It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music & Clothing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Alright so i was having an argument with my ex girlfreind last night about clothings place in music , see i always wear a tool hoodie and a band t shirt 24/7 i dont wear any other plain clothes

And she said what is the piont of wearing a t shirt or whatever with a band logo on it , i myself even tho i have over 40 band t shirts can not think why i have 40 band t shirts!! lol

And then i got thinking what drives people to buy that sort of stuff ,is it to say "this is my type of msuic F you if you dont like it" ? or is it that people feel "cool" wearing there favorite bands logo on them

i cant think of an answer to this question....What do you think

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
i like the alex grey art on my tool shirt.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It's the same reason why people wear certain colors or shirts with cute little phrases on them. I think that people wear clothes that reflect their personality, and the music we listen to definatly reflects our personality.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
i like the alex grey art on my tool shirt.

Nice shirt. I prefer the Alex Grey on my arm

I wear quite a few band tee's. Most of them are indie shirts, I find they have the best designs and good quality, plus I'm always up for supporting local/indie acts. That's why I wear 'em. I like them a lot, too.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Popular music and fashion have always gone hand in hand. They have formed the basis of pretty much every youth subculture since youth culture found its feet in the 1950's.

From Teddy boys, Mods, Hippies, Skinheads, Goths, Rude Boys, Metallers, Grungers, Baggies, Indie Kids, Emos - all easily identifiable by the way they look, and by looking at them you can make a pretty accurate prediction about the music they like.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
i rather not think about what im wearing alltogether, i just don't buy crap like nike and companies that exploits hard labor in third world countries i think that's horrible.

you can't judge someone by their clothes although a lot of people are starting to look like fashion robots..

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I buy the shirt to help support the band. Most bands make a majority of their earnings off of merch due to internet and illegal downloading. So I guess if i'm gonna buy the shirt I might as well wear it!!!

top topics

join