It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Willie Nelson Arrested for Marijuana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Willie Nelson and 4 others where cited today for a 1 1/2 possession of Marijuana on a Louisiana Highway. After recording two new songs for an upcoming album.

news.yahoo.com
Willie Nelson and four others were issued misdemeanor citations for possession of narcotic mushrooms and marijuana after a traffic stop Monday morning on a Louisiana highway, state police said.

The citations were issued after a commercial vehicle inspection of the country music star's tour bus, state police said in a news release.

"When the door was opened and the trooper began to speak to the driver, he smelled the strong odor of marijuana," the news release said. A search of the bus produced 1 1/2 pounds of marijuana and 0.2 pounds of narcotic mushrooms, according to state police.

Nelson's publicist, Elaine Shock, declined immediate comment.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I don't understand the big deal on musicians using drugs, especially on his age. They seem to think they need for their careers.

Related News Links:
www.newsday.com
www.smh.com.au
thescotsman.scotsman.com
allafrica.com

mod edit, spelling

[edit on 18-9-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yup,... me made a mistake

I should learn the map of the US better.
Wrong state, different laws.
edit-correction in facts

consider this post null and void

[edit on 18-9-2006 by smirkley]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Wow! I think the laws in Louisiana have changed drastically since I left, if you only get a misdemeanor citation for a pound and half of marijuana. That really is a lot of pot.

[edit on 2006/9/18 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This is nothing new for Willie, he's been arrested for this before like 10 years ago. This is just another "Groovy trip" for Willie and his gang.

-ADHD

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Willie's on Dope?

No Way!

Never would of guessed a man of his morals would stoop so low.

Whats next? Mike Tyson abusing women? Hell we might even see Clinton fornicating with loose women.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
All the people on Willie Nelson's bus said the pound and a half of pot was theirs, so when they divided it up among everybody on the bus, the weight of the pot per person was only a misdemeanor.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Man, he had a buttload of shrooms.

I wanna be his roadie.

new topics

top topics

join