It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: NASA tracking object near shuttle!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I saw that ring, it was on the left side of the screen...I assumed it was a reflection because it seemed to move with the camera. It did however look like a red 'polomint'.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
That was the red ring I saw also.
Think it was something added to the feed to highlight a certain area.
Dont think it was anything "suspicious"

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It's there agin now......they showing the same video from hours ago. I'll bet you see the objects to again

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
damn, that seems to be cpu costy and i cant spare that.
if anyone got a free linux box here's the tool:
nbenoit.tuxfamily.org...
it'd be cool to throw a bash script together to split those into 30mins segments and throw out to a http dir.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
On NASA feed now live... talking to the astronaut who saw the object.
Says it was like a clip that would hold a picture on the wall??? Moving very quickly at 1-2 feet per second velocity.
Guess the camera he used had a good zoom on it??

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
did someone see the objects again??

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Yeah and they're switching the cameras back and forth pretty quickly.

[edit on 20-9-2006 by krif]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Viewing the latest scan with the camera live from NASA, the "red ring" appeared again and then changed into many other rings... it was obviously a camera anonomoly when the light hit the lens. Really do not think this is anything but a camera defect.
Did anyone else notice this too ?

link   
Someone in this thread earlier mentioned something about a "Brown Disc" if its part of the shuttle i dont know but i just saw it right now and it seemed to be very close and big and moving slowly past the camera

link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
someone tell me how to capture these images for the next time i see something interesting... copy and pasting into paint isn't working for me.

Here's a screen capture tool that is easy to use.

When I press print screen then open paint and click edit/paste the screen image appears too, but the above program works really well too so far.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Despite those lens flares there was a white ring that summoned out of thin space and rotated at a different place, not moving with the camera, then they switched the camera

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Yeah I saw that too Simon. Like you said, obviously just light playing on the camera lens.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
thanks for all the photo capturing links
I'll download one later when I can.

in the meantime, hope you guys can capture any thing else interesting that pops up.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Here's something I found while googling for other incidents like this.Maybe it can help explain the "saucer" like object that appeared.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
When I turned on my TVU program and was watching the NASA channel a minute ago I saw that brown thing moving under the shuttle. It was very big and very close. I could not see any certain shape to it and cant say what it was or might have been. Could have been something known like a part of the ISS or something.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
i just found something interesting with the faststone capture tool i linked to above. When the program is open it is just a little box floating in the corner ready to use, but if you press printscreen on your keyboard while that program is running it automatically captures the screen and opens the image and gives you the option to save it or discard it. So that could save time if you want to capture something instantly

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by probedbygrays

Originally posted by worldwatcher
someone tell me how to capture these images for the next time i see something interesting... copy and pasting into paint isn't working for me.

Here's a screen capture tool that is easy to use.

When I press print screen then open paint and click edit/paste the screen image appears too, but the above program works really well too so far.

What is that exactly used for? And what are you useing it to capture?

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Yeah thanks for that link probed. That program was small,easy to set up,and pretty convienient.If you guys haven't tried it,give it a shot.Maybe we can get some more caps to pick apart,and discuss.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
That program mentioned above dosent capture the feed from the NASA site.
Try saving out a screenshot and where the feed is, its just a black box.
Handy program none the less, but dosent work in this instance.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
mms://uklwmod024.ukl.bcst.yahoo.com/bcenc202230?StreamID=0
seems to be a higher resolution stream.
if you play with that number (bcenc202230) you can end up on abc and maybe some other channels. that's funny.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join