It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capt. America vs Batman

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The Cap I think would beat Batman. I mean he is the super soldier, he know all known fighting techniques and has a kick ass shield too! I also think he is stronger and quicker considering the serum that pumps through his body. Who do think would win and why?

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 11:56 PM
link   
In the first meeting, Cap. would no doubt win.

In the second meeting though, Bats would kick Cap's ass. Bats woulda figured out how to beat him between fights.

The serum in Caps veins doesn't give him super-human strength, it just raised his to it's maximum potential.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Daredevil is a better adversary for Batman, on whom he is based.

Cap should go up against Superman. Truth, justice and the American way, and all that.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I believe Batman would win.Because Batman has defeated so many villians that are stronger than him,has all those gadgets in his belt and has a lot of training.All Captain America has is a shield,the super soldier serum,and some training.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   
You have to ask???? Batman would hand CA's own ass to him on a plate. Batman not only kicks ass but he's a smart motha' #a' as well, he'll always find was to kick the ass of someone with better abilities than him. Kryptonite gloves, need I say more????

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   
You guys are kidding, right?

Captain America is the ultimate specimen of human physical potential and has around 40 years of experience. Batman is the world's greatest detective and one of the greatest human fighters ever.

They're incredibly evenly matched.

One of them would have to make a mistake to lose this fight, and I don't see that happening to either on a regular basis. If they fought ten times, they'd each probably win five times.

Bats is smart, but Cap's not a moron.

There is no clear-cut favorite to this one.

[Edited on 11/30/2003 by TheDemonHunter]

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Batman would win... hands down.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
A few years ago, Marvel and DC Comics had a cross-over event, where both universes merged into one, creating a brief comic book company called Anagram.

Before the merging, there was a war, to determine which universe should remain the correct one (each comic universe had a high god, they wanted to see who was better). Characters fought. The "victors" were determined by reader polls.

Superman beat the Hulk.
Wolverine beat Lobo (how, I have no idea)
Flash beat Quicksilver.
alot other battles.

The key one, which fits this thread, is that Cap did fight Batman. Since the victors were detemined by readers... it is sad to say Batman won. Out of all ways, with a batarang to Cap's head.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Who is Captain America?

No matter who he is, Batman would kill him.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
batman is nothing with out his belt

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

You have to ask???? Batman would hand CA's own (c) to him on a plate. Batman not only kicks (c) but he's a smart motha' #a' as well, he'll always find was to kick the (c) of someone with better abilities than him. Kryptonite gloves, need I say more????

I agree.

Batman has kicked Supes ass a number of times.

Batman is not just the belt, he's an obsessive compulsive over achiever. It's called "Detective Comics" for a reason. He is a master of various forms of armed and unarmed combat, also he's not opposed to kicking somebody in the balls.

Cap would not fight dirty so he would lose.

But, if it's the Captain America from "The Ultimates" versus Batman, that's a tough call.

In the end though, Batman is tough, smart and ruthless.

Batman wins.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Here's my comic geek .02 cents.

Fact #1 - Steve Rogers (a.k.a. Captain America) is at least 82, given that he was a young man in 1940 when he volunteered to take the Super-Soldier serum.

Fact # 2 - Bruce Wayne (a.k.a. Batman) is around 89, given that the first appearance of Batman was 1939 and he was 24 when he became Batman.

Fact # 3 - These guys shouldn't be fighting. God forbid if they should break a hip. I think they should settle it playing shuffleboard down in Boca Del Vista....or is it Vista Del Boca?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by skull
I believe Batman would win.Because Batman has defeated so many villians that are stronger than him,has all those gadgets in his belt and has a lot of training.All Captain America has is a shield,the super soldier serum,and some training.
Have to agree with skull on this one.
Personally, I stopped reading comics when many of the supers went through their drinking phase. :w: Y'all remember those days? Also, I guess it would depend on which Cap and which Bat we're talking about and at what point in their life/history/world the rumble takes place.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
ok my money is all on cap. what gadgets could bat use?? most things caps shield can block. is cap gets his hands on bat he is in a world of pain. plus i cant remember what issue?( im a cap fan have alot of his comics) its a newer one he gats a laser type shield after his breaks from being in the water way to long. his laser shield he can throw and produce a new one in about 3 secs. cap could stand there and chuck shields all day.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Batman would throw a batarang past Cap and then as it comes back batman leaps forward to attack him. He can't stop an attack from in front and behind at the same time. Or Batman could roll a grenade under Cap's shield and blow him up.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
Who is Captain America?

No matter who he is, Batman would kill him.

Except of course that the Dark Knight won't take human life.

Steve Rogers knows all styles of fighting? Okay, I'm not a Marvel zombie but I've never heard this one advanced before, Batman, on the other hand, is one of the world's most studied martial artists.

As for Batman being nothing without his belt...it's his brain that gave him his belt, it's his brain that allows him to funciton without his belt, as he has done numerous times.

He didn't need his belt when he fought Shiva.

How about throwing Jean-Paul Valley's slightly south of sane Batman into the equation. Who wins then?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Batman could also call in the Batmobile on remote control and run over Captain America. Don't forget all the allies that Batman has: Justice League, Azrael etc.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
ok i no that the Justice Leauge has grown ALOT. still capt has avengers, and xmen. it also depends greatly on where there fighting. in an alleycapt would win. anywhere capt would win in my opinion. expect of course the batcave.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
ok i no that the Justice Leauge has grown ALOT. still capt has avengers, and xmen. it also depends greatly on where there fighting. in an alley capt would win. anywhere capt would win in my opinion. expect of course the batcave.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Bats wins hands down.

Cap is elite but as hinted at previously Bats does his homework.

He has proven this in manny previous stories where he seeks out the weakness of not only the foes he's up against but his closest team mates.

The Cap is military trained, conditions to think and react a certain way. He unfortunately would be predictable to Batman.

In a fighting ring man vs man, no shield, no belt or batarangs give it to Caps, he would be able to take more punishment then Bats. He would wear Bats down.

In any other environment where they get to use their abilities and gadgets to the fullest, Bats takes him down.

Two men enter....One man leaves!!

[edit on 2-8-2005 by Grimholt]

[edit on 2-8-2005 by Grimholt]

<<   2 >>

join