It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Unacceptable to think"Bush(Must see video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I caught this commentary from Kieth Oberman in regaurds to Bush's speech in the rose garden.An di found Bush's comments to very distubing.IMO this is a must watch video.Comments welcomed.

(MSNBC)(Oberman)-Bush owes us an apology

Link to video here
www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 19-9-2006 by Black_Fox]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I am telling you, Donald Rumsfeld has hijacked the Bush presidency almost from the beginning of it!! The question is: why? What group is Rumsfeld working for? He certainly isn't working on the president's behalf, at least it doesn't seem so to me.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Good video, thanks for posting it. Looks like "thought crime" isn't too far off.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Bravo to Obermann! Very well-said! And thanks for posting it.

SpeakerofTruth, Bush has never had the control of this administration. It has always been Cheney/Rummy. The Bush-puppet is only becoming more and more obvious.

The only issue I see here is that if the president apologized, he'd be lying. I don't want an apology from him, I want a resignation.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Wouldn't the fact that so many PNAC members have/had been appointed to current administration positions, that it would lead us to the conclusion that men and women with the same ideals, and have jobs that influence national policy, at the same time, would tend to have those ideals somewhat materialized in those policies? Whether deliberate or not?

wikipedia

I really have a hard time watching the president speak. But I do have to account for the fact that when speaking, I don't have the luxury of time nor dictionary.com to check the absolute meaning of words, so I don't necessarily think the presidents comments were absolutely serious.

Interesting watching where this goes. If anywhere.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Thoughtcrime was already put into place during the 90s under the labels "hate crime" and "hate speech".

The very idea that a crime against a person should carry greater punishment because of what they were thinking as they were doing is immoral and reprehensible. A crime against a person should be punished, but it is the action itself that should be weighed when levying this punishment. Not one's "thoughts".

On the topic of the video I feel he was way blowing it out of proportion. It is phrase in common usage. "Don't even think about it." "You can't possibly think I would..." etc.

This is just blatant politicising. One thing I am curious about Bush having said though is that one of my friends mentioned something about him talking abuot a third seal or a third gate? Does anyone have info on that?

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Bush said, in paraphrase "its unacceptable to even think that there is a comparision between the motives of the american people and the terrorists who target and kill children" .

Bush isn't actually saying it should be illegal to think or say as such. Oberman is completely off base, this is simply, absurd. He is not laying the ground work for restricting freedom of speech or initiating some sort of psychic thought police.

top topics

join