a military coup on U.S. soil. I believe this has only happened in countries with a long history of national service, or conscription.

Democracy should eliminate the threat of a government overthrow. I mean, why? Our government officials are elected by its citizens, and our armies are completely voluntary.

Besides, why even bother? Our Presidents will only be in the House for (maximum) eight years.

Although it is a good question. We all could use some brushing up on our U.S. Government. It's all just so darn confusing!

-Sour

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I found it interesting in the articles I've read about it that this is "the first coup in 15 years". It sounds as though this is a regular thing in Thailand...

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
The Military is loyal to the King. The people people of Thailand love the King. The people have called upon the resignation of the P.M. due to scandal - he has not. The P.M. is only popular among the poorer north - the middle / upperclass (city folk) want him gone.

The Military is to hand over power back to the people once the details are hammered out.

More likely to happen in the U.K. than it is in the U.S. in such a scenario - and even that is far fetched at best.

new topics

top topics

join