It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any truth in Spielberg's 'Taken' ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Hi all just wanted to know if there was any truth in Spielberg's 'Taken' series and/or if it can be classed as disinformation or infact real information to desensatise the masses

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Would nobody like to comment on this?????

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
well its hard to say as it is based on controversy (roswell crash) and not a proven fact. That said, I find it interesting that in one episode the guy who used to play Max Hedroom speculates that they may be trying to formulate a new Messiah.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I found it quite interesting and eeree at times. It felt moer 'realistic' than other tv, well compared to independence day anyway

could it be some sort of disinformation ploy or de-sensatising ?

it was good how they used Ronald regans speach in the background on tv
in one episode

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by g60kg
Would nobody like to comment on this?????

Maybe if you gave members an overview of the movie it would give people something to discuss. How about your opinions? What part do you think could be based on real life events? You know that sort of thing......

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It's probably the most detailed account of several generations of people that were involved with Roswell beginning with the Foo fighters of WW2. It's a mini series and each episode is about 1.5 hours long.... so there's like 12 movies that span the whole generations from WW2 to the present day.

I gotta say, the movie seems to piece together all the concepts and ideas nicely into a understandable story.

Some Blockbusters have it available for rent, it's pretty hard to find if you want to buy it, and some Blockbusters have flat out sold their copies so you might be able to see a few episodes.... I highly recommend people check it out.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Its based on real life...every detail is real, except for names.

The series was interesting until they suddenly killed of the main character, then it started moving to fast and had a lot of uncalled for wierd turns...(kind of like the movie last samurai where they spent tons of money for detail on the first part then ended, oh so quickly.)

O.k. this is not about movie reviews...
seriously, how real, who knows. Until we see with our eyes we wont know.
(but even then, our eyes can decieve us...perhaps reality is what you percieve...for the most part it is, check out your daily interactions with people...so many ways the conversations can be percieved, etc.)

Peace

Dalen

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It's just fiction, people. "Taken" was simply mildly diverting entertainment.

It started out fairly well with the first episode set in 1947 and featuring a fictionalized account of the so-called "Roswell Incident."

The second episode was, I believe, set in early 1958. Here is where they lost me. Part of the show took place at a secret base in Nevada. The words "AREA 51" were painted on the front of a big hangar and a squadron of B-2 stealth bombers flew over.

If they wanted to make it more historically accurate, they should have done one of more of the following:

1. Correctly indentified the base as Watertown (it did not become Area 51 until the end of June 1958).

2. Set the episode in 1957 and had some U-2 airplanes fly over the Watertown facility.

3. Set the episode in the early 1960s (after the big hangars had been built and the facility redesignated Area 51) and not paint "AREA 51" on the building.

4. Avoid obvious anachronisms like a B-2 in the 1950s.

Television shows just can't seem to get the details right.

The premier episode of "Dark Skies" featured a U-2 flying at fantastic speeds and making wild maneuvers in pursuit of a UFO, blatantly ignoring the fact that a real U-2 would have shed its wings after the first hard turn.

"The X-Files" made the DREAMLAND-adjacent community of Rachel, Nevada, look like Beverly Hills intead of the spartan desert trailer community it is.

That's Hollywood!

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   
thanks for that insight Shadowhawk, I guess it looks good to the untrained eye.
maybe its not 100% accurate but I think it inspires people to do more research

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I remember around the time that Speilberg released schindlers list there were stories going around that he was in the process of buying ufo pictures ect and that he would be making a film about them, was this "film" Taken?

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot

I remember around the time that Speilberg released schindlers list there were stories going around that he was in the process of buying ufo pictures ect and that he would be making a film about them, was this "film" Taken?

thats interesting stuff, anything on the net fegarding this?? i will try and research....very busy

join