It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is there so much hatred towards jews?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Personally, I blame the Amish.

rightfully so! freakin amish with their no modern luxuries and their horses and beards. They're practically islamic fundamentalists.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by yeahright

Personally, I blame the Amish.

rightfully so! freakin amish with their no modern luxuries and their horses and beards. They're practically islamic fundamentalists.

How did you figure that the amish are practically islamic fundamentalists?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   

marcopolo,

(I can't figure out how to quote a small portion of what you wrote) but what I'd like to respond to is where you stated Jews as a whole, that means anyone who is a follower of Judaism.

*Not all "Jews" are followers of Judaism, there has been a conversion going on for many years now and there is Messianic Judaism or Reform Judaism etc.. There are Jewish people who have longed since converged into Christianity or perhaps moved away from religion all together. There are Jewish people still waiting for the Messiah and those who are waiting for His second return. There are poor Jewish people and wealthy. There are people who are confused about the term Jewish faith, and this is expected because in our time, the faith itself can be vastly different than that of the Torah alone. I personally do not know of a mass hatred for Jewish people

"Messianic Judaism" or "Reform Judaism" it is still really "Judaism" in all honesty then isnt it?

"There are Jewish people who have longed since converged into Christianity or perhaps moved away from religion all together."

Okay cool I realise that its the same with every religion their will be people brought into a traditionally (for-talkings-sake) "Jewish" family who will probably have their child brought up in the "manner" of a "typical Jewish" follower. When they are older they may make a choice not to follow any "religion" because they believe it is just bull.

"I personally do not know of a mass hatred for Jewish people"

I personally have never experienced/witnessed it. Though it doesnt mean in some places its not true because I firmly believe it is.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
after thinking about it, and taking seriouse the fact the jewish is a religion not a nationality, I promise to pay more attention to how i use the word jew. However, john stewart called himself and his people jews, and why not? maybe im having a brain fart but how do you pluralise jewish without refrasing a whole sentance?

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
you seem to be enjoying this, without even trying to put any logic into it. your are exploiting the term jew to mean ever jew including you. that is not the case. I dont know you, so if im wrong i apologize, however, your are just as unimportant as myself. What do you contribute to zionism? probably nothing, you are likely not in a position of influence, and you were probably not born into a family that thought that that was important.

If this was the early 40's you would have definatly been put into a camp, and cleansed from the jewish. Killing you probably wouldn't have done anything to stop the jewish menace, but you are jewish so you gotta go. the trouble i have with the holocaust is not a single rothschild was brought into those camps, except one woman that was married into the family, but was not in the bloodline.

So if Hilter was truely out to get rid of the jewish menace, then why didn't he go after the big boys, why did he only kill the little jews that had nothing to do with the menace?

I will not be affraid to persicute anybody when it is neccessary, but not you. a lot of people died in ww2 and not even close to 10% were jewish, yet im still taught to feel sorry for them. Not in this life.

by the way, there was a article in my local paper, siblings that thought eachother dead during the holocaust, have found eachother, infact through a database (cant recall which one) they were able to locate all but one of their family that were thought dead. some have died since the war, but not from death camps. If anyone is interested in the name of database, PM me and i will see if i can look it up. It was a few days ago in 'the province' news paper (british columbia,canada).

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by marcopolo

marcopolo,

(I can't figure out how to quote a small portion of what you wrote) but what I'd like to respond to is where you stated Jews as a whole, that means anyone who is a follower of Judaism.

*Not all "Jews" are followers of Judaism, there has been a conversion going on for many years now and there is Messianic Judaism or Reform Judaism etc.. There are Jewish people who have longed since converged into Christianity or perhaps moved away from religion all together. There are Jewish people still waiting for the Messiah and those who are waiting for His second return. There are poor Jewish people and wealthy. There are people who are confused about the term Jewish faith, and this is expected because in our time, the faith itself can be vastly different than that of the Torah alone. I personally do not know of a mass hatred for Jewish people

"Messianic Judaism" or "Reform Judaism" it is still really "Judaism" in all honesty then isnt it?

"There are Jewish people who have longed since converged into Christianity or perhaps moved away from religion all together."

Okay cool I realise that its the same with every religion their will be people brought into a traditionally (for-talkings-sake) "Jewish" family who will probably have their child brought up in the "manner" of a "typical Jewish" follower. When they are older they may make a choice not to follow any "religion" because they believe it is just bull.

"I personally do not know of a mass hatred for Jewish people"

I personally have never experienced/witnessed it. Though it doesnt mean in some places its not true because I firmly believe it is.

Thanks for your comments and thoughts, I enjoy reading them.

The only difference is that the Messianic religion teaches/preaches that Yeshua is/was the "coming one" or The Messiah and Judaism does not. In my opinion, that's a significant difference!

Neither you or I have witnessed hatred towards Jewish people and that we agree upon, but the person who wrote this topic thinks differently so I'm still trying to get the answer as to why this ATS member thinks this, so we might be able to better offer an answer and possibly even a solution!

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose
after thinking about it, and taking seriouse the fact the jewish is a religion not a nationality, I promise to pay more attention to how i use the word jew. However, john stewart called himself and his people jews, and why not? maybe im having a brain fart but how do you pluralise jewish without refrasing a whole sentance?

John Stewert is a smart ass and I'm not at all surprised that he would say this. It's nice to have the facts, so you can educate others though

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm not really sure what it is that you are trying to tell me Tom. Well, I did understand the part about me being sent to the camp, which would have been true if I Was living in nazi occupied territories and my family didn't have the money to flee. Although, being a Rothschild might have saved me. I'll have to bring that up the next time we get together for our quarterly world domination status report.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarpStrings

Neither you or I have witnessed hatred towards Jewish people and that we agree upon, but the person who wrote this topic thinks differently so I'm still trying to get the answer as to why this ATS member thinks this, so we might be able to better offer an answer and possibly even a solution!

Well the reason I wrote this topic is not because I have noticed mass hatred towards Jews but have experienced throughout life either people slurring Jews mostly on TV whether it be as a joke or serious or people feeling sorry for them because of the Holocaust.

I thought it would be interesting to get the opinions of others on the subject because I do not Know much about the Holocaust and the history of the Jewish people apart from all the obvious documentry stuff.

these events took place around 40 years before I was born and a good 50 odd years before I would have a good understanding of the goings on.

bottom line reason for starting this is basically all I know about the Jewish people are the stereotypical views projected by society. I dont really want to list the stereotypes as its not nice

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by g60kg

Originally posted by HarpStrings

I thought it would be interesting to get the opinions of others on the subject because I do not Know much about the Holocaust and the history of the Jewish people apart from all the obvious documentry stuff.

encarta.msn.com...

Found this site online and thought it was informative and written well.

I think there is a lot of animosity toward the Jewish people simply because people might not know or understand history, people tend to read and hear things here and there and believe those things to be fact without researching-I've done this myself. Laziness? Ignorance? A bit of both maybe. But the best way to know why someone hates another is to get into the haters mind-in other words, get to the source of the hate.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   
understanding the hate, thats exactly what I wanted to do I just thought this would be a fun and more 'real' way of doing it rather than reading a book

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   
personally i dont have any feelings either way regarding jews in general but if you want some quick reasons...who's behind much of histories banking conspiracies? Where does much influence behind the scenes emanate from? Why is it that a peoples who have suffered such persecution in their own past feel its still ok to basically use palestine and palestinians as their slaves? Who only last week was talking about going it alone and using tactical nukes on Iran? I honestly feel although generalizations and stereotypes are largely USED in ignorance...they are still FOUNDED sometimes in some truth.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
the banking conspiracy stories all date back to the origins of the church and the need for someone else to handle the vatican money. The vatican let the jews handle the money and, therefore, they became hated for collecting the money due to the church.

Israelis don't use Palestinians as slaves. That's pure nonsense.

If all stereotypes are founded in some form of truth, is it fair to assume that all muslims are terrorists? all priests are pedophiles?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   

If all stereotypes are founded in some form of truth, is it fair to assume that all muslims are terrorists? all priests are pedophiles?

and all Germans are nazis?

I agree totally Crakeur. It's not uncommon-or atleast so I've noticed-for people to fall into the stereotypical trap of believing that all "Jews" are this way or that way without even bothering to do a little research or reading.

I'll give you all an example: I had dinner guests over one evening and out of the blue, the female made a racists comment in reference to "Jews." I politely said to her that my grandfather is a Rabbi so on behalf of him, I take offense to what you've just said. She apologized and said "I didn't know you were Jewish!" We talked about this at length and I am satisfied that she now has a different perspetive of the Jewish Faith and Nation/Race

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
what gets me is that so many people seem to buy into the jewish stereotypes and so many people seem to claim some kind of innocent ignorance when they things like all jews run the media and the banks and they are all money hoarders and then they get offended when you say anything. It reminds me of that old Church of Latter Day Saints commercial that used to play during saturday morning kids shows.

Grandpa and Billy (or maybe Jimmy) fishing in a row boat on a lake. Little Billy says "Grandpa, Timmy says I'm prejudiced" and Grandpa says "who's Timmy?"

Little Billy says "Timmy's my jewish friend" to which grandpa replies "well, Billy, you are prejudiced" and then he goes on to explain that labelling the kid "my jewish friend" makes him prejudiced.

Broad stroked labels for a group of people are wrong. Positive or negative. They are wrong.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   

what gets me is that so many people seem to buy into the jewish stereotypes and so many people seem to claim some kind of innocent ignorance when they things like all jews run the media and the banks and they are all money hoarders and then they get offended when you say anything. It reminds me of that old Church of Latter Day Saints commercial that used to play during saturday morning kids shows.

Grandpa and Billy (or maybe Jimmy) fishing in a row boat on a lake. Little Billy says "Grandpa, Timmy says I'm prejudiced" and Grandpa says "who's Timmy?"

Little Billy says "Timmy's my jewish friend" to which grandpa replies "well, Billy, you are prejudiced" and then he goes on to explain that labelling the kid "my jewish friend" makes him prejudiced.

Broad stroked labels for a group of people are wrong. Positive or negative. They are wrong.

Im not saying this is so, but what do you do when a certain group (they grouped themselves) issolates itself from all other groups, and in order to become part of this group, you have to be born into it, you cannot join.

would you still say that it is unfair to lable groups of people, or would it be smarter to say that it is unfair to belong to a group of people?

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose

Im not saying this is so, but what do you do when a certain group (they grouped themselves) issolates itself from all other groups, and in order to become part of this group, you have to be born into it, you cannot join.

would you still say that it is unfair to lable groups of people, or would it be smarter to say that it is unfair to belong to a group of people?

thats interesting can you not convert to become Jewish ? or is that not allowed

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
first, let me say that the cantor at my temple is a converted jew. she's an asian woman who converted at some point years ago.

that said, you don't need to hate a group because you aren't a member of said group. I'm not black. No matter how much time I spend under the sun, I will never be black. I don't hate black people because they are darker than me.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by g60kg
thats interesting can you not convert to become Jewish ? or is that not allowed

Well, the Catholics frown upon it.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
catholics frown on a lot of things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join