It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cat or dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
If you will have a pal, will you like a cat or dog? why?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Cats all the way

I can't get used to Dog's breath, and they are too active for me. Cats are calm (some of them), cuter, and they are better at keeping themselves clean.

All down to personal preference though I suppose.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Its got to be dogs for me. I've got two weimaraners at the moment but I would like some more, they are my best friends and I don't do anything without them, even as I type this one of them is sleeping across my feet. My Mom always had dogs when I was growing up and Im allergic cats!!

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Dogs. I had both cats and dogs growing up and the dogs were more energetic. The cats always just laid around. At least with a dog you can go running, or toss a ball around in the backyard etc.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I have both.

I LOVE animals, period.

BUT, there is nothing like a dog's love. They are always truely happy to see you, You know you can trust the dog. Can't even say that about most humans. :p

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
gotta be cats for me. I've got four, two of which are tonkinese, often described as part cat, part dog (and part parrot due to their like of shoulder sitting) one of them even plays fetch with me so I've got the best of both worlds!
Dogs are pretty cool too though

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'm definitely a dog guy. I've had German Shepards my whole life. My Dad fell in love with Shepards in the ARMY, and we always had at least 2 highly trained Shepards. They are smart, very loving, and extremely protective of family. Only problem is they almost always get a disease called hip dysplasia. Yes I would go with the dog. I do have a cat that I like very much, but I am not a cat guy.
One good thing though is if you have a Dog and a Cat and the Dog get's hungry in the middle of the night, and you're out of dog food, you don't have to go the store right away. That cat will hold him over until morning.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Cats and Dogs being two different critters; satisfy two different emotional needs in their owners. I love them both but for different reasons; sort of like my human friends if you catch my drift.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I gotta say cats. Our cat is far from laid back. He chases us around and plays all the time. He even waits by the door when he hears our car pull up so he can greet us. And he's just the cutest cat in world!

I like dogs, but they're too hyper for me. And I don't like the idea that you have to find a babysitter for them if you go away for a day or two. I'm past those babysitter days.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Dogs for me, weve always owned working dogs growing up on a cattle station and a national park in the outback. Even now that i live in the city i have a blue heeler, he's a lot of work cause they have endless amounts of energy but the most loyal hard working dogs around imo. Did also have a bull terrier/dalmation cross but she just recently passed away at 16.
I dont mind cats but ive never owned one.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Well, because I like clean animal so I perfer cat rather than dog. Also cat seem to be more quiet, but dog sometimes will gnar without reason in my impression.
Here is my lovely cat. photos taken by mobilephone
I pick up her from street with no master. looks a nomad

[IMG]http://thumb12.webshots.net/t/59/759/2/29/24/2282229240097026652YfOrdB_th.jpg[ /IMG]

[IMG]http://thumb12.webshots.net/t/59/759/2/29/24/2282229240097026652YfOrdB_th.jpg[ /IMG]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
which tastes better?

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I love both cats and dogs have owned both. Now, I really can only have cats though, since I live in an apartment on a high floor and really am too lazy to take a dog out for a walk enough for it to do it's duty. Luckly, cats just naturally know how to use a litter box.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I've owned both.

If outdoors, it's got to be a dog

If indoors, I like cats.

But hate the hair of both as I'm allergic.. So I'm just in a quandry regardless of which way I go..

new topics

top topics

join