It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gates of Babylon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I found it interesting today in my local news broadcast that they carried a headline stating that "The Gates of Babylon have reopened" claiming that the city has now officially re-opened it's gates. They also mentioned King Nebachaneezar's name.

That small bit of info isn't in and of itself so interesting except for the potential symbolic message. Being that Babylon is frequently mentioned in Revelations and alot of Christians believe it to be the devil's playground I thought it odd that local news would carry the story, since there seemed to be no story.

Does anyone have any thoughts about possible encoded message in this announcement?

Don't laugh, this is a conspiracy based web-site!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
End times armageddon and uch coes to mind for me, but that is the way it always is. Back in the 12 Crusades and earlier ones, it could have been seen as the reopening, what about Desert One, wasn't that a reopening. It might be more of a symbolic meaning that a litoral one, thats just my opinion. If God suddenly appears and claims we all have been bad sinners, let me know.

Until then, it is just more of the same ole dooms days spin.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well as far as I can see, most of the Christians I know haven't paid much mind. so when i see the Christian or Cathol;ic church having a heart attack about it, then I'll be well prepared to actually slap them sense into them. I mean there is the possibility that it is trying to say something about a bad event happening in the near future, but I'm watching my back. I'm already in trouble with big brother, maybe me and you can carry this convo elsewhere, interested?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I have came to believe that the media is used to project symbolism into the public domain that could be useful in knowing what stage the "plan" is in as far as NWO type of activity.

Babylon represents different things to different people and as I stated earlier it is just odd that the re-opening of the gates of the city would be of interest unless there is something symbolic rather than literal (as Advisor said).

Something was mentioned to me that gave me a weird feeling in my stomach.
I was asked if I knew when the next solar eclipse was so I googled it and found that it will be September 22.

The last astrologically significant one was August 11, 1999.....7 years ago.
11 & 22 Master numbers.

What in the world?

[edit on 19-9-2006 by interestedalways]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
I have came to believe that the media is used to project symbolism into the public domain that could be useful in knowing what stage the "plan" is in as far as NWO type of activity.

Babylon represents different things to different people and as I stated earlier it is just odd that the re-opening of the gates of the city would be of interest unless there is something symbolic rather than literal (as Advisor said).

Something was mentioned to me that gave me a weird feeling in my stomach.
I was asked if I knew when the next solar eclipse was so I googled it and found that it will be September 22.

11 & 22 Master numbers.

What in the world?

For all it's worth, I don't think it's significant and Advisor's sobriety is in the right direction.

But if you like speculating on numbers...
11 The Hendecad or the accursed shells, that only exist out of the Divine Tree
22 The number of the letters in the Hebrew alphabet, and of the paths on the Tree, Finality, and fatal finality.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

that it will be September 22.

11 & 22 Master numbers.

What in the world?

your on it interested. those are the numbers. theres always a pattern.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I too find it strange as well that we might here/read "snip it's" of information regarding such things as the end times etc..and then never here them or read the same thing again. Sometimes I think, "was that bit of info thrown in there to thwart my mind from the truth?" "or was it thrown in there from a greater power to "remind" those alseep per say, that the time is nearing to awaken?"

Also sometimes the tiniest bit of something (here being info) is actually more pertnant than those large grand things/headlines.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Not that it means anything, but Rosh Hashanah also beings on the 22nd. I'm not good with Jewish holidays, but doesn't Rosh Hashanah sybolize the Day of Atonement?

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It looks like Rosh Hanna is the Jewish New Year, also known as Feast of the Trumpets, the trumpets to herald the coming Messiah

Yom Kipper comes along 10 days later. It is called Day of Atonement. The 10 days in between are considered days of Awe.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This is great, and I didn't know where to go on vacation this year!!!

Do we need sun block?

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Not if you go out during the eclipse!

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I'd say that the site being officially re-opened is newsworthy of its own.

When christians refer to babylon, especially when the NT refers to it, its usually not concerned with the physical city of Babylon in what was then Parthia. Babylon is something of a 'code word' for all that is non-christian, ie, the normal pagan religions of the day.

This is especially exciting because I don' tthink that archaeology under hussein was all that inbiased or effective, so now having the site opened up for archaeological investigation, its almost certainly going to result in some BIG discoveries and reinterpretations.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well, Nygdan, thanks for the validation. Usually I sense your posts as downplaying things that are being said, but I guess that is just part of the deny ignorance mentality. I think there is something to the gates of Babylon thindg, and after studying up on Solar Eclipses from egyptian times, I think it is very meaning ful as though a new time is coming soon, or now.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

It looks like Rosh Hanna is the Jewish New Year, also known as Feast of the Trumpets, the trumpets to herald the coming Messiah

Yom Kipper comes along 10 days later. It is called Day of Atonement. The 10 days in between are considered days of Awe.

I'm assuming that the coming messiah is the anti-christ who would pass through the gates.. The brotherhood of the snake is preparing us for the age of infamy?

The gates exist and are in a museum in Berlin and I've actually seen them. Iraq had petitioned for their return many times in the past. Will the actual gates be returned to Iraq now that the western allies have taken control over the city?

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Its doubtful that the physical gates would be returned. The british museum has, for instance, marbles from greece that the greeks have been demanding be returned for years.

Though recently a ku#e obelisk was returned by the italians, so who knows.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
How important would the separtation of the different gates be? Would the physical presence of the gates themselves hold the power or the geological, or the sybology only. Why can those ancient cities be raped for their natural treasures? That's Anti-C to me

Brotherhood of the Snake, eh. Haven't heard that for a while, but I do have William Brawley's book, God's of Eden on shelf. Maybe I should flip through.

I'm not even slightly prone to dance around the lower vibes, and when I hear the word Anti'Christ, I'm not always sure if that is a good or a bad thing. Cause the Christ thing is not entirely explained.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Do you think the opening of the gates would be a physical manifestion, like a rebuilding of ?

Are the gates themselves keys, the physical d

I think the opening of the gates is more of a cosmic event.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
interested why do you think is more of a cosmic event?

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Video - Rainbow performing the 'Gates of Babylon'.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
Video - Rainbow performing the 'Gates of Babylon'.

www.youtube.com...

lol, that's the first thing i thought of when i saw the title of this thread... i thought the lyrics to the song may somehow be relevant to the topic, but i guess i don't need to post 'em now eh... Long Live RJD! \m/

top topics

join