It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Willie Nelson Arrested for Marijuana

page: 1

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 05:17 PM
Willie Nelson and 4 others where cited today for a 1 1/2 possession of Marijuana on a Louisiana Highway. After recording two new songs for an upcoming album.
Willie Nelson and four others were issued misdemeanor citations for possession of narcotic mushrooms and marijuana after a traffic stop Monday morning on a Louisiana highway, state police said.

The citations were issued after a commercial vehicle inspection of the country music star's tour bus, state police said in a news release.

"When the door was opened and the trooper began to speak to the driver, he smelled the strong odor of marijuana," the news release said. A search of the bus produced 1 1/2 pounds of marijuana and 0.2 pounds of narcotic mushrooms, according to state police.

Nelson's publicist, Elaine Shock, declined immediate comment.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I don't understand the big deal on musicians using drugs, especially on his age. They seem to think they need for their careers.

Related News Links:

mod edit, spelling

[edit on 18-9-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 06:10 PM
Yup,... me made a mistake

I should learn the map of the US better.
Wrong state, different laws.
edit-correction in facts

consider this post null and void

[edit on 18-9-2006 by smirkley]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 07:33 PM
Wow! I think the laws in Louisiana have changed drastically since I left, if you only get a misdemeanor citation for a pound and half of marijuana. That really is a lot of pot.

[edit on 2006/9/18 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 07:41 PM
This is nothing new for Willie, he's been arrested for this before like 10 years ago. This is just another "Groovy trip" for Willie and his gang.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:34 PM
Willie's on Dope?

No Way!

Never would of guessed a man of his morals would stoop so low.

Whats next? Mike Tyson abusing women? Hell we might even see Clinton fornicating with loose women.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:44 PM
All the people on Willie Nelson's bus said the pound and a half of pot was theirs, so when they divided it up among everybody on the bus, the weight of the pot per person was only a misdemeanor.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:43 PM
Man, he had a buttload of shrooms.

I wanna be his roadie.

new topics

top topics