It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another example of Political correctness gone mad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   

A DRIVER spent two nights in jail after being accused of "revving his car in a racist manner". Mechanic Ronnie Hutton, 49, yesterday described his court ordeal which finally ended when prosecutors dropped the allegation of racism.

source

Do the Police have nothing better to do? this is just another example of how the PC brigade that is running the UK at the moment is destroying our country and wasteing the taxpayers money

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Revving in a racist manner?? Hmmm....

What a strange charge. They couldnt have called it disturbing the peace, or intimidation to another...RACIST?

What's this world coming to? Next honking the horn will be racist

Ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
In the end i believe he was charged with breach of the peace, but the original charge just shows how out of control the PC brigade in this country are, it also makes you wonder how long it will be before the couple involved sue him for "hurting their feelings and breaching their human rights"

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
You really have to laugh, I hope he sues the police involved because this is beyond ludicrous.

Id love to see the policeman try to stand up in court and describe the difference between racist revving and normal revving.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
FWIW a few years ago I had a woman accuse me of being racist because I held a door open for an Asian woman and not her, a black woman. She really didn't like it when I told her that since she was a good 15 yards away and still in the parking lot just getting out of her car when I opened the door I didn't feel I needed to hold the door open.

She demanded an apology so I told her I was sorry she was angry and that if the incident was the worst thing that happened to her that day it was, indeed, a good day.

I guess following the logic of the article, I'm guilty of 'allowing a door to close in a racist manner'.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I'm seeing, & hearing more & more of this crap every day. I'm starting to think this is an intentional ploy by authorities to drive Joe & Mary Six pack & every other ordinary person of European Descent over the edge into adopting a right wing ideology of eventually turning on all minorities after some kind of natural or economic disaster. In the future political correctness becomes so over the top that it begins to destroy European Civilization that the common people finally say enough is enough and the great purification begins.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This is very similar to what happened wth the feminist movement. The word 'feminist' used to be associated with freedom and opportunity, then radicals hyjacked it and now it's difficult for women to call themselves feminist without being branded 'angry manhater'.. this in turn disempowers them.

It's a shame this kind of thing is becoming more frequent.. it underminds all that people have fought and died for fighting true oppression.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katolu
FWIW a few years ago I had a woman accuse me of being racist because I held a door open for an Asian woman and not her, a black woman. She really didn't like it when I told her that since she was a good 15 yards away and still in the parking lot just getting out of her car when I opened the door I didn't feel I needed to hold the door open.

She demanded an apology so I told her I was sorry she was angry and that if the incident was the worst thing that happened to her that day it was, indeed, a good day.

I guess following the logic of the article, I'm guilty of 'allowing a door to close in a racist manner'.

Ha.. I am reminded of when I was rather rudly yelled at for holding the door open for a women who actually got mad and said I did not think women where good enough to hold the door for themselves.. that I some how thought less of women. So further down the hallway I let the door close on her face.. not saying a thing the entire time, in the end I was called a not-so-nice name .. started with a D and may be a body part on a male person.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Police abuse, nothing more. Using "racism" was plain stupid. A civil suit will win this. A "senior official" was piss that he was "told off" and decided to punish this guy. Easy to do, only courts can release a prisioner. Bust the guy on Sat. and he's spending the weekend in jail. I just WISHED this had happened to me. Damn near as good as winning the lottery.

new topics

top topics

join