It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(submission) Military Coup in Thailand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Breaking News just out shows Tanks under the control of the Military surrounding and taking over the Capital, Bangkok. Not much information out as of yet. State news channel run by Military has departed from normal scheduling and is now airing "Patriotic Songs" and showing pictures of the former King.

today.reuters.com
BANGKOK (Reuters) - The Thai armed forces and national police chiefs have set up a commission to decide on political reforms after troops and tanks took over government headquarters on Tuesday, a statement on television said.

The written statement relayed by all television channels, said the armed forces and police were in control of Bangkok, which remained peaceful, and appealed for calm.

Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra declared a state of emergency in Bangkok amid signs of the first attempted coup in the southeast Asian nation in 15 years.

"I declare Bangkok under a severe state of emergency," Thaksin said in a voice broadcast on Thai television.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In an already unstable world is it really all that shocking that the military coups have begun. I say coups because I honestly believe that as the world becomes more and more polarized this things are going to once again become more and more frequent. I don't know much about Taiwanese politics but this is definetally an interesting development.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by Elsenorpompom]

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Watching it now.

Looks like a running time of 19:17

ewwww, lots of blood.

Uh yeah I think I'll just minimize and listen to the narrative.

David Grouchy

new topics

join