It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: NASA tracking object near shuttle!

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Wow, I completely missed this event due to the fact that I was in between internet connections and working at the same time.

The astronaut in one of the videos described one of the objects as a 'metallic piece of cloth' and stated that they were taking pictures of it with the '400'.

Here's one of those pictures. Mindblowing if real.

video.google.co.uk...

Edit: Here's some pics:

[edit on 28-9-2006 by Drexon]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
In the panel press interview, I recall a NASA spokesperson saying that they'd be following up to identify these objects post-landing. So...it's been a while now...

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
What in the hell is that?!

Look like a jelly fish in the sky. It's something unlike anything I've ever seen before. This is really interesting, excellent find!

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It does look wierd. Anyway, what's with the 'tag' that's on this thread? " shut junk rings foil plastic bag nasa"?? I can't find any more info on this, is it true? Source?

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Nono, not THAT Tom Jones, the astronaut aboard Atlantis. When the "debris" topic was brought up, Tom repeated the concern about the heatshield and everything seemed to be intact. The interviewer however called the 5 unidentified objects "junk" four times throughout the interview. Why? During the event they were willing to call them UFO's "floating" and "circulating" with the shuttle which were "bigger than a satellite". By all intents and purposes, they are still UFO's if they cannot say what this "junk" is.

Interview with Ken Calvert (Republican), congress representative basically reiterated that spending on the space program is part of the pioneering spirit of humanity. Hmm...doesn't sound like a financial conservative's typical move, to place a bet on dreams. I really like the idea of the space program, just doesn't fit the model of "saving money".

Interview with Pierre Thout, former astronaut. Says unlikely to be off a satellite and likely to be off the shuttle...but no parts were missing. Hmmm... He also said there's a big fine for losing parts in space. The interviewer though says there's thousands of things floating around in space. I'm afraid he's right...but we usually call them "stars". Or, is there suggestion that NASA has dumped thousands of things in space? They treat space as a 0 gravity environment. It...is...not. There's this big floating ball called "earth" that tends to pull things towards it and burns it up in the atmosphere. I'm glad it's warm outside because I'm feeling hosed.

I'm planning on putting up some "shimstock" and a "space bag" up on e-bay. I know it looks like tinfoil and a ziplock baggie but rest assured, these are replicas of the objects that have a natural orbit around our globe. Happy bidding!

[edit on 3-10-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You noticed how not a word has been mentioned since the shuttle landed.

Do we think they are really investigating this?

They know we have short SHORT attention spans. Every thing is so fluid now a days and we know how expert they are on ignoring.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
You noticed how not a word has been mentioned since the shuttle landed.

YES! I'm glad Fox did do some follow-up, but I question their position and assumptions. I really like Fox news, but I think they're being told things that we don't know.

Do we think they are really investigating this?

Nope. I think NASA knows and is not talking. Or, if they don't know are content not knowing (which would be really hard to accept by scientists as well as the rest of the public).

They know we have short SHORT attention spans. Every thing is so fluid now a days and we know how expert they are on ignoring.

I think we need to challenge the follow-up they'd stated they would do. "Home movies" from Atlantis don't cut it for detailed analysis...and they should know that if they don't already.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
A person of authority in the CIA told me that the news networks do not know what is going on in the world and never will. I was told directly not to watch television news nor read newspapers as they are a waste of time. From a big-enough-wig.

I was told that the reporters are too dumb and uninquisitive to ask the right questions and so forth, and that when somethingdoes come up, they have the plants in place to control the media as necessary.

You can take that to the bank.

The FOX news interview will not contain anything of use to us. Nor will any interview with any other media outlet.

You will get religeous and political spin fed to you for hours a day by any news network, at no cost to you but your intellectual freedom. So enjoy.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
A person of authority in the CIA told me that the news networks do not know what is going on in the world and never will. I was told directly not to watch television news nor read newspapers as they are a waste of time. From a big-enough-wig.

Hold up. I would not even know (nor would I venture to stay the vast majority of ATS folks either) about Atlantis even launching, let alone its activities in space if it were not for the news. I don't think ignoring what's going on is denying ignorance in any way.

I was told that the reporters are too dumb and uninquisitive to ask the right questions and so forth,

I've heard some good questions, but certainly not enough and Fox News seem to easily(?) accept whatever NASA wants to feed them. I'm not sure what the motivation is behind the cowering but I know that when the public has pressed the news, the news has pressed for answers. They're a reactionary group, not a proactive group. The only proactive group (when it comes to government) is the voting public.

and that when somethingdoes come up, they have the plants in place to control the media as necessary.

You can take that to the bank.

I don't doubt it, but it does not mean we should find it acceptable.

The FOX news interview will not contain anything of use to us. Nor will any interview with any other media outlet.

Disagree per first response in this post.

You will get religeous and political spin fed to you for hours a day by any news network, at no cost to you but your intellectual freedom. So enjoy.

No doubt, but ultimately we get to decide whether what we're being fed is either a gem or a brick. As it sets right now, this issue looks like a brick. Bull is bull whether dressed as an elephant or a donkey.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Hold up. I would not even know (nor would I venture to stay the vast majority of ATS folks either) about Atlantis even launching, let alone its activities in space if it were not for the news. I don't think ignoring what's going on is denying ignorance in any way.

That is correct. The traditional conduit to information of value to us is also the one that is immune to important truths. I have no solution for you, other than to reiterate that I was told I would be better off ignoring news programs. I was probably told this because, I speculate, the 'whys' insinuated by the mass media whenever they present world events are incorrect and thus contaminate our reasoning.

I agree that it is wrong. But it is acceptable to our government. So in order to get voters to proactively respond, we would have to convince 1/2 of 250 million Americans to stop being well fed and content and to start caring about the democractic values of our Republic as they relate to policy. We can't even get people to take responsibility for their own actions anymore. How are we going to make people care if they get the real truth or not? THey just want to feel good, whatever the cost.

In the end, your position is the may be the most practical. I just wanted to warn people of where the media really stands.

Originallyposted by saint4God

Disagree per first response in this post.

I understand what you are saying. Personally, I believe that we may tell ourselves that we can succesfully filter all of that out. But if that were really the case, I believe advertising would not generate as much revenue as it does.

I've seen the media manipulate my father over the years. Its enough to make me cry. And I am sure it has done the same to me.

Originally posted by saint4God

No doubt, but ultimately we get to decide whether what we're being fed is either a gem or a brick. As it sets right now, this issue looks like a brick. Bull is bull whether dressed as an elephant or a donkey.

Yet advertising works. In my opinion., we are not the expert filters we believe ourselves to be. That is my opinion. I understand if you disagree.

I don't mean to drag this off topic, I just thought that a lot of viewers of this thread are probably not aware of where the news media stands on the world stage. And what the people who do NIE assessments think of the media.

As for me, hypocrtically enough, back to watching the news and trying to filter out the bull... But I really shouldn't. Its more improtant to travel, talk to people, and read and write. Anything less and we are metpahorically psychorobotic slaves. No good solutions exist other than personal discovery and a desire to share information.

[edit on 3-10-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

[edit on 3-10-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Thanks for the photos on that!! I heard about this from a friend of mine who said turn on the TV man! something is keeping the shuttle from landing..
Im like.. well, Im not going to find the truth out by watching TV.. So I wait, and wait a few more days, come on here to find you all digging deep for the truth!
Thanks for all this work into this.. After looking at the pictures, Im at a lose for words.. Im no one specail here.. I dont know what that is.. Nor do I want to say what I think it is cause it doesnt matter what I think personally.. Im just sitting here waiting to feed my brain more about this subject...

If anything I will say this... Im appauled that we send trash into space...
Its very well thats what this is.. space junk... and it makes me sick to know that we as a people will junk up our own planet, and now we are junking up outerspace.. Good thing the universe is so big!!! yet the point is that it is wrong to put our trash in outerspace!!! When is it going to end?? I mean after all this time wouldnt you think we would have come up with a way to use our trash in a more postive way?? like fuel, or something???

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Thanks for your response Ectoterrestrial, I think it was very thoughtful and well put-together. I'm not able to agree as I don't have other sources to go to for news, such as a family member in the CIA. I would like to get your take or rather your relative's take on this incident as well as any others you'd care to share. Then, not only do I have the news, I'd also have shared this inside source. Certainly if a person gets shot down the street and my uncle was the policeman at the scene then surely I'd go to him first. Otherwise, without the news I hear no news. Always open for suggestions.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
One reporter on Fox news said one time that the station was censored and I was floored. I thought this man will be looking for a new job real fast.

Well, it was like it was never said, completely ignored.

I think most of them know what they can get away with and what they can't. Remember most live there life by the amount of money they have and I believe the ones we see make a good salary. I don't think they are willing to give up everything they worked for all there life to give us some news that would end there good fortunes.

As far as the mystery objects I can't believe people would fall for it was a baggie. But hey we are still using swamp gas, balloons and meteors.

Please don't get me wrong, I do believe there are workers at NASA that go also by what they are told and I believe this also goes for men and women in our government, but the people at the top/NASA know and the top at Norad.

THIS WILL PASS JUST AS EVERYTHING DOES.

We know they monitor the net carefully. Maybe we all need to get this all over the WWW that we want to know the truth.

Our taxes pay for this we have every right to know.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
What bug's my mind on this is:

1.They are seeing this things for many other times(as we can see in other older footages), why exactly now to talk in a public way about this ?!

2.NASA do not have the normal behaviour to tell public about UFOS...so what's diferent on this ones?

3. "It's just some kind of space trash"!...so...why they bother to inform the public about this?!!

4. Why they was avoiding direct questions on the TV?!??

5. maybe i had missed but, who was the first font to bring this to public?!

many things in this story are in deed weird at the least.

[edit on 4-10-2006 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbra Sideralis
What bug's my mind on this is:

1.They are seeing this things for many other times(as we can see in other older footages), why exactly now to talk in a public way about this ?!

Here's my take on it.- I believe because this mission (whatever the F*** they spend so much time and money doing up there is beyond me) was so heavily in the publics eye and on tv live etc that they got caught out (many people reported seeing "objects") and had to rather lamely to cover their tracks ("uh, it's a plastic bag near the shuttle")

[edit on 4-10-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Yes Xeros, that can be evenctualy the explanation...but i realy feel that's too many things on this story that looks too weird. even if was that the problem...why mantaining this story so much time!?,,, they easly could had told us at the beggining it was a plastic bag/debris , or lots of it, and end all the drama. i don't know...all the situation is bizarre at the least.

[edit on 4-10-2006 by Umbra Sideralis]*correcting errors

[edit on 4-10-2006 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
One of the sad things about this, is the way the buzz and excitement of the incident, has been largely forgotten in the ensuing months. We had another thread here, where we had a new member called 'Space Guy' arrive on the scene and he told us he was from Nasa and effectively diffused the situation here on ATS, which was a rapidly gathering horde of curious readers. He did it, not by replying to this thread, but on the other thread, the UK Alien Buff member eventually admitted he was just fooling with us, and I can't help but feel the whole thing was a diversion to get this "Breaking News" headline off the ATS main page as fast as they can. If you recall, there were two threads covering the Space Shuttle Atlantis UFOs - this thread and the UK Alien Buff one; and the last one arrived on the scene a couple of days after the main thread - BOTH threads hit the ATS main headlines on the front page under "HOT threads". The UK Alien Buff thread soon came unstuck - the OP was exposed as a bored little kid and Space Guy meanwhile assured us that we had nothing to worry our pretty little heads about.

The end result was, that, both threads soon sunk down off the radar. Sporadic replies. The buzz of interest died down, thread and incident vanishes without trace. I noticed this happened not long after Space Guy said his piece on the other thread. He has since, never returned to participate in ATS ever again, and only ever replied on the UK Alien Buff thread. In other words, Nasa won.

I guess we are sheep after all. I'm as guilty as anyone. I was quick to say "well thank you Space Guy for your explanation, forgive me for doubting your intentions etc". I wish I had the cahones to stick to my guns and not let him get away so lightly. I think he did enough damage to steer us away, divert attention and control the wildfire at the time.

For I remember, this thread was HOT. Most of us were pretty convinced there was definitely something out there with its own intelligence and not affiliated with the Shuttle in any way. The triangular formation was plain creepy. Zooming in, we saw the exact same crafts as in the famous Tether film. And now, people have forgotten. The big one got away yet again.

[edit on 4-11-2006 by RiotComing]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I agree with you.

People have short attention spans. For example just look here at ATS how fast it goes from one thread to another. It seems unique anymore to have long threads.

This is exactly what NASA looks for, they know how we are.

Did any of us stand together and YELL, no..................

Many of us know this was big news but we are dealing with people that know how to work us.

Wake up sheeple.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Even if it WAS something.. What more can anyone do?

It was talked to death here, and even if we started an ALWC (Angry Letter Writing Campaign), people that think it would change anything are daft at BEST. We don't even VOTE for who we want in charge of NASA, and they certainly dont have to answer to US.

People always assume NASA is scared of a bunch of net geeks, but they really don't answer to this very small minority. They gave a hypothesis that sat well with the vast majority and was done with it. They don't have to convince us at ATS of anything, they have to convince those that dont suspect NASA of any wrong doing.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hank in case you haven't heard it is we the American TAX PAYER that pays for NASA.

We have every right to know and as far as I am concerned we are not getting the bang for our buck.

If it can be proved they have lied to us they are in the three D's.... deep donkey dung.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37 >>

join