It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Strip Mine in John Lear's Moon Photos??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Not saying I believe this but these places I marked sure do look remarkably like cranes. Could just be seeing things though I guess.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
I don't see any indications of such tracks. Or how is the soil being scooped out from the bottom? This is just a meteor which has smashed to dust on the surface.

Granted, the violence and kinetic energy of a massive meteor impact can certainly melt rock and cause all manner of formations.

On the other hand, there are some compelling features that have unique parallels.

en.wikipedia.org...

If this is a surface mining site, I think it's ancient.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
If this is a surface mining site, I think it's ancient.

That was my first impression, I second that, still is fascinating and something that merits debate.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
its time to join this interesting discussion

my question:

where is all the equipment used to mine on the surface of the moon (if all of this is true)???

did NASA (???) take it back to earth or destroy it (they wouldn't want evidence of this would they (???)...

did the aliens help them mine (serious question)

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Depending on the make up of the stone, wind patterns and other erosion factors...some parts look a bit like this (Arizona Desert)...

Desert rocks

However it does have that...look to it huh?

I remember seeing some pictures of abandoned strip mines somewhere...all overgrown and eroded in places...hmmm.

Will see if I can find the site I saw them on

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
1) We don't know for sure that if another civilization did this, it required land based physical equipment.
2) I don't beleive any Apollo landed in that area.. these are probe pictures, or so I thought.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
did the aliens help them mine (serious question)

I can't speak for John Lear if that's who your question is for... but I would think that, if we're looking at a surface strip mine, it's ancient and long abandoned.

Regarding the question from someone as to why "they" didn't mine on the earth... it's likely that such a massive impact from a large meteor that likely contained exotic metals/compounds would create further exotic metals and compounds within the crater. As a result, "someone" would be searching to exploit such impact sites.

Just a guess.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   

The source is NASA.

And with the Wiki image, we now have two different images, from different angles, through different sources, showing the same "strip-mine-like" attributes.

This image is from NASA World Wind taken on the Clementine mission.
I screen captured it from their program simular to Google Earth, and the data set was probably produced between February and April of 1994 for the Naval Research Laboratory.

The step like structures are clearly visible.

This image is from the Lunar Orbiter II, taken 23 November 1966.
Looks like the same image Skeptic posted above.

Called by the media the “Picture of the Century,” it is looking in the same direction, to the north, but the telephoto lens has changed the whole atmosphere of thecrater.

Now the frame is filled with a forbidding landscape of plunging cliffs, sweeping escarpments, and tumbling landslides backed by desolate mountain ranges rolling away into the distance. Ringed by rugged 600 metre high cliffs, a jagged mountain ridge thrusts up from the crater floor to a height of 305 metres.

This view must have awed the Apollo astronauts, about to embark on their voyages to the Moon. In fact, this is the crater that was supposed to be the destination of Apollo 20, the last Apollo mission, as a spectacular finale of the Moon landing program. One suggestion was for the astronauts to fly a small spacecraft to the ledges of the surrounding cliffs. It’s a pity it was cancelled – it would have been an exciting mission.
www.honeysucklecreek.net...

This one's a longer shot from the same mission:

Now back to Earth...........

A diamond mine in Canada:

One more pit mine on Earth.

The similarities are striking.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
There's a crater in Canada that is currently mined as Skeptic Overlord pointed out...

Crater Mining

If there were a race technologically advanced enough to "be" there...chances are they would have recognized a good opportunity.

Opportunistic little green men

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Nice job on the mine pics..

If America had the ability to mine on the Moon before we even got there.. where did the technology come from, why are there no bases there? Why have we stopped going? If in 1966 we could mine on the moon, why are we not going to Mars anytime soon?

MR. Lear, could you explain the gravity issue on page 1? thanks.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I can't speak for John Lear if that's who your question is for... but I would think that, if we're looking at a surface strip mine, it's ancient and long abandoned.

i was speaking to whoever

i know you are a skeptic and everything but, may i ask, what is your opinion on this supposed mine???

or is it still too early for you to formulate an opinion???

as for myself, i think it is a mining area (but i am not an expert and i am very new to this thread)...

plus i am an "alien optimist"

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
If the site is an ancient site . . . perhaps mined by other people before our time in earth, then I guess they are not different from us when it comes to opportunism and techniques.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
i know you are a skeptic and everything

-sigh-

People still misunderstand the "Skeptic" part of my site name.

It means I'm skeptical of what we've been told... not that I'm skeptical of alternative topics.

I think there may be an interesting probability that we are looking at an ancient strip mine site... and not one used by humans.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Could the operations be underground?

But back in the 60s did the US had such technology as to make possible to mine in the moon?

Or to build facilities underground.

I can't vouch for USA's capability in mining moon but as far as I'm concerned they had the technology to build underground bases since mid 50's. In 1956 Rand Corporation held a symposium about underground bases and the technology to achieve such goal. And the technology was a borin machine, atomic powered that could bore a tunnel in a hard strata with a rate of 5 miles a day, etc... imagine 10 years later or now days. So the technology existed.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Titanium?

This is a false color image taken by Galileo spacecraft.

the Bluer the area, the more titanium present.

Copernicus is pretty much in the center of the image..
the region doesn't look very blue, but it's covered with an ejecta blanket.
You can sort of see the blue underneath.
A natural Titanium mine?

If I had to mine the moon for titanium, and I've often wanted to do that (j/k).
Maybe thats a good place?

[edit on 19-9-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Nice photo Spacedoubt,

Copernicus seems like the bluest spot on the map. Maybe not the biggest, but looks like a darker blue than any other spot on the map. Maybe the mining of titanium is another piece of this puzzle...

I still think there must be some kind of oxygen extraction from the rocks going on there too.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
some of you keep mentioning that they are mining for some rare material but if this is real it could be that they are just mining for building materials. its easier to mine them there than to haul them all the way from earth.

Ram

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
hehe - good idea.. It actually looks like it could be an old mine..from the time of Atlantis and stuff..

If we take the story all the way out there - then why not?!

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Who could mine the moon? Maybe the grays were there? What about an ancient human civilization like Atlantis that disappeared?

Mining would be good on the moon, no water, plants, weather etc to deal with. The lighter gravity would make moving mass easier too. Makes sense to mine the moon.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Tell you what, if I owned Google, Apple, Microsoft -- i.e. was filthy rich -- my probe would be up on the Moon and on Mars taking hi-res pics of every square inch, just for sh1ts and giggles.

Larry/Sergey, Steve, Bill -- forget the money you're making, you can't spend it all -- really leave a lasting legacy for the human race. See what's going on, get some video.

Chaz.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by Chaz]

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join