It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Strip Mine in John Lear's Moon Photos??

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This??

No clue what it could be but it looks like there is some sort of line going from it towards what zorgon was just mentioning

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Oh Man is this creepy... it stares out at me if your not to close...

You realize of course how big this would have to be...

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
A road with something on it.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
smoke

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Cute! You reversed one!

But it does look more like smoke coming out of a squarish building now you mention it

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Apologies, I had not meant to quite so blunt in my previous post. The tank like object/outcrop does look unusual I agree. I have not studies the pictures to the same degree as some on this thread, but what I have looked at still tells me that although some formations are unusual, we are looking at rocks - I can't see any compelling evidence to suggest otherwise.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Have we determined what they possibly would be mining yet? Titanium, Helium 3, Oxygen possibly to create an atmosphere there? Me, i'd have to go with Helium 3 considering its potential power applications.

[edit on 21-9-2006 by SearchEngine]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Mining on the moon.

John is dangling a lot of carrots!

There are several threads on the mining operations on the Moon. Most every single poster including the Amigos on the ATS radio show keep refering to this operation as 'incredibly ancient'. They can't grasp that this is going on today, right now, Copernicus is being mined as I type these words.

[edit on 21/9/06 by Prote]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The first thing I noticed was that it looked like water erosion. So, knowing that couldnt be the case I looked harder. I live in an area where there are a lot of caves. Some old mines that they turned into storage or whatever. This to me does not look like they are mining for something. It looks more like caves are being made. For what purposes is anyones guess, but that is what it looks like to me.

I also noticed something else, it appears there is a section missing out of this pic. Anyone know for sure if that is the case, or why it appears that way?

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Which picture do you mean? There is one large photograph of an oblique view of the crater which is split into four seperate scans, plus one overhead view of the northern (I think) crater wall. They should all be linked on the first page of this thread.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Originally posted by SearchEngine

How about this?

Looks like the cockpit section of a Douglas DC-6B. Do you think the Weekly World was right?

Has anyone found this in copernicus 5?

I haven't been able to find it yet..

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Cute! You reversed one!

But it does look more like smoke coming out of a squarish building now you mention it

I tried reversing everything that looked interesting, to see if they looked different. I learned that in art, especially when painting a face, that it can look fine one way, but the real test is to reverse it and if it still looks proportionate, you're good to go. You'd be surprised how different some things can look when reversed. I also tried do negative image, to see if the darkened areas had any textures in them that might show up in a negative image.

Initially, I didn't realize you had the picture of the "crane" already. I found that area interesting and decided to focus on the crane, thinking originally, that it was a tank and then that it was some kind of column with an extended arm. After looking at it in a graphics program, the zoom revealed what appeared to be smoke or fuzziness instead of a mechanical arm contraption thing-a-ma-bob.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

How about this?

Looks like the cockpit section of a Douglas DC-6B. Do you think the Weekly World was right?

Has anyone found this in copernicus 5?

I haven't been able to find it yet..

This is on Copernicus 2, right hand border about 1/3 down the page at the top of the first cliff from the floor of the crater.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
helium3 is a worthy target for moon mining, I'll admit that

I've read you can't see the things apollo 11 left behind with a commercial telescope, but couldn't the average amatuer astronomer see the operations ?

couldn't an amatuer radio enthusiast hear something ?

you can't mine without making sounds or leaving traces, imho

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

This is on Copernicus 2, right hand border about 1/3 down the page at the top of the first cliff from the floor of the crater.

No I meant to match it up with Copernicus 5. You did say things might have been taken out of Copernicus 5 right?

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

I've read you can't see the things apollo 11 left behind with a commercial telescope, but couldn't the average amatuer astronomer see the operations ?

Ummm if a commercial telescope is not stronge enough, why would you think the average amateur one could?

What frequency are they on? And if no one is looking why would they find it?

you can't mine without making sounds or leaving traces, imho

Welll ummmm how about this sound is produced by pressure waves in air... or vibrations through ground.... so even if there is air on the moon, you would not hear a sound from the moon on Earth as it couldn't get through space even a few millimeters

As to "traces" ummmm isn't that what we are showing you here?

Oh and by the way you asked me about a monolith in the other thread... I prefer to call it the "Spire"

Here you go...

From Copernicus #1

And here is the same feature from Copernicus # 5

Sorry No 58 Chevy though...

[edit on 22-9-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   

No I meant to match it up with Copernicus 5. You did say things might have been taken out of Copernicus 5 right?

Okay lemme see if I have any luck I am pretty familiar with the dimensions of #2 and #5 now... Let you know in a bit

Any one out there any good at sketches? I need one done for this thread Lemme know

UPDATE:

Okay here we are...

Notice the weird shadow?

Here it is in #5 [dont forget to rotate #5 90 degrees right... its in the lower left above the tracks... you should be able to find the second step its to the right of that...

On the weekend I will make the #2 and #5 with numbers so you can all see the "finds" so far...

Its starnge the funny shadow is almost exactly the same in both pictures, just like the cross shadow..

Okay but when I took a closer look backed out a bit... look at the whole area real close... I may have circled the wrong object LOL The one in the circle looks like its a shpere connected to three smaller spheres... and they cast shadows... above that is a long tapered oval also casting a shadow... but that "opening to the left sure looks like an entrance...

And just WHAT is making that weird shadow????

[edit on 22-9-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Quote from JohnLear from another thread:

To clarify: I don't believe there is any retouching on the first 4 photos. Those 4 photo scans are of one single photo. The only retouching I have found is on Copernicus 5, another picture I ordered from NASA (LOV-M155)...

Does this mean that it is nothing?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I've read you can't see the things apollo 11 left behind with a commercial telescope, but couldn't the average amatuer astronomer see the operations

Just to let you know that Apollo was indeed tracked by civilians. As for "seeing" the Apollo landing site, not even the latest lunar orbitters can do that. The image resolution is not high enough. No-one seems to realize that the moon is 1/4 diameter of Earth. It's big, real big.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Zorgon, a lot of the shadows you see in these images are depressions in the ground. The 'cross' is likely two long trenches carved by meteors impacting at a low angle, some of the other odd shadows are likely multiple impact craters joined together. The photo's were taken with a low sun angle, so any deep depression will appear dark inside.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join