It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Strip Mine in John Lear's Moon Photos??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Okay, I can't stop dwelling on this damn image.

Springer and I helped prepare 5 high-res photos of the massive Copernicus lunar crater in this thread:
John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

In the course of discussion and the search for small oddities, I think something massive may have been overlooked in this image:
Copernicus2-full.gif (6.2 meg)
Copernicus2-medium.gif (900 kb)

Is it me or...

does that look exactly like a strip mining operation?

Am I crazy?

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Okay, I can't stop dwelling on this damn image.

Springer and I helped prepare 5 high-res photos of the massive Copernicus lunar crater in this thread:
John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

In the course of discussion and the search for small oddities, I think something massive may have been overlooked in this image:
Copernicus2-full.gif (6.2 meg)
Copernicus2-medium.gif (900 kb)

Is it me or...

does that look exactly like a strip mining operation?

Am I crazy?

No your not. Somebody is eventually going to come acroos some other indications of a full fledged mining operation which, at the time of the photograph, in 1966, was in full operation.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
An alternate angle from a photo on the Wiki article seems to show the same attributes of the area:
en.wikipedia.org...:Copernicus.gif

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
1966 but who could have been mining at that time, and can this pictures just show an area that has been like that for longer than 40 years?

Perhaps ancient mining area?

I am wondering if this pictures are truly real.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
No your not. Somebody is eventually going to come acroos some other indications of a full fledged mining operation which, at the time of the photograph, in 1966, was in full operation.

It does look like an open-cast mining operation. Not to say it doesnt also look alot like a rocky outcrop!

Is this picture from the dark side of the moon? Outerwise how could you possibly expect people to believe that this was a 'working' mine in 1966 and not for people to know about it?

And if it is from the dark side, why cant we just as easily get photo's of the 7 mile high buildings you say are there, or for that matter any buildings? And I dont mean what could be-lookslike-10000yr old-ex pyramids either.

McP

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I am wondering if this pictures are truly real.

The source is NASA.

And with the Wiki image, we now have two different images, from different angles, through different sources, showing the same "strip-mine-like" attributes.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Thanks for the clarification of the images.

Is truly fascinating, but I still believe that it can be an ancient site of some mining operations way before our time in earth perhaps.

It if was 1966 how come Is not roads or anything left behind?

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Thanks for the clarification of the images.

Is truly fascinating, but I still believe that it can be an ancient site of some mining operations way before our time in earth perhaps.

It if was 1966 how come Is not roads or anything left behind?

Ask yourself (or ask somebody) what would be the indications if this mine was in full operation? Clouds of dust? Would there be huge piles of sloping overburden? Would there be cranes of any sort? Would there be refining facilities and if there were what would be the indications of refinement facilities? Would there be tanks containing chemicals? Would chemical reactions cause vapor to rise or fall from the top of these tanks depending on their specific gravity? Oops, never mind, there can't be any vapor on the moon, its a vacuum.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I do not think its a mining op of any kind. A mine needs to have trackways along the sides for mechanical devices to go into the dug-outs to scoop out soil.

I don't see any indications of such tracks. Or how is the soil being scooped out from the bottom? This is just a meteor which has smashed to dust on the surface.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Mr. Lear

Well, not if they're mining Ilminite. Oxygen can be extracted
by chemical process or I also heard extreme heat.

[edit on 18-9-2006 by SearchEngine]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Just curious and hoping someone could answer this question. What could they be mining on the moon that they couldn’t mine on earth for 1/1000 the cost?

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Could the operations be underground?

But back in the 60s did the US had such technology as to make possible to mine in the moon?

Or to build facilities underground.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The mining operations may explain the fluctuating gravity field that scientists can't explain.

A gravity map of the moon, courtesy of CDDISA, NASA. Red areas show location of the Mascons (Mass Concentrations) - unexplained areas of higher gravity which cause spacecraft orbiting the moon to "dip" towards the surface.
www.mufor.org...

Anyway, real glad to see this being taken seriously on ATS.

[edit on 18/9/06 by SteveR]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Just curious and hoping someone could answer this question. What could they be mining on the moon that they couldn’t mine on earth for 1/1000 the cost?

Helium3.

ATS Google Search

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
johnlear

I love conspiracies and these pictures sure make a heck of a good one. I agree with your post about the moon be the way it is it will be easier to hid it.

But the pictures look too clean for the mining to still be operational unless is something missing from the picture, perhaps careful coverage.

But will NASA be showing these pictures if it was something of importance in the moon that needed be hidden?

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Helium3.

I see, thanks Steve.

[edit on 18-9-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Can't recall how to post a pic inline...

EXTERNAL IMAGE Mineral mine

And a former coal strip mine I believe??

There are quite a few similarities it seems. Kinda interesting.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   

But will NASA be showing these pictures if it was something of importance in the moon that needed be hidden?

Well, technically.. NASA isn't showing the pictures. It's not like these are publicized ones. Remember only a few from the apollo catalog (another thread) was ever used by NASA in the media.

NASA puts these on some obscure place on it's website to fulfill it's taxpayer service.. the pictures aren't so damning that they need to be burnt (unlike alot of others unfortunately). The vast majority of people have never seen these images before. I beleive Jra is the only guy who claimed to.

[edit on 18/9/06 by SteveR]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Playing devils advocate, what if the 'they' who possibly created this are not from earth? I'll probably get flamed for that, but I tend to agree with Mr. Lear that a ton of stuff has been being suppressed about what is actually on the moon. I believe some of NASA's airbrushers may have retired early due to carpal-tunnel.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Well, technically.. NASA isn't showing the pictures.

Thanks for that info I was not aware of that, so yes a heck of a conspiracy with these pictures.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join