It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you listen to?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
i was curious as to what my fellow ATS members listen to....so lets hear it

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Well I try to tell myself that I have a good Wide range of musical tastes
however, somthing is staring me in the eye that I tend to lean towards moody Depressing Music, full of mellon collie and Sadness so, I don't know,

I like manny styles, although weather it be Accoustic, classical, Industrial or pop, they always lean towards a darkish nature

Here are some of my FAV Bands

..Nine Inch Nails, Smashing Pumpkins, DEVO, Future Sound of London, APC, The Dresden Dolls, Ministry, Skinny Puppy, Otto Von Schirach, Classical, Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, Square pusher, C.J. Bolland, Tool, Plaid, SOULWAX, Porcupine Tree, VAST, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, John Lennon, Smashing Pumpkins, TomandAndy, Prodigy, Leftfield, TV on the Radio. AND MANNY MANNY MORE!!

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Oh man, Boards of Canada is awesome.

I'd say my favorite band at the moment would have to be through the eyes of the dead. Or since the flood.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I like Neutral Milk Hotel, Jeff Buckley, Tim Buckley, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Cats and Cats and Cats, ...and You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead, A Silver Mt. Zion, Godspeed! You Black Emperor, Explosions In The Sky, Willard Grant Conspiracy, Ryan Adams, dios, Wilco, Son Volt, Velvet Underground, Buffalo Springfield, Ween, Television, Sublime, Rufus Wainwright, Pink Floyd (Only the stuff with Syd Barrett in mind), Syd Barretts solo stuff, Acoustic Ladyland, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Nick Drake, Mars Volta, At The Drive-In, Micah P. Hinson, Grandaddy, MC5, Love, The Libertines, Iron & Wine, Jesus & Mary Chain, Grateful Dead, Phish, Captain Beefheart.....

Check out www.last.fm/user/EvilSpallacus for more

[edit on 26-9-2006 by EvilSpallacus]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
No responds here for a while, still telling yall my favorite bands!

Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party, Snow Patrol, The Killers, Death Cab For Cutie, Dirt Pretty Things, Wolfmother, We Are Scientists, Yellowcard, Franz Ferdiand, Fall Out Boy, Editors, The Fratellis, The Kooks, The Killers, Hard-Fi, 3 Doors Down, Nickelback, Linkin Park, Gorillaz, Audioslave, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Muse, Incubus, Maximo Park, Foo Fighters, Razorlight, The Rifles, The Feeling, Lostprophets, Jet, The White Stripes...

and there's probably more but I cant remember them at the moment

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
this is the type of music I mostly listen to
www.belowtopsecret.com...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

and I listen to alot of Bollywood soundtracks
and of course the usual pop/rock/hiphop on the radio. I have wide variety of musical interests. I can easily get into classical music as I can into shake your booty music.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoSuchAgency
No responds here for a while, still telling yall my favorite bands!

Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party, Snow Patrol, The Killers, Death Cab For Cutie, Dirt Pretty Things, Wolfmother, We Are Scientists, Yellowcard, Franz Ferdiand, Fall Out Boy, Editors, The Fratellis, The Kooks, The Killers, Hard-Fi, 3 Doors Down, Nickelback, Linkin Park, Gorillaz, Audioslave, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Muse, Incubus, Maximo Park, Foo Fighters, Razorlight, The Rifles, The Feeling, Lostprophets, Jet, The White Stripes...

and there's probably more but I cant remember them at the moment

AMAZING choice in music! and don't get me wrong, im not saying a;; the other people that replied to this don't listen to good music, i just love the bands u put down

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Mostly what I listen to is System of a Down, Rage Against The Machine, maybe some Slipknot and Rammstein, Prodigy, and just about any kind of Techno-ish type music. Oh yeah, i almost forgot, Jimi Hendrix.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
omg 7Pan7cho7!! i love it!! im not sure why, but it makes me happy when people like the same bands as me...have you heard "breathe" by protigy? love it!

[edit on 16-10-2006 by what_if_we_could]

[edit on 16-10-2006 by what_if_we_could]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hendrix, The Doors, Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, Janis Joplin, Johnny Cash, The White Stripes, Cream, Eric Clapton... You get the idea. Pretty much anything with good lyrics or awesesome, blues-influenced guitar.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
um....I LIKE HILLARY DUFF, BEYONCE, EMINEM AND JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE

anything else is suck

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I like Rammstein and KMFDM the best.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Aerosmith, Motorhead, AC/DC, Gorillaz, just to name a few bands that I listen to. The majority of what I lisen to to is that twangy country music and bluegrass. I do listen to rock an roll and maybe some old school rap/hip-hop.

How could I forget one of the Gods of Southern Rock???

[edit on 10/18/2006 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Been listening to electronic music for the last 10 years now, avid record collector and Discogs member too.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I have apretty eclectic taste in music; everything from classic rock to r&b, blues, jazz, motown, classical:

Beatles, Stones, Doors, Tom Petty, Fleetwood Mac, Allman Bothers, JAckson Brown, CCR, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Santana, Sade, Carlos Antonio Jobim, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Tony Bennett, Bach, Beethoven, Vivaldi, Love, Pink Floyd, Stevie Wonder, REM, Five for fighting, Goo Goo Dolls, Rush, Ramones, UFO, and too many more to mention.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Cannible Corpse,Napalm Death,Mortician,Suffocation etc etc
as you can mainly brutal daeth metal is my medicine I am also in the process of putting together a band called Mummified Corpse

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I listen to the voices in my head :bnghd: seriously though lately i've been listening to a lot of Linkin Park and System of a Down

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neew World Leader
I listen to the voices in my head :bnghd: seriously though lately i've been listening to a lot of Linkin Park and System of a Down

thats cool, i have hybrid theory, and metora (linkin park) and toxicity (soad)

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I like lotsa stuff...

Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Nightwish, Cradle of Filth, Fear Factory, U2, Korn, Slipknot, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Simple Minds, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Simply Red, Sting, Dixie Chicks, Soulfly, Slack Babbath, Cyndi Lauper, Phil Collins, Freddie Mercury, Charles Mingus, Chick Corea, Miles Davis, Weather Report, Herbie Hancock, Stanley Clark, Candy Dulfer, Supertramp just to name a small selection.

pretty much anything except real country stuff, rap, emo, and Elvis and 50s.

And an a great Aussie metal band called Aeturnus Dominion (they have a website).

In Pace Always
resi

top topics

<<   2 >>

join