It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I a "bad person" just because I thought this was funny?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Every so often, you hear or read something that is in obvious "bad taste". And when you do hear or see something that is in "bad taste" you know you should be angry, disgusted and, of course, you know you should turn away. But what about when you see or read something that you know is in horrendously bad taste but.....but.....you smile, you laugh, and, worse, you actually enjoy it.,

I just read something that was, well, in horrendously pure taste. It's, well, BAD. In some respects, I can't help but feel that it is so politically incorrect that those who watch for this sort of thing would actually call for a politically incorrect chastisement.

New reality TV show puts martyrs in Paradise

Does laughing at this bring a Fatwa down upon you?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I think I know what you mean. It seems usually that when someone says something is in 'bad taste', they usually mean that's what other people would think if 'they' saw it, refferring to some type of objective morality.

Like if you see a ninja kick an old lady down the stairs on a movie (for example). I would laugh my ass off at that, but would later feel bad because things like that are not 'supposed' to be funny.

Its all about what you think other people would think, I guess.

I dont think it makes you a bad person though, I think everyone has at least a little twisted sense of humor.
"political correctness" is becoming more and more of an unrealistic ideal anyways.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Bad taste? That doesn't make you a 'bad person'.

If it did, then every one of us who watches 'Married with Children' rerun comfort TV are bad people as well.

You are fine. Enjoy.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

...the suicide bombs in their suitcases will only be stun grenades. When they wake up they will have no idea that they are actually in a specially prepared aircraft hangar outside Luton...

That is just so wrong that it's funny...how bout have 72 nuns ready to greet them as they come round, just to add a final insult?! I wonder what happens to the participants after the show though? Private flight from Luton to Gitmo Club-Class???

edit...doh! just twigged it's a spoof news-site

[edit on 20-9-2006 by timski]

top topics

join