It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Dreams'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I've had one lucid dream in my life, about 8 mths ago. Probably the most fascinating one i'll have for a while. I won't type the entire dream in here as it's far too long but i was in the Future in New York i went from being chased by an evil thin pale faced man to being rescued by a couple who took me to their underground apt. I remember i'd lost 20 $$ and saw crumpled 5's everywhere and decided that taking a few wouldn't hurt, i then thought to myself, i can't do that stealing is wrong heh. and then I woke up inside of my dream. It was totally cool i'll never forget it, i saw a window near the ceiling and i looked up and saw large planes with 'nukes' attached to them when i asked these people 'and their friends who were also there' what they were they said oh that would be the Police, they protect the skies, i then asked where i was and i was told New York. I then tried convincing these people they weren't Real, and they laughed at me "smirk" a very very odd experience trying to convince people who believe they're real that they really aren't. After this, they told me i had to leave because people were looking for me and it wasn't safe for them if they were found out. So we wandered over to a park and there were people and kids playing, and this little girl with blonde hair and a badly burned face and hands walked up to me and said, I've been waiting for you to arrive, i knew you'd come. I then placed my hands over her face and hands and Believed she would be Healed and she was, but the oddest part was that i could Feel this Energy surging thru my hands it was so wild. When i removed my hands her skin was Perfect and the only people who seemed to notice this was the other kids, they were all astonished but the adults almost seemed to be in a trance like state or something and didnt think it was a big deal. I asked the girl where her parents were and she said her mother had died then pointed to her father on a bench nearby who just smiled faintly as if to say thankyou. After this i walked over to an apparatus where the kids were playing, and the paint on the cement walls were old and chipped and faded, and without touching the wall, i simply used mymind to create fantastic colors that just slowly like paint being poured out replaced the old paint with new, i could also create backgrounds with my mind on these walls. Stunned by my abilities i asked one of the children what color i should try creating next to which they replied 'Purple' i tried for like 10 mins to create this color but i could not and it puzzled the hell out of me. There's more but i'll stop here.

This experience really blew my mind because i felt i was in the future somehow, like i'd travelled lucidly to another time. And i have to add this because its just creepy, but in a cool kinda way. I used to attend this church and i met several very nice people who at 3 different times told me, including a Pastor from Texas who was visiting at the time that i would be given the ability to heal People in the Future. I used to laff and think it was wild but not possible. However after having this lucid dream i completely believe in the power of the mind. Anyways i'd like to hear of anyone else who's had a really interesting lucid dream as i've become fascinated with them. ttfn

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I have also had lucid dreams. Like I said in another post, I often dream about nuclear holocaust and nuclear war. One dream almost seemed like a video game, in the sense that I kept going back to the beginning and starting over trying to get it right. Basically the way it went was I knew that the missiles had been launched and I had to get out of the city as soon as possible. But there were people with guns trying to stop me from getting away. I would run through the streets and when I would get caught, I would go back to the beginning of the dream and start over again, each time getting a little farther along.

My lucid like dreams always occur in the morning, when I am close to waking up. I think it is like a merging of my unconcious and my counscious, as one gives way to the other.

Nice avatar btw, I like it.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
My lucid like dreams always occur in the morning, when I am close to waking up. I think it is like a merging of my unconcious and my counscious, as one gives way to the other.

Nice avatar btw, I like it.

Hi greenkoolaid, thanks!

I hadn't read any other posts on this subject, but i find yours interesting. Sometimes i wonder if lucid dreams aren't premonitions of whats to come. It's hard to say really because of the different dreams people have. Lucidity however is much different from an ordinary dream about something, its like living in another world and if its good you never want to wake up from it, i didn't.

I'd like to ask you how you fall into one though, when i had mine, the first one i've had and haven't since that time in dec/jan, i tried everything to fall back into one but haven't had much luck. Any Ideas on that?

[Edited on 6-11-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It just gets easier with practice, and the more lucid dreams you have.... Eventually, you'll find it difficult, but not impossible, to slip back into a lucid dream. However, it can go a little off track when doing so (as mine often do, hehe...)

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Like I said, I think it is when your conscious mind and your unconscious mind merge. You are asleep so your unconscious mind is allowing you dream as you normally do at night. But for some reason your conscious mind also becomes aware. So it tells you that you are dreaming, and even lets you control things. For me I can't control everything. I can't say to my dream, I want to go to the moon, or I want to now have 10 women who want to fulfill all of my desires. But I can control things in the context of the story, and if I didn't like the way something happened it seems I also have the ability to rewind the dream and allow things to happen another way.

I find it really easy to fall back into a dream. I can become awake and sit up, and then lie back down and get back into the dream. This is often what happens because I want to see where the dream is going.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
i have only had a few lucid dreams. what ends up happening is that i will realize im dreaming and feel a rush of energy, but then my mind tells me i am awake and takes the dream away, and i cannot fall back into the dream no matter how hard i try. any suggestions about keeping myself in that state longer?

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I have them, quite often.

I can remember details too. When I tell someone a dream that I've had, they usually ask me if I'm making it up, as they don't believe that I remember everything that has happened in my dream.

I have reoccuring dreams that I'm being chased by someone.... like the police or government, they never catch me, and it's always sort of futuristic looking, whever I'm at...

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pineappleupsidedown
i have only had a few lucid dreams. what ends up happening is that i will realize im dreaming and feel a rush of energy, but then my mind tells me i am awake and takes the dream away, and i cannot fall back into the dream no matter how hard i try. any suggestions about keeping myself in that state longer?

pineappleupsidedown, I've only had one lucid dream, i can't really tell you how to stay in one, all i remember was once i was awake inside of my dream i didn't want to wake up, i kept going deeper and deeper. Then my cat jumped on me and woke me up lol

top topics

join