It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Is the Pope doomed to be assassinated?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Whether or not you agree with the Pope's statements in which I personally find no reason for offense. Will his speech be used by Islam as reason to assassinate him? If he is assassinated I think it might spark a larger war between Islam and Europe. What are your opinions? Can you find anything in Nostradomus's predictions or St. Malachy's which might appear to state we might be in for interesting times in our world?

[edit on 19-9-2006 by arius]




posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
"John Paul II s successor is called " Gloria Olivae," or "glory of the olive. "traditionally, the olive branch has been associated with peace, but in both the Old and New Testaments it also serves as an emblem for the Jews. Putting the two together, some commentators believe that the reign of this pope will be a peaceful one during which the prophesied conversion of the Jews will take place.



www.dayofgod.net...

St. Benedicts 6th century prophecy that a member of his order will lead the Church in its fight against evil just before the Apocalypse. The Benedictine Order is known by another name: Olivetans."

"Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."

"ever since 9/11, unofficial sources I have spoken to in the Vatican have voiced fears of a strike on St Peter’s basilica and the Vatican City. Pilgrims entering St Peter’s Square now have to pass through x-ray checkpoints and last week Al-Qaeda-linked websites were indeed targeting the Vatican. One carries an image of the black flag of Islam flying over the apostolic palace, the Pope’s residence. A message posted by a senior Al-Qaeda figure said: “We are certain that the infidelity and tyranny of the Pope will only be stopped by a major attack.”

"Inside the Vatican it is being said unofficially that Benedict was trying to pre-empt an aggressive letter aimed at the papacy by the president of Iran, which was why he cited the debate involving a Persian."

IMHO, I Think the Pope is at much greater risk from Islam extremists.

When i first read the comments made, I definitely felt that it was of a negitive blast, and looking back was a tactical move by the RCC, Underneath it all there is a Holy War, and we need to ;wake up and realize that this is the direction it is going, and it's Scary which ever side you maybe on.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by Dark_Raven]



posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark_Raven
"John Paul II s successor is called " Gloria Olivae," or "glory of the olive. "traditionally, the olive branch has been associated with peace, but in both the Old and New Testaments it also serves as an emblem for the Jews. Putting the two together, some commentators believe that the reign of this pope will be a peaceful one during which the prophesied conversion of the Jews will take place.



www.dayofgod.net...

St. Benedicts 6th century prophecy that a member of his order will lead the Church in its fight against evil just before the Apocalypse. The Benedictine Order is known by another name: Olivetans."

"Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."

"ever since 9/11, unofficial sources I have spoken to in the Vatican have voiced fears of a strike on St Peter’s basilica and the Vatican City. Pilgrims entering St Peter’s Square now have to pass through x-ray checkpoints and last week Al-Qaeda-linked websites were indeed targeting the Vatican. One carries an image of the black flag of Islam flying over the apostolic palace, the Pope’s residence. A message posted by a senior Al-Qaeda figure said: “We are certain that the infidelity and tyranny of the Pope will only be stopped by a major attack.”

"Inside the Vatican it is being said unofficially that Benedict was trying to pre-empt an aggressive letter aimed at the papacy by the president of Iran, which was why he cited the debate involving a Persian."

IMHO, I Think the Pope is at much greater risk from Islam extremists.

When i first read the comments made, I definitely felt that it was of a negitive blast, and looking back was a tactical move by the RCC, Underneath it all there is a Holy War, and we need to ;wake up and realize that this is the direction it is going, and it's Scary which ever side you maybe on.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by Dark_Raven]


I quite agree with you and am utterly upset that this is where ti all winds down to. The idea that one believes that their religion is better than another is ridiculous. Back to the point, someone's going to get hurt over this. It may even be multiple people and those that agree with Benedict atre probably going to act on his words eventually if he does get assissnated and they don't behave rationally about it. It all break out into the open and we'll all be screwed. WWIII anyone?



posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by arius
Will his speech be used by Islam as reason to assassinate him?

Yes.

If he is assassinated I think it might spark a larger war between Islam and Europe.

Yes.

There will be two choices when that happens. The world can either -

1. Show restraint and try to educate the radical islamics on the proper way to express anger and how civilized people behave.

or

2. Pound the hell out of radical islamics and show them that they shouldn't hit people when those people have a bigger stick.

Either way works for me.



posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I was wondering about that over the weekend.



posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Since the papacy is now pacifist, no one can legitimately claim to avenge an assasinated pope's death, indeed, any good christian, let alone good catholic, would, like the nun gunned down in africa, 'forgive, forgive'.

Also, Pope Benedict is not a Benedictine, no? So Benedicts prophecy, even if its accurate, can't be speaking about Pope Benedict, nor support the idea that Pope Benedict is the gloria olivae because of their being called 'olivetans'.



posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Also, Pope Benedict is not a Benedictine, no? So Benedicts prophecy, even if its accurate, can't be speaking about Pope Benedict, nor support the idea that Pope Benedict is the gloria olivae because of their being called 'olivetans'.


Isn't it odd though that he chose this name (adding to the confusion of these prophesies)? Surely the Vatican is aware of the interest and following of these prophesies, and it's almost like they are trying to make it appear legitimate or at least self-fulfilling at this point.


By the way, I know I should know this, but what Holy Order does he hail from? I can't seem to find it.

[edit on 9/21/2006 by Relentless]



posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
Isn't it odd though that he chose this name (adding to the confusion of these prophesies)?

Not really. Its a good enough papal name. Apparently, since he's, what, the 13th, or some such, its not an unpopular name for popes either.


and it's almost like they are trying to make it appear legitimate or at least self-fulfilling at this point.

Because he picked the name benedict? I mean, would we expect him to not pick the name of, say, a pope that he liked, because of a concern for people that accept strange prophecies?


By the way, I know I should know this, but what Holy Order does he hail from?

The Inquisition.



posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The Inquisition?

You're killing me.

Seriously though, I do find something off about choosing that name at this time, maybe it's just me. I would actually have thought he would have taken a name that would have put the Malachy stuff to rest, anything other than Benedict would have accomplished that.

Although.....St. Benedict is one of the biggest patron saints for protection against the devil.


[edit on 9/21/2006 by Relentless]



posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'm not catholic maybe some of you guys are. I wonder what catholics think about this whole issue. They're aren't very many catholics where I live so I can't ask them so I'll ask this board.



posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
The Inquisition?

You're killing me.



He's quite correct, the Roman Inquisition was the basis for the founding of the
'dicipline'/'order' that Ratzinger=Benedict XVI followed -
.i.e. Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith

look up in the wikipedia info on Pope Benedict_XVI
(the address is way too long to put here)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm with the other posters who mentioned that there are people who are intent
on helping (old) prophecies become reality..........that is the self-fufilling angle.

And there are two camps, Catholics & Muslims, that would like the next-to-last-Pope prophecy to be accomplished in the Papacy of Benedict XVI
~each for their own reasons & interests~

interesting times, indeed



posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
He's quite correct, the Roman Inquisition was the basis for the founding of the
'dicipline'/'order' that Ratzinger=Benedict XVI followed -
.i.e. Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith



Oh, is that what he was talking about. The Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith is not a Holy Order, as in Benedictine, Fransican, Carmelite, etc. It is a group formed within the Church staffed by Cardinals and other officials that oversee matters of faith. I'm sure it's members are comprised of preists from many different Orders.

It is not Holy Order, as in a group that a preist would be ordained into.


And there are two camps, Catholics & Muslims, that would like the next-to-last-Pope prophecy to be accomplished in the Papacy of Benedict XVI
~each for their own reasons & interests~


Really, I'm Catholic and I have no clue what you are referring to either. I don't know any Catholics that want to see these prophesies fulfulled. Most of us are holding our breaths till this Papacy ends without incident, then that will put it all to rest once and for all.

So if you know something I obviously don't, do share.




top topics



 
0

log in

join