It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should religion be banned

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Do you know what the word is .the word used to describe a religion like I described in my last post??

The word used to describe a religion which is not what it appears to be or advertises itself to be. Which is not what it actually appears to the public to be???

The word used to describe a religion like this is "OCCULT."

OCCULT...meaning hidden...concealed..esoteric.

Known only by a chosen few!!

Think long and hard on this.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Some quotes on religion by one of our greatest philosophers of natural law.

"Religion is a subject on which I have ever been most scrupulously reserved. I have considered it as a matter between every man and his Maker in which no other, and far less the public, had a right to intermeddle." --Thomas Jefferson

"I never will, by any word or act, bow to the shrine of intolerance or admit a right of inquiry into the religious opinions of others." --Thomas Jefferson

"Our particular principles of religion are a subject of accountability to God alone. I inquire after no man's, and trouble none with mine." --Thomas Jefferson

"...it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Orange I dont remember being tought politics at 5 years old but I do remember the religeous dogma that was rammed down my throat at school, sunday school and mass every day. Long before I had even seen a black man my religion, family etc. told me that I was superior to him (just one example) and that that my religion was the only true religion. Thats the point I'm making, you take very young impressionable children and fill their heads with fear, hate, discrimination, lies and oh and a bit about faith and being good. All mainstream religions do this and the process happens years before you hear or understand politics. Would it not be better to let children grow and when they are at an age to understand and make choices thats when you can tell them about religion.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I think the tax free status of organized religion should be revoked.

I also think the financial details of all organized religion should be subject to full disclosure and audit.

Organized religion has become big business and it should be held to that same standards as any other business.

This does not necessarily mean that specific donations for food, clothing and relief should be disallowed,
but there should be a proper paper trail to track what goes on with all that money.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Orange I dont remember being tought politics at 5 years old but I do remember the religeous dogma that was rammed down my throat at school, sunday school and mass every day. Long before I had even seen a black man my religion, family etc. told me that I was superior to him (just one example) and that that my religion was the only true religion. Thats the point I'm making, you take very young impressionable children and fill their heads with fear, hate, discrimination, lies and oh and a bit about faith and being good. All mainstream religions do this and the process happens years before you hear or understand politics. Would it not be better to let children grow and when they are at an age to understand and make choices thats when you can tell them about religion.

magicmushroom,

Parents tend to do those things you describe in many cultures. It is up to you to seperate yourselves from those things by Knowlege and Wisdom when you are olde enough to understand and know the difference.

THere is a Biblical Knowlege and Widsom and then there is the wisdom of men. What happens often is that the widsom and knowlege of men is often substituted and inserted in the place of Biblical Wisdom and knowlege......this often without us even being aware of the substitution.
This substitution is exactly what you see in the Olde Testament among the Hebrews ..where their leadership began substituting and inserting Pagan practices as if they were the Law of Moses when they clearly were not. Eventually even many of the Hebrews no longer knew the difference and thought these Pagan practices were part of the Law of Moses.

This is the same pattern of dumbness being practiced on us today...both in and outside of our Churchs. It is up to us to learn the difference and not be ignorant.

What you are describing is textbook as a example of what I am speaking. This is biblically what is called Phariseeism. Mens traditions being substituted for Biblical doctrine.

I say this because no where in the Bible do you ever see the concept of Race being used as it is in politics or the method you describe. It is not there. The Bible refers to race as "running a race or winning a race."
The closest you see the concept you experienced as a child is the term nations. People are refered to as different nations.

Has no preacher or priest ever taught you this???

What this tells me when I see politics dabbeling in this ...race for "votes" is that they are in fact cultivating a racist mindset for the purpose of cultivating votes. A controllable, predictable , malliable, voting block. This to me is obviously Racism on the part of Government and certain politicians. I call this Whoredom..political whoredom. They tie up your hands with thier new morality while they do the thing they tell you not to do.

THis is why you see me proposing the idea that Government is in fact a religion ...in the use or misuse of political partys and the zealousness/devoutness by which they carry out their policys.
THe main question for me is what is the real name of thier religion...since they pass themselves off as non religious...when I know they are no such thing.

No magic mushroom...adults dont often catch it ...just as neither do children. We have alot of adult children running around here. They still think and emote like children and the body politics and many of the churchs in bed with politicians like to cultivate this kind of childlike thinking.

Thanks for your post,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

I think the tax free status of organized religion should be revoked.

I also think the financial details of all organized religion should be subject to full disclosure and audit.

Organized religion has become big business and it should be held to that same standards as any other business.

This does not necessarily mean that specific donations for food, clothing and relief should be disallowed,
but there should be a proper paper trail to track what goes on with all that money.

Revoked is exactly what "Tax immunity" is. Once you have auditing of a church you are no longer in the venue of Seperation of Church and State. The church is now a body of the state at law. This is not seperation. Understand??

When you remove by immunity the ability of people to deduct thier tithing from thier taxes...you now limit the funds to which churchs have access. People should never be able to deduct tithing or giving to the church on their taxes. Two reasons for this. This deduction is a price support for the churchs by virtue of the government...no seperation going on here. Second ..this is not biblical first fruit giving. It is giving for a tax break. Really stupid of people not to realize this...or be taught by schools or Churchs. The God of the Bible requires first fruits...for tiths..not second or third fruits with someone else controlling what or how much is given...or regulating such. This is not Godly Honor or Reverence. It is Government sponsored not Godly. It is the Government privily moving into the religion buisness by tax subsidys.

When you remove the tax deduction ...church coffers drop very quickly. Now they can get back to the buisness of ministering to the flock...not the buisness arrangements of which you speak. I dont agree with this either.
Nothing wrong with church charity but giving for a tax deduction is not exactly charity ..it is a price support on the part of the Government...and the Church together. This is not Seperation. Seperation means seperation. Not seperation ...but.......

Any time you have Government claiming Seperation of Church and State and then regulating the churchs by tax breaks...you dont have Seperation. IN fact eventually you have Government becoming the Religion and you are back to no seperation again. NO difference.....another word for this is Hegel's statement

"The State is God"

You should already know this. It only takes a little thinking to see it through.

Churchs should be tax immune ..not tax exempt. There is a huge difference.

I remind you once again that churchs have gotten rich under the Tax exempt status..not the tax immune status.

YOu will not find churchs who dont give out tax chits at the end of the year..being wealthy. Neither will you find churchs who give out tax chits discussing what I am speaking about here. Neither will the Government. They dont want you to know this information. Deny Ignorance.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Religion itsef shouldn’t be banned persay...but the idea that “our religion is the right one, and the only true path to God”, should be stricken from all religions. THAT’S the mentality that causes wars.

The reason I don’t practice any orgainized faith, is because they ARE ALL SAYING THE SAME THING. “Believe in our God, and you will go to heaven”. The only difference between the religions is their concepts of god, and the rituals of how to worship him.

religions are just cults on a grand scale. cult members kill themselves because they belive they will get on a giant spaceship and fly to heaven. suicide bombers blow themselves up because they belive they will get 12 virgins and go to heaven.

sounds like they are both the same thing to me.....

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spawwwn
Religion itsef shouldn’t be banned persay...but the idea that “our religion is the right one, and the only true path to God”, should be stricken from all religions. THAT’S the mentality that causes wars.

YOu need to take this to the next step.

If you really do a study on religion...going way back you will realized that men have come to power and hijacked many fo the religions for their purposes. They are not in fact practicing the beliefs of the religion they claim to keep.

Also in the last century...if you notice closely..where the death tolls are so horrendous ...the deaths for which so many people grieve...these are obviously more political machinations of men...not religion. Mostly economic reasons...but in our "intelligence" many are wont to put it on religion due to variations of public education.

What I am telling you is that there are often concealed motivations in these wars and leading up to them ...motivations used by the leaders and not made plain to those sujbect to them. The leaders themselves are often not obeying the religion/religions they claim. They too have switched religions ...often in secret. It is up to us..or you to spot this ..not just accept the standard textbook drivel shoveled out in our schools and many of the explainations of others...or even our communications media..for they too will lie and deceive us.

What I am asking is ...What is the religion of economics???? Economic motivations?? This is what is being kept from our awareness by much of what passes for intelligence and education today.

Also suggest you take a close look at the concept of Feudalism and its connection to religion/religions.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
To ban religion would just start secret religious groups and other problems. People would still practice their religon and what would you do with them? Put them in jail, the jails are already full. I think banning religion would cause many problems.

Danica

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
When religion is centered on the mind, it exists for material gain. It gathers gold and properties from its adherents, much like a government taxes the population.

When religion is centered in the heart, it exists for love alone. It sends out fellowship and forgiveness to everyone we meet, much like Jesus taught us to.

What type of religion would you toss out?

[edit on 24/12/06 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I do not believe religion should be banned, even if it were possible. I'm a spiritual anarchist and I believe religion is something that must be overcome by the individual. Each and every one of us must free ourselves from the deception that is religion. That can only be done on an individual basis and by the individual.

Banning religion would only reinforce it and make it stronger.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
religion and politics will be the downfall of civilization as we know it. as long as something better replaces that im all for it.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
i dont care what anyone else has said previous to my post here. and just from reading the question and my experience in life. YES religion should be banned.
There are always problems because of it.
just my opinion

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Well, this is truly a sign of ignorance in my opinion. Many rag on religion for many reasons, some personal, some not. I think the problem is that religous ideas and philosphies often are misunderstood and sometimes clash with the current political ideologies. Unfortuneately, this has been unavoidable in the past.

I think the best thing that anyone can say is, "believe what you want, but believe in human nature." People will fight over ANYTHING. It does not matter what it is.

If you eliminated religion, something else would take its place as a flashpoint.

Also, forcing ideas onto other people, whether they are religous, political, philosophical is not the answer. You cannot force someone to your point of view. Isn't this why you think religion should be abolished? You are resorting to the very tactics you find distateful. DENY IGNORANCE mushroom.

You can ban the establishment, but you will never ban the belief.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Thank you for all the replies I must admit I thought this thread had faded into the shadows. I know banning anything does not work in reality but why do we allow those who preach religion to twist it into something its not.

Right now people are dying for their religeous beliefs, have you seen the comments on ATS re Muslims and infidels. Is religion worth dying for, why do people say they are sacrificing themselves for an idea in their heads. People worship consummerism, do those people die for material wealth, if they did would that be seen as rational, logical etc.

Why do some see themselves above and superior to others, my religion is better than yours etc. Is this not all because of the lies preached to us through our religion. Just as there are Muslim fanatics there are Christian and Jewish fanatics all claiming their religion is the only true one and all no believers must be put to the sword.

Why do soldiers who murder, maim and torture say they are doing their Gods work, is not religion about respecting life and accepting others.
The problem is not religion its us, were just a bunch of techno savages who use any excuse to kill and covet the wealth of others.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Why do some see themselves above and superior to others, my religion is better than yours etc. Is this not all because of the lies preached to us through our religion. Just as there are Muslim fanatics there are Christian and Jewish fanatics all claiming their religion is the only true one and all no believers must be put to the sword.

Well I cant really speak for anyone else, but I have never thought non-believers should be put to the sword nor do I think that then majority of christians do.

In fact, I wasn't such a staunch defender of my faith until I realized it was under attack from islamic fundementalists. Despite the various theories, I still believe 9/11 was an attack on American core beliefs. If you really want to boil it down, I think it was an attack on Christendom.

I dont believe my faith is the absolute end all answer to anything, but it works for me and many others. My beliefs will NOT be swayed by a group of people waving machetes calling for "Jihad."

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Hi X How would 9/11 affect your beliefs if that you found out that Muslim extremists were not behind the attacks but someone else. History is replete with those who are accused of doing what they have not.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
ban religion huh? lets just ban everything on our planet that makes us unique and fork over our souls to the illuminati huh?!
sounds good to me, cuz banning everything just makes the world alot more peaceful dont it? the world will be much more safer and loving if we all ban religion wont it?! sure there wont be racism in our world because racism is to be blamed towards religion aint it?!

god when will people wake the hell up and realize banning things doesnt work out!

good luck converting all those middle easterns to nothing, lmfao.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
its funny how people are always brainwashed by all the illumanist fundies into banning religion then allowing them to strike terrorists plots on our own damn soil.
the grass is greener! and stonier!

seems to me like our own government is the problem other than religion and sunday school hahahahah.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Hi Topsecret, would you like to show the proofs of who was responsible for 9/11, the US goverment has not done so, maybe you can enlighten us all with the real truth. Maybe it was not Muslim fanatics after all and nobody has convinced me yet of the positiveness of any religion, when you have something that causes death the norm is to remove the cause of it. There asre plenty of things we are not allowed to do.

Guns have been banned in the UK, now only the criminals have them, thats the police and drug runners. Personal weapons will be banned in the US soon, some states are dry states. There are lots of things that have been banned and most people arent to bothered.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join