It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War between the West and Muslim countries: what would be China's response?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by warset
not entirely true, let just say, without US, there is EU and the others.... not only the US, but the entire world today is filled with "made in china" stuff.
and with out chinese products, the US servies will get nothing for at least half year, and that means they will lose their jobs during this interval time, and creates economic depression. and with out tangible goods, US dollar will get down to worth nearly nothing... and the story goes on.....

China may in fact make goods for other people, but I fail to see how the EU economy or any combination of world economies can step in and fill a void left by the United States in the Chinese economy. Nevermind the sale of goods which is only one element, where is China going to get the investment money lost by the US in such a scenario?

It isn't like China is saying no to investment today, so I don't see how the basis for the theory that without the US, supplimental investment would simply appear from thin air from some other place, particularly since if the US (or China for that matter, much less both!) economy takes a hit, it is almost guarenteed to ripple to other markets.

Originally posted by warset
and chinese ppl will probably not to turn their hatred toward there government, instead, they will probably hate the US for causing such war, and thus become even more patriotic (like how they are now united to against japanese)

but to be honest, nobody really knows what's gonna happen.

I agree with your conclusions, reactions are speculation and no one really knows what would happen there.

<< 1   >>

join