It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is there so much hatred towards jews?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I do not hate the Jewish people. I think most of the countries in that region detest Israel because it it civilised, technologically advanced and does not bow down to threats.
If the other nations in that area stopped throwing stones and rioting at every critiscism they perceive is directed at them and started to work for a change, then maybe, just maybe they would have decent economies and wouldn't have to rely on international handouts all the time.
Look at the riots that ensued when the EU stopped the subsidies a month ago, payments made up of some of MY taxes.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by HarpStrings
And also, "Jew" is equivalent to regarding a "black" person a "'n-word'"-just thought you might like to know this if by chance you ever speak face to face or via the net with one.

um, no it isn't. kike, hebe or some other term, maybe. not jew.

In this particular topic the term "Jew" is clearly offensive. It would be similar to someone starting a topic such as: "why is there so much hatred towards whites" This is for one, far too broad and vague at the same time. How can anyone here answer the question properly without knowing exactly "who" the question is referring to? So is the topic about the people of the religious faith Judaism or the people spoken of Biblically or the Nation itself??? I am sincere in my line of questioning and I think this would help considerably with a more appropriate response/answer.

(For the record, I am of the Israeli Lineage)

[edit on 21-9-2006 by HarpStrings]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   

In this particular topic the term "Jew" is clearly offensive. It would be similar to someone starting a topic such as: "why is there so much hatred towards whites" This is for one, far too broad and vague at the same time. How can anyone here answer the question properly without knowing exactly "who" the question is referring to? So is the topic about the people of the religious faith Judaism or the people spoken of Biblically or the Nation itself??? I am sincere in my line of questioning and I think this would help considerably with a more appropriate response/answer.

In all honestly I believe the person who started the thread was not trying to be ignorant or cheeky in any way,he was trying to make a point and find an answer, and I think he was talking about "Jews" as a whole, this basically means anyone who is a follower of Judaism, not the "nation itself" or people "spoken of Biblically" you mean by "nation itself Israel dont you (correct me if I am wrong), but it is a stereotypical view that I can understand, I dont agree with but understand

I do not know any Jews that are openly "Jewish" anyway on a personal level.
I wouldnt label someone who is Jewish either, I would talk & treat him the same way I would any other person be them Hindu,Catholic,Muslim,Protestant,Buddhist,Sikh or any other "kind" for that matter.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarpStrings

I don't believe the preson that stated this thread was trying to be offensive in any way. I think he see something happening in the world, the Jews being hated and honestly wants to know why it is happening.

(For the record, I love the Gods chosen people)

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
How come we don't simply remove the palestinians?

I want my slice dammit.

You have already taken their land what else do you want?

[edit on 22-9-2006 by theTRUTHtheWAY]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Sun Matrix and marcopolo: I agree with you both that the person who began this topic was not intending to be offensive and perhaps I, myslf, was not all that clear in my response, both times. I'd like to add a valid response however not knowing what "Jews" the topic is referring to, it's hard for me to do this. If I walked into a room with say, 4 tables and at two of the tables sat a group of "Jews" and I said, "I hate those "Jews" well one might want to know which Jews I was talking about and then we'd be able to get to the real question of "why."

Thanks for the comments though, it's nice to know there is concern for others

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

In this particular topic the term "Jew" is clearly offensive.

Ok I am the one responsible for this thread I do not understand why you would find this offensive, my understanding of a Jew is a person who religion is Judaism, regardless of what country they are from, be it Israel or Italy.

here are some example questions that are as inoffensive as the current

1, why is there so much hatred towards Muslims
2, why is there so much hatred towards Christians
3, why is there so much hatred towards Sikhs
4, why is there so much hatred towards Budhists
5, why is there so much hatred towards Hindus

just stop feeling sorry for yourself

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
(I can't figure out how to quote a small portion of what you wrote) but what I'd like to respond to is where you stated Jews as a whole, that means anyone who is a follower of Judaism.

*Not all "Jews" are followers of Judaism, there has been a conversion going on for many years now and there is Messianic Judaism or Reform Judaism etc.. There are Jewish people who have longed since converged into Christianity or perhaps moved away from religion all together. There are Jewish people still waiting for the Messiah and those who are waiting for His second return. There are poor Jewish people and wealthy. There are people who are confused about the term Jewish faith, and this is expected because in our time, the faith itself can be vastly different than that of the Torah alone. I personally do not know of a mass hatred for Jewish people

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Now Im confused I thought being Jewish meant that your religion is Judaism

as for the quoting you click on the 'quote' tab on the right of the post you want to quote and then you can manipulate the test to be quoted

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by g60kg
Hi all I was born a Sikh but I am not particularly religious. what I want to know why does everyone hate jews. why are there so many slurrs towards jewish people how did it all begin? and why do muslims even in england hate jews so much is it because of Israel etc...

It just wasn't clear g60kg. Judaism is the religion, not the race.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I know Judaism is the religion. there is no race called Jew is there?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Don't worry, it is easy easy to be confused. Like I said earlier, especially being that there is so much conversion. I attend a Christian orginization with Hebrew people, Arabic people, African people..the list goes on and on. And yes, there is some animosity toward the Judaic belief system and it is sometimes assumed that a Jewish person is a follower of Judaism because of there lineage.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
so what is a Jewish person?? is that person not a follow of Judaism?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I know Judaism is the religion. there is no race called Jew is there?

I apologize. Think of it like this. I walk into Home Depot and ask for purple paint, well there are tons of shades of purple and the store clerk would want to know more details in order to assist me properly. Same thing here, there are many shades of the term Jew. I don't mean to get this topic off track and I'd like to know who do you feel is so hated and what brought you to this conclusion so I can assist you in having your question answered

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...:Who_is_a_Jew%3F#Jews_as_Nation

Just scan over this web page and you'll understand why the term Jew can get really complicated. I had no idea of some of the debates going on over who is considered Jewish and who isn't etc etc etc..good grief.

All I can say is that I don't like the term Jew used so loosely perhaps because the real meaning of Jew was lost over a period of time and just by reading a bit of the site I provided well that is an understatement. Maybe the answer to your question is that Jewish heritage people aren't hated, but the label is. In other words, greedy money hungry lawyers are often termed "Jew" but that is not to say they are Jewish. Does this help or make things worse? Maybe we should discuss something less complicated like water
of wait, even that's complicated now a days lol!

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Perhaps people are jealous that they are not the ones in control? Still, even IF we Jews control the media, and thereby the entire world, how does it affect you?

The way I see it, Jews ARE responsible for the state of the media, but they don't have a hand in what gets broadcasted. Abrahamic religions shaped our society, and if you associate Jews with money, then clearly you must associate the media with Jews, since the media broadcast stories that will earn then money. Confused? I'll try to rephrase it:

The media (mainly television) won't announce anything but that which will earn them profit.
Jews have historically (not my opinion, but seems to be a pretty common belief) been drawn to profit.
Therefore, Jews must be behind the media.

A basic logic class will show you that this type of reasoning doesn't prove anything. To believe that an entire ideology is worth hating just because a few of them earn more money than you is preposterous. ALL of the Jews I know, my family included, work hard for their salaries. Maybe it's got something to do with genetics, but just because certain people seem to have more talent than you is no reason to judge them.

People forget that us Jews have problems, too. Not EVERYTHING comes up roses for us ALL the time.

If there ARE only Jews responsible for the entire media, then it's purely coincidental.

A basic statistics class will show you that ASSOCIATION does not imply CAUSATION. A person might be Jewish AND own a production company, but neither one leads to the other.

Basically my argument is that people shouldn't be so jealous of material wealth or political power. To do so would be downright un-Christian, wouldn't it? In the 10 Commandments, which was in fact a Hebrew idea, it tells us not to covet thy neighbor's house. Seriously, you have your own life, and no one is trying to "oppress" you. As long as you're happy with what you do (notice i did NOT say have), then let the baby have his bottle, so to speak. No one can oppress you or make you feel guilty unless you let them, in which case you would only be fueling their power over you. I know this because I know first hand the emotional death-grip a Jewish mother can have. I agree that Jews have played the sympathy card a little too much, but so what? Think back to your middle-school days... the people who cried at the drop of a hat were a bunch of pussies, not YOUR problem. If it's not a result of your actions, then why give in to their pressure?

I saw that someone mentioned the 14.5 million Christians who died in World War II, but really, how many of them were dragged out of their homes and brought to a forced labor camp for torture before being put to death? That statistic is bogus because in all likelihood it refers to the soldiers who died for political reasons, and it certainly doesn't prove the argument either way.

Sorry to be so long-winded but I didn't see this thread until it had became 3 pages long, and I read through each one before responding.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
As far as Israel is concerned, I don't know what to say. The Israelites had their land taken away many years ago by the Muslims who believe it is theirs. Then, in a half-assed effort to apply justice to that AND the Holocaust, the US and British governments divided the land politically through force. Neither side is "right," but using violence to get your way is the most manipulative and uncreative thing a person could ever think of. Both sides need to stop playing the victim, because that kind of thinking only results in a retributive justice system which ends in violence. Tolerance + Cooperation = Peace

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

posted by g60kg

The historic Jewish people of the Torah were Semites. Also known then variously as Israelites and Hebrews. But Semitic people who came from Mesopotamia. By the time of Jesus, 1st century CE, the Jewish people were divided into several groups Pharisees, Sadducees, Zealots, Essenes, and Samaritans. And then add Christians.

It is also true that the Middle Eastern people called Arabs are Semites. So, me, a Nordic Aryan type, blue-eye, blond, I could also be a Jew by conversion to the religion. But my children would not be called “Jews.”

[edit on 9/22/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAmHungry
The way I see it, Jews ARE responsible for the state of the media, but they don't have a hand in what gets broadcasted.

actually, we've been taking turns controlling the media and programming, you should be getting the schedule for next fall. please give 24 plenty air time without long breaks.

Jews have historically (not my opinion, but seems to be a pretty common belief) been drawn to profit.

As opposed to christians who seek out poverty? Logical that we would, in our business dealings, try to make money, not lose it.

People forget that us Jews have problems, too. Not EVERYTHING comes up roses for us ALL the time.

at the last jews for world domination (jowd) meeting we discussed this problem and we think we figured it out. you should be able to read about it in next month's newsletter.

Basically my argument is that people shouldn't be so jealous of material wealth or political power. To do so would be downright un-Christian, wouldn't it?

laying blame for our own shortcomings has been a problem with humanity that will never go away. jealousy helps fuel the problems.

Happy new year.
l'shana tovah

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Everybody needs a scapegoat.

Personally, I blame the Amish.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join