It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: NASA tracking object near shuttle!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This reminds me of that silver / grey orb footage from the shuttle mission , and this little orb just ups and floats around outside for a while bfeore sodding off into the darkness of space...

Seems strange though that they did announce it so early, unless some amature has been listening in and was going to lift the lid any how...

Hope thats its an alien craft and not heat shield tiles, because the last shuttle destruction was aweful, and wouldn't ever want to see that ever again..

Alien contact on the other hand would be cool.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
They were to repair damage INCURRED early in the mission, but could be performed at any time.

I just hope they're gonna be O.K. that's the main thing.

Maybe we'll still be lucky & the thing will warp drive itself outta the solar system. I'd love to see them explain that away as I stated previous. . .

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
It's not IN the cloud tops, or it wouldn't be an issue. It's a perspective thing. It's not that it's a hazard to the shuttle as it's that they don't know where it came from. If it came from the tiles of the shuttle, then we're facing another Columbia if they're not careful. If it's one of the bolts they lost in the spacewalk recently then it's not a problem and they come home Thursday.

I agree with your statment that if it *was* in the cloud tops it wouldn't be an issue. How is it that it disappers so frequently then if it's not?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If it was an UFO NASA never would have said anything about it to the news agencies so we have to think it's just space garbage.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
questions...
could this be a shadow of the shuttle on the clouds?

is the female space tourist on this shuttle, or the russian one?
could the presence of a space tourist in that part of space preclude a coverup of a true UFO?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I am watching CNN right now and they have just said that a second object has been spoted out the window by the astronauts. They seemed to take snapshots with their cameras. The pics will probably be shown on the news.

And as for the first object being small, now one knows for sure. They are going to inhance the image to see what could it possibly be.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by Cabanman]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfinguru
I agree with your statment that if it *was* in the cloud tops it wouldn't be an issue. How is it that it disappers so frequently then if it's not?

Surf-I watched the video of the object on the Nasa station. Even on the voice over the narrator says the object passes through the clouds then reappears. They are now saying that they noticed the object moving away from the shuttle, so at some point did the object stop and begin the same flight path as the shuttle? On the video it is definitely on the same course. Hmmmmm.....

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Yelp I heard it on Cnn also a second object. What the heck is going on.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
www.collectspace.com... is reporting to have previously unreleased pictures of a second "unknown object".

collectspace.com...

[edit on 19-9-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hmmm that "new" photo looks pretty darn clear. Ie fake. Its just too good a quality don't you think?

If it's real... geeze.. I guess the weird blurryness caused by camera, not the object?

Of course, it was the Moderator who posted it, so that lends some credibility to the photos...

collectspace.com...

[edit on 19-9-2006 by TheyAreNotWhoTheySayTheyR]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Wow, the plot really thickens now doesn't it? Doubt we'll ever know the extent of the reality of what's going on up there. Wonder what the astronauts are thinking right now?!?

[edit on 9/19/06 by surfinguru]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Those are really great photos. Looks like an illuminated Jellyfish.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Maybe some amateur astronomer could take a look through their telescope at these things the next time the shuttle is orbiting over their area. They might be able to view whatever is up there and give us an "unedited" report.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfinguru
Wow, the plot really thickens now doesn't it? Doubt we'll ever know the extent of the reality of what's going on up there. Wonder what the astronauts are thinking right now?!?

[edit on 9/19/06 by surfinguru]

I believe they are sleeping right now,so the commentery said before.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by corsig
If it was an UFO NASA never would have said anything about it to the news agencies so we have to think it's just space garbage.

Well... Could it be that they think that it's time fore disclosure???
Now especially with the second one being there??

Nahhh It's space debris.. Nothing to see here people. I sure hope it's not a part of the shuttle though.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Those photos make it rather clear that the objects are neither a bolt nor a scoutship.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
www.collectspace.com... is reporting to have previously unreleased pictures of a second "unknown object".

collectspace.com...

[edit on 19-9-2006 by lost_shaman]

Holy COW!! If those pics are real, how can they be thinking it's DEBRIS?? Did a translucent jellyfish like thingy drop off the spaceshuttle? Are they serious??

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
There are many more things in space besides debris and flying saucers. The possibilities are limitless.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
I just hope it is not part of the shuttle that came loose. That would be very bad news for the astronauts.

very true, in the rush to make this a UFO story, lets think about the people who may be in danger for at least a nano second

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm waiting to see if anything happens after the Iranian Pres. speaks at the U.N.

The next few days should be interesting don't you think?

I thought that it is quite amazing that today of all days with everything going on at the U.N. this would also occur.

Waiting to see the new pictures. I haven't seen them yet I wonder what's up?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join