It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: NASA tracking object near shuttle!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Wow, very interesting, I heard from across the room NPR saying "NASA does not know what the object is" and I went running for the stereo to turn it up!!! this is crazy that they are acknowledging they don't know what an object is, as they would usually have some bogus answer already. I too hope this is not a piece off the shuttle, but something intelligent and curious.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Doesn't appear to be under its own power, does it?

I highly doubt Nasa would show it if it did.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Those objects in the photos remind me of the weird "rods" that were filmed by Jose Escamilla. They seem organic rather than anything engineered. They certainly are not metallic.

link   
its debris, they said debris already.

link   
I just heard on the live feed the object has been identified. I didnt hear what they said it was though.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Has it not been speculated before that some UFO's are living beings and not metal craft? These pics look like jellyfish, or some kind of living creature. They also stated that the object was moving the same direction as the shuttle and at the same speed, but I have seen twice where the astronaughts claim it was moving away from the ISS and that it flew by the window. Something seems to be pointing to more than just debris here.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Another theory is that this could be a "decoy" story, something to distract us while something bigger is about to go down.

This could also explain why Nasa all of a sudden admits to not have an answer... getting people excited and focused. Myself, I could have sworn these were ice-crystals
... they didn´t even make 90degree angel turns and speed away, must be ordinary ice crystals this time!!!

I guess we´ll know soon enough...

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have a theory!!!

It's debris!

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
Doesn't appear to be under its own power, does it?

I highly doubt Nasa would show it if it did.

Looks like something spinning out of control. From the little you could see it definitly looked like it was.

Pie

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
For a moment CNN.com had this big yellow "breaking news" banner mentioning the second object that an Astronaut has just claimed to see.

Now it's gone..

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TG
Its impossible for it to be space debris, it would burn up in the earths atmosphere. Space debris doesnt follow the space shuttle around at 17,500 mph. It would have to have come from the space shuttle if its not a craft of some kind.

This is a good point. I hope it is not part of the space shuttle. Please pray for those aboard and their safe return home. If I were on the shuttle I would not be able to sleep, rather on the video-phone with family and friends. Highs and lows of the situation and ATS:

to ATS for having the story well in development as soon as I heard of it.
to whoever says, "You see that speck out there? What is that?" However anyone on earth or above it has that kind of eyesight is incredible.
to NASA saying "We don't know what it is". I admire honesty above all.
to the decision to wait before landing, checklist the parts of the shuttle and observe the situation.

to the "jokes" about the incident. There are real people who are in danger.
to unsubstantiated criticism that this is a NASA ruse with only skepticism as "evidence".
to the blame and finger-wagging from armchair wannabe astronauts

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
What has me baffled is that, NASA can not tell how far away or how big it is.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Very Intresting stuff this,

After all the Missions, you would think the Astronouts and NASA would be used to seeing these sort of things? if it were Space Debrie or somthing Jettisond from shuttle.

but no, not this time.
Their acting like they don't usualy see this sort of thing.

1 that could be really bad for the shuttle or
2 This is somthing REALLY unknown.

if its trackable by Norad then its a pretty big peice of the shuttle

if its not of the shuttle and its in the same orbit at the same speed then...
you know twhat that means............

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Looking at the photo's again, I'm going to guess weather balloon. I didn't think a weather balloon could get into space, but it does look like a folded translucent balloon.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
A weather balloon traveling at speeds of around 17500 mph???

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
What has me baffled is that, NASA can not tell how far away or how big it is.

They can tell.....but they won't tell.

TG

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
its absolutely impossible for a weather balloon to enter space unless it was attached to a rocket

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
my goodness, no wonder nasa dosnt want to tell people there could be something out there. i think you all would faint from fear.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well whatever it is, it is interesting. But here is food for thought. What if this announcement/news reports is a test? To see how the public would react, what if it was a dry run for the real thing? Part of the Cosmic Journey project to educate us about the existence of ailens?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Looking at the photo's again, I'm going to guess weather balloon. I didn't think a weather balloon could get into space, but it does look like a folded translucent balloon.

If that's a weather balloon, then NASA has been wasting a lot of time and money on rockets. They can send the astronauts into orbit in a balloon. Wonder why they never thought of that?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join