It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby Bang experiment could open door to new dimension

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The more we learn about physics, the more we realize how little we know. The reality of the situation is that we've never studied a black hole up close and personal. We have mathmatical constructs of how we think a black hole should behave, but we have no concrete proof. The greatest construct in the world is useless if it doesn't measure what it's supposed to.

Now, I don't mean to be a naysayer, because I'm sure all of the physics buffs are going to flare up and claim that because we have the constructs, and furthermore, because the math "works", we can assume to know the true nature of a black hole.

Even Stephen Hawking, who has worked on black holes for 30 or 40 years, has had to backtrack and admit he was wrong. (In 2004 he had to concede that black holes do not destroy all information in them.)

The knowns and unknowns of physics at this level change by the decade (or faster) and each time a new theory comes along that seems to explain something a little better, it's accepted. Keep in mind though, that until that theory came along, everyone accepted what came before.

What I'm saying is, all the math we've worked out now may be useless in 10 years, and in 100 years, it could be viewed as "the dark age of physics."

I still think this is an interesting experiment, and I don't think anything catastrophic will happen, but what about next time around, when we're attempting to create a stable black hole for analysis?

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Indeed, for all the hype about the string theories and their elegant mathematics, not one single experiment has turned up anything relevant to the theory and what's it been now, twenty years.

Now, we're waiting on an accelerator to conduct an experiment that might reveal another dimension or destroy the universe. I"m betting that neither will happen, but for the half dozen or so people who can do it, the math is exquisite.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Of course the probability of a particle accelerator catastrophe is very small. But it is there. I do not want anyone to skip particle experiments, I only would feel much better if we would wait with it till we can be sure of not accidentally destroying the world.

----
Greetings from Germany

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Interestingly,in the article he says "we have built a machine that exceeds our powers of prediction. "
And then:
"Dr Cox dismissed worries that by adventuring into the unknown and creating tiny black holes, the machine could even destroy the planet.

"The probability is at the level of 10 to the minus 40," he said.

They estimate the possibility of accidentally destroying the planet as extremely low.

So thats garbage then,if the first statement is true.

It reminds me of the nuclear tests,when they were detonating really big hydrogen bombs-some of the scientists were worried they may crack the earths crust open...
But what the hell...Press the button.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is what Andromedan aliens have said in regards to black holes:

They say that all the matter that is in our universe came out of black holes.

Under every galaxy, they say there is a black hole from whence everything came.

From my knowledge and understanding, there are a number of black holes in each galaxy. So, lets say that every galaxy is continuely formed from new stars and matter exiting a black hole from "another side of the universe"(deeper than just another "dimension"). Then, you can see a pattern of size and distance difference in each transition through a black hole. A star or black hole is only so big, but if a bunch of star material and matter come from the center of a spiraling galaxy, then the stuff that is entering a black hole must be becoming much smaller. And, the "space", "time", and "physics" might also become smaller. Think about it.......

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by realanswers
This is what Andromedan aliens have said in regards to black holes:

They say that all the matter that is in our universe came out of black holes.

Under every galaxy, they say there is a black hole from whence everything came.

From my knowledge and understanding, there are a number of black holes in each galaxy. So, lets say that every galaxy is continuely formed from new stars and matter exiting a black hole from "another side of the universe"(deeper than just another "dimension"). Then, you can see a pattern of size and distance difference in each transition through a black hole. A star or black hole is only so big, but if a bunch of star material and matter come from the center of a spiraling galaxy, then the stuff that is entering a black hole must be becoming much smaller. And, the "space", "time", and "physics" might also become smaller. Think about it.......

Each black hole creates a smaller galaxy in a smaller existence of space, stars, and matter. Does anybody find this to be the most logical explanation of continuous creation in space?

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Not a black hole but it is very pobable that our universe exists in the inside of a bubble of false quantum vacuum (which is in many aspects similar to a black hole (like the beckenstein bound))

-----
Greetings from Germany

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by carnival_of_souls2047
You see folks, this is exactly the reason why I am digging a hole in my basement to create a secret place I can go to when the proverbial sh*t hits the fan.

Just make sure you don’t dig too deep, those reptoids are very testy about property rights. After all their all lawyers and politicians in human form.

interesting artical , I realy hope these guys know what thier doing and don't forget to carry the one . More than likely its going to go fine.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

When I first heard about this I thought it was an April fools joke, but then we are in May. The reality of all this freaks me out, surprisingly hardly anyone I know young and old havent heard about this neither have I until last week.
What right have these scientests got to risk the lives of all the people in the world, what right have they got to keep it quiet, not to inform people? they are using public spending money on this, so therefore the public have every right to know what is going on, and I dont think they should be allowed to carry out such experiments that carry even a slight risk to people let alone the planet, its appauling, nobody should be allowed to play God, man should not mess around with things like this. I sincerely hope that this all goes according to plan and it is as safe and successful as they think it might be, we have no choice, and that is unfair when they have public money to use for these things that could otherwise be put to good use like helping the sick and needy.
I wonder if there pre tests were responsible for Englands tremors which incidently were both felt around 12.30am I sincerely hope they were not responsible for the recent quakes in China, as I read on their website they have been practising for this forthcoming experiment

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Text Black

As we know this experiment is happening in september, this experiment could be good and it could be bad. NASA would not be doing this experiment if they thought they couldnt achieve it. I am scared and frightened to know that this could be my final days as for all i am only 16 and i seem to know alot about this experiment but i believe this experiment could go well but i imagine if it does go wrong we will die like switching off a tv by the button.
I am just a tiny bit confused on how does this relate to us and why do we have to suffer because of an experiment which might destroy the universe.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
I read about this in FHM. Pretty impressive eh? Its bound to go wrong and kill somebody or do nothing at all... gutting afte the amount of money they have spent on it!

After the first nuclear reactor was built the experiments done with it yielded so much understanding of the universe that people believed there would be no end to innovation from that point forward. The power of the Atom was overblown, yes, but not without reason.

The knowledge of the Atom lead to discoveries and understanding in EVERY field of science. No exception. The LHC will bring us a world of new technology and human advancement that we can only dream of right now.

I would never say that nothing is going to happen. The LHC will revolutionize the existence of human beings.

Or it will blow up and turn this planet into a floating cinder.

I'm not betting on the latter.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join