It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby Bang experiment could open door to new dimension

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
GhostITM is correct, the chance of that even happening is
so remote that you probably have a better chance of a bi-latteral
temporal singularity opening in front of you. (Of course I have no
idea what the chances of that are.)

Also, quantum physics is'nt that difficult to learn, especially if it's
just the basics.

I'm still in High School, and don't spend as much time as I'd like
reading up on it, but I still have a good amount of knowledge on
the subject.

EDIT:
Spelling.

[edit on 9/19/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
im pretty sure we will never hear of this subject anymore...infact now that i think about it..when ever somthing like this is about to go down...you never hear if it acually happend or failed...you just kinda read that it was going to happen all anticipated...i hope they make it happen ...cuz if it goes wrong the only thing i could imagine happening is...POOF like a bunch of pixie nintendo cubes vanishing on a screen, we would be swallowed into some kinda black hole..idk just hope it works.
Kiliker

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Hmm........this kinda reminds me of half life....

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Also, quantum physics is'nt that difficult to learn, especially if it's just the basics.

...I still have a god amount of knowledge on the subject.

I have read quite a bit about quantum physics and have a rudimentary understanding of the concepts. However, unless you can do the math, you don't really understand and I can't do the math. Most people can't, either.

[edit on 2006/9/19 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Deep underground on the Franco-Swiss border, someone will throw a switch next year to start one of the most ambitious experiments in history, probing the secrets of the universe and possibly finding new dimensions.

The Large Hadron Collider - a 27km-long circular particle accelerator at the CERN experimental facility near Geneva, will smash protons into one another at unimaginable speeds trying to replicate in miniature the events of the Big Bang.

Didn't this happen in The Da Vinci Code?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Well I wouldnt worry about it, when the built the first nuclear pile (a crude reactor) they were conscerned a runaway chain reaction might vaporize chicago but did it anyway.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Well I wouldnt worry about it, when the built the first nuclear pile (a crude reactor) they were conscerned a runaway chain reaction might vaporize chicago but did it anyway.

The way I see it, if a asteroid or giant meteor doesn't strike planet earth anytime soon or something naturally like that. Then maybe out of curiosity, we humans will make the earth just vanish....go poof......it's bound to happen.

Every world military power wants the capacity to kill large numbers of human beings, right ?..... when the switch is thrown they will say hmmm, we can turn that into a weapon, let's try it......(countdown) 5 4 3 2 1 we have e%#..... poof.........

Oh well, nothing to worry about really.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
isnt that how HALF-LIFE started?(:
not that i mind being alien-slave without being able to have children LOL
but seriously if they even succeed opening door to another dimension i doubt they know what theyr dealing whit.they will have to prorceed with great caution

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Is this the same tunnel/tube that's been running for quite awhile already?
There is another one too, with similar stuff going on.

press.web.cern.ch...

I read about the mini black holes, and actually understood it and its risks.
I feel pretty at ease, i'm not very worried.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
GhostITM is correct, the chance of that even happening is
so remote that you probably have a better chance of a bi-latteral
temporal singularity opening in front of you. (Of course I have no
idea what the chances of that are.)

again? man i get such a headache when that happens...

anyway, what movie was that, they were testing the first a-bomb and the general was like "i want 3 press releases. one for if we succede, one for if we fail, and one for if we ignite the atmosphere"

but eh i agree with grady, if it works cool, if it eats the earth whos gonna complain. or listen?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   
With this super collider we should be able to get more information about sub-atomic particles, some we already know about and some theoritical. This could lead to a better unifying physics theory.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
You see folks, this is exactly the reason why I am digging a hole in my basement to create a secret place I can go to when the proverbial sh*t hits the fan.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by carnival_of_souls2047
You see folks, this is exactly the reason why I am digging a hole in my basement to create a secret place I can go to when the proverbial sh*t hits the fan.

And just what do you think that hole will protect you from?

If the "sh*t hits the fan" a deep hole is the LAST place I'd want to be. I'll take my chances on the surface.... if something big happens and it's not possible to live on the surface, what's the point of living? I'd rather die than live like a worm.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Here is an example of the last time the Atlantians tried this

External Link

Hope we do not repeat it

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It was in Angels and Demons.

In the book the experiment gave us an unlimited source of energy. Can reality copy science fiction again.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarlemHottie

Deep underground on the Franco-Swiss border, someone will throw a switch next year to start one of the most ambitious experiments in history, probing the secrets of the universe and possibly finding new dimensions.

The Large Hadron Collider - a 27km-long circular particle accelerator at the CERN experimental facility near Geneva, will smash protons into one another at unimaginable speeds trying to replicate in miniature the events of the Big Bang.

Didn't this happen in The Da Vinci Code?

No but it did happen in the predictions of John Titor right on this board! How bout that!!!

30 December 2000 13:17

I have never claimed to be a physicist or an expert on what the CERN laboratory is doing at any given moment so I feel it is pointless to argue about what they may be doing in the future or what "breakthroughs" they will or might have. My comments about the CERN lab are in reference to particle accelerators in general and other questions that have come up in the past. The major physics break through for controlled gravity distortion does happen at CERN in your future. Heck, we haven't even touched on "Z" field compression yet. I suppose I could say that I was the one that traveled in time and convinced them to change their experiments but even I would have a hard time believing that one and I do not wish to insult your intelligence.

30 December 2000 10:28 (about time travel) 168
I?m pretty sure they have a number of experiments going on at the same time at CERN. The one I?m referring to involves very high energies using protons. From my historical perspective on my worldline, I do recall the issue was a point of contention about 18 months ago or so. There were some scientists who thought the experiments were too dangerous to try. The time travel I refer to does not require faster than light travel and due to multiple world ?reality?, paradoxes do not occur. Natural time machines do exist.

If you believe him then everything is gonna be O.K. ( With the CERN experiments anyway. . . ) He had a lot of other bad news though.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
If its possible to create a new universe like this I wonder if our universe was created in a labratory in another universe. Is it possible that a similar event could occur naturally in our universe meaning that new universes are being created all the time? Even if it isnt possible, could it occur in another universe where the laws of physics allow it?

[edit on 19-9-2006 by hobo_321]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by hobo_321
If its possible to create a new universe like this I wonder if our universe was created in a labratory in another universe. Is it possible that a similar event could occur naturally in our universe meaning that new universes are being created all the time? Even if it isnt possible, could it occur in another universe where the laws of physics allow it?

[edit on 19-9-2006 by hobo_321]

The old " Our solar system is only an atom in another universe" theory? Or something along those lines? Hmmm

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2PacSade

If you believe him then everything is gonna be O.K. ( With the CERN experiments anyway. . . ) He had a lot of other bad news though.

I wasn't concerned until I read this.

I like how they are confident enough in what may happen to give odds on it. Isn't the purpose of this experiment to find out what will happen? If they know enough right now to calculate odds then why do they need to do the experiment? Things like this are why we need to get some people off of this rock we call "Earth" and on to self-sustaining colonies on other worlds. That way if some egg head is off by a few decimal places, some of the human race may survive.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Originally posted by 2PacSade

I wasn't concerned until I read this.

I like how they are confident enough in what may happen to give odds on it. Isn't the purpose of this experiment to find out what will happen? If they know enough right now to calculate odds then why do they need to do the experiment? Things like this are why we need to get some people off of this rock we call "Earth" and on to self-sustaining colonies on other worlds. That way if some egg head is off by a few decimal places, some of the human race may survive.

I couldn't agree more. One day in the distant future even the moon is gonna escape earth's gravitational pull, and we're gonna be thrown into a "gimble lock". ( I think that's what it's called?:puz

We're gonna have to find a new crib then, so we might as well start now. Why wait till the last minute.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join