It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future Weapons Development, Your Ideas

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Shattered, my point was that becasue this was a vintage site it proves that none of the ideas being persued now are new. It's simply evidence that the Air Force is and has been dedicated to beam weaponry.

The 747 laser weapon system is fully functional now and was recently in the news.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I've pointed out the THEL as you're "dedicated" beam weapon, it's a beam weapon sure, but right now we have not deployed it as we see in Star Wars and it probably won't be.

My point is that we probably won't see in the near future laser wars.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Here are a couple of ideas that I've come up with.

I'm trying to think of a name for it. Anybody got any ideas?

Its armed with a planet busting super-laser. And has only one small weakness but I'm only going to say its so small I doubt anyone could exploit it

Oh and how about a graviton generator. Place one into the orbit of a planet preferrably the side facing the sun. The gravitational field bends the light condemning the planet to eternal darkness. Or just two the planet far enough away that it freezes.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
i think that future weapons should consider unmanned robotics or exoskeletons. sense more weapons are being developed to be more and more complex and powerfull i think our armor should be to. because america won't be the only country designing new and improved weapons. so we should also be worried about protection against them. i've seen designs for suits and some where really good. and i think they sould go into mass production

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Im typing this on my new iPhone so forgive me

I can't see direct-energy weapons as the future general issue for infantry. They just don't need a laser, not to mention a power source. What I can foresee however, is advanced ballistics based weaponry, namely with a "homing feature". Perhaps an advanced target aquisition (Kinda like modern day jet fighters) and tracking in an infantryman's HUD, that would allow projectiles from the weapon to be guided along a laser path to a target.

Energy weapons will find their use on heavy gunships, namely for anti-armor duties, at which lasers would excel at. Large Air-to-air interceptors could find a place for energy weapons, so long as they could be accurately aimed, as well as a quasi-compact energy sorce developed.

Nuclear weapons will be around until the end of humanity, and the basic prinipal may well be scaled up to be capable of destroying moon-sized objects, although "planet-killer" bombs will be: impractical, huge, and beyond the energy thereshold that we're able to contain (At least for the next 300-500) years. There'll be no niche for space-to-space weapons for quite some time, unless our ape-like political dispute follow us into the cosmos.

Popular Science always has hood stories about future "kit". Pick up a copsometime, makes for a great read.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
SENTURIAN SYSTEM - is now feasible, Parameter - Defense, Eye in the Sky anti personell weapon. Senturian is dropped from an aircraft, over a forested trail area, or could be setup on QuadPod.
all light spectrum camera. satillite uplink and deployment. round titainum shell - (DU for hardend deployment) so it will deflect inbound small arms.
remote self destruct - remote sniper - remote grenade munitions - remote loud speaker -

interest in my baby... just let me know... A friend of mine was so impressed he included it into one of his war novels... anyone know which one...?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Nothing new really, but a fleet of vls arsenal ships could wipe out any country on Earth just as effectively as a nuclear strike within certain criteria.

Say, in 20 years China builds a fleet of fuel cell powered oil tanker sized submersibles carrying thousands of cruise missiles each. You could mask the sound by moving under normal sea traffic, or be towed by normal sea traffic. Your paranoia level with respect to detection may vary. I'm thinking of something like the huge container ship hulls with a few modifications to make them submersible to a few feet, and not a full fledged submarine with elaborate sonar systems, dive planes, torpedo tubes, or human comforts.

A repeat of Pearl Harbor with modern PGM's and cruise missiles is a frightening proposition.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
k...

cool! death destruction!
awesome..

my idea for a weapon is...

an instantaneously reacting weapon.. in which WHENEVER an internet poster goes to write an idea for a new weapon to slaughter millions, types their response to a question asking their idea of such,
nay, whenever ANYONE ANYWHERE, starts to imagine methods of controlling or destroying other sentient life, what happens is...

is they merely blink out of existence...
pop!
all trace of their ever existing simply disappears.

that is my idea for a weapon.

killing's COOL! tell your friends!
we can ALL play!

I think also we could have this thing where one tak--(poof)

-

[edit on 20-5-2008 by prevenge]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

I think you're in the wrong place.

This is obvious flame-bait.

Let me recap who really needs mental-evaluation, you went onto a forum where the main discussion is about weapons and means to which to cause harm and then proceed to make a post condemning that fact in the forum?

There was a much better better place for that post, like BTS, don't like what's being discussed, go onto BTS and make a rant, they have a forum for that you know.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Let me tell you about the worlds best weapon:
The Human Mind - when you think something cant be defeated, well -
you just aint thinking right.
a million BB's will defeat a street full a army of vehicles trying to get through. high tech - low tech ...

plattoon a say invaders - searching house to house ...this technique has been used in street fighting in south america with varying amounts of sucess. have a fast running kid - make the invaders give chase. have a street pre-staged with anti-personnel devices with in places of cover.
as the invaders come around the corner into the theater .. at the right moment - fire a weapon - causing the invaders to duck for cover. when they do... blow the stage. and mop up straglers.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Weapons that simulate natural disasters... but I think these already exist.
Especially marine heartquakes that trigger tsunamis or weather manipulation to create huge hurricanes to create situations like Burma for geo political purposes...

Other weapons:
- Viruses that hit only popuation with a specific DNA strand (this may already exist)
- Manipulate steroids orbit and strike enemy territory (natural disaster like... or god punishment for nasty government)
- Viruses that attack ecosystem of specific nation
- Simulation of god: god comes to earth and punishes the bad people, e.g. Russia and China and of course IRAN.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Has the idea of localized seismic weaponry been mentioned?

Okay, in a separate thread the idea was floated that HAARP had something to do with the earthquakes of late. I'm not suggesting that here.

This is my idea: trans-sedimentary short-range soil liquification network actuated mines.

Here's how they work. The business end of the weapon is auger like, perhaps diamond edged drill. You allow covert placement of this weapon around a perimeter, the more you can plant, the better, but a minimal number of 5 or 6 (pentagonal or hexagonal linkage for synchronicity) devices are set. They can be set to drill to depth either immediately or a conveniently stealthy time.

Either timed or remote activation, (a provided you don't care that the ensuing localized seismic effect might trigger a larger quake), you set the network to actuate. With the appropriate resonation frequencies, you can possibly liquify your enemy well into the ground/sand or upset larger stones beneath the ground, upsetting the levels for their long-range weapons and their accuracy.

How would the weapons create such vibrations and energy? Not sure, but I'm thinking nano-nuclear charges that deliver precise frequencies of parabolically building/harmonically tuned force until the optimal earth disturbance is reached. Try quantum tunneling on specialty built crystalline structures.

Just an idea.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossad99
Weapons that simulate natural disasters... but I think these already exist.
Especially marine heartquakes that trigger tsunamis or weather manipulation to create huge hurricanes to create situations like Burma for geo political purposes...

Other weapons:
- Viruses that hit only popuation with a specific DNA strand (this may already exist)
- Manipulate steroids orbit and strike enemy territory (natural disaster like... or god punishment for nasty government)
- Viruses that attack ecosystem of specific nation
- Simulation of god: god comes to earth and punishes the bad people, e.g. Russia and China and of course IRAN.

Simulation of God. Don't you mean God v. 1.2? Better than original god with add-ons, plug-ins and shockwave!!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossad99

Along the same lines of what I was thinking. I know people will say that planet destroyers are coming, but really....is there any reason for it as of right now?

I would have to think that a weapon that could single out individuals with specific traits would be heavily utilized in warfare. If you could go into a battle and wipe out anyone within a certain distance that had the genetic traits of the enemy this would be the most powerful weapon made. That is, once deployed it could be set for coverage distance, and the specific trait of the enemy so as not to affect say women and children or something of that sort.

With all of the genetic research I would think this a very viable option for any country doing such research. If this weapon were to be created and deployed it could easily change the outcome of any war as well as the political and socio-economic standing of it's creator country.

Say a weapon that could be deployed as a type of gas or atmospheric cloud over a specific distance with a short half life that would disperse and dissipate within a set time frame to knock out the specified entities within the area. Simply detonate over the area while troops are moving through and voila....they just have to secure the untouched people in the area.

Nice thread!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
anybody who plays 40K will know this one

The Bolter
a gun firing .75 caliber shells designed to exploded upon entrance to the human body. uses a belt feed in order to maintain an unprecedented rate of fire. equipped with recoil dampeners allowing the normal solider to use it.

also for the bolter
Anti-Tank rounds:
A steel round wrapped in a ceramic shell the rifling on the barrel spins the shell so much that the ceramic begins to super heat melting the steel inside, upon impact the sudden change of tempature will crack the steel on the front of a vehicle as well as the ceramic casing sending the now molten steel and superheated gasses into the interior of the tank. For added effect you can add a depleted uranium rod in the shell so that not only is the steel and gasses entering the vehicle but also a spike of uranium.

Yes this weapon is feasible before you ask the hardest part would be lowering the recoil to allow for a common line grunt to use it with ease.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think that it would be cool to have a weapon that could be have the power of a tank, the stealth of a B2 Spirit, and the payload of nuke bomb.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
A revolution in tanks actually. What if we gave tanks legs, and some tanks with a rail gun for stealth nuclear weapon capabilities! Yeah!

Seriously though; I'm thinking a long-range gun that 'jams' brain waves. Think TV or cellphone jammers only with brains.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by iori_komei

Great ideas... not

How about inventing countermeasures for the existing weapons instead.

Advanced scanning + targeting systems for all major cities. Missiles which splits in 4 and traps incoming missiles in a net, afterwards the 4 missiles guide the incoming bigger missile out of the atmosphere. That would be a GREAT invention and make people safer from the threat of neclear weapons.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I can't see energy weapons for infantry use due to the energy required. But for for armor and aircraft, it's quite plausible. But not as an offensive weapon. I'm thinking something like MTHEL (Mobile Tactical High Energy Laser) or HELLADS (High Energy Liquid Laser Area Defense System) to defend against rocket attacks. Imagine firing an RPG at a tank and seeing it be ripped out of the air with invisible lasers.

As for offensive weapons, I can see railguns see use, as well as Rods from God for WMD capabilites.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by iori_komei

no offense but some of those are bizarre like the asteroid gun is crazy but the microwave gun is a good idea how about 7.62mm bullets that can explode near the target or a computer system that makes artilery guns more acurate with regular rounds but hey just a thought you never know

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join