It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda threat over pope speech

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
To say muslims should stop muslim extremists is like saying americans should stop those 500,000 nazis or else we condone nazism and anti semite beliefs.

Wonder where you got that there are 500,000 nazis in the U.S.? Sounds like a way over inflated number to me. No matter, though, because you are helping prove a point here. Nazis are bad anywhere they exist, however, just how many of them do you see threatening the head of iran, rioting in the streets, or doing anything except marching every once in awhile in their ridiculous hooded robes? And they get stomped on by the law if they ever stray from that. Same is true of any radical group that exists in the U.S. or elsewhere in the West.

But in the muslim countries ...

See the difference yet? You'd have to be some kind of blind not to.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Wonder where you got that there are 500,000 nazis in the U.S.? Sounds like a way over inflated number to me. No matter, though, because you are helping prove a point here. Nazis are bad anywhere they exist, however, just how many of them do you see threatening the head of iran, rioting in the streets, or doing anything except marching every once in awhile in their ridiculous hooded robes? And they get stomped on by the law if they ever stray from that. Same is true of any radical group that exists in the U.S. or elsewhere in the West.

But in the muslim countries ...

See the difference yet? You'd have to be some kind of blind not to.

yes I picked a belief group, then I put down a number that would equal less then 1% of the US population. But anyway, how can you know how many nazis are in the US, they don't look any certain way. Yea because you know comparing the US security to a third world country whos population is starving is really a fair comparison.
"we are one of the richest most technologically advanced countries in the world, if we can track our extremists you guys should be able to too." meanwhile they don't even have the funds for hospitals and their people are starving. sounds like they are really fit to do the job in alot of these countries.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
If they do attack the pope could this truley become the religous war prophecised?
Although the pope has become a bit out of touch, with the whole condoms in south africa, homsexual stuff..He is probably the worlds most dominant religous figure.
Look at the outpouring for John Paul II, granted he was worthy of such praise, but how many people would of been there if he had of been a regular person doing those deeds?

What did John Paul I read, that ended up costing him his life?

Perhaps the palpacy being destroyed results in the final condemnation of man.
WW3.

If the pope is assinated, I cant see the worlds chrisitans taking up arms and murdering muslims..

But I can see muslims publically airing there delight, and there acceptance that Allah has reigned and is now the dominant religion of this planet. And that will do nothing but bring more criticism, and ill thoughts about Muslims, and Allah.

I fear the pope is going to fall victim to a finatical muslims will,
DAnish newspaper cartoonists brought great attention on themselves for there cartoons. They are mere no bodies, and them being killed wouldnt of brought much gain for anyone.

But the pope is a major figure in a religios following that is remmeber for its crusuades.
The pope criticising Allah, is a major wound in the muslim mind, and he is definately a worthy figure, a headlining incident should it a occur.
IS this how it is going to start?

Something that 1 in 2 people have no care for what so ever, could ultimately effect every human on the planet?

Religion. Why have we allowed a mythical, theoretical belief, created to give us inspiration and faith to become the primary reason in our destruction?

I like to believe that good banished evil from this world long before man or creature walked the earth. Evil promised to return in a form no one would ever know, and slowly recapture the essence of hate and infect the world.

Evil, or the devil has come back to earth as religion.
No one ever expected it, but he managed to infect us with something that seemed positive, but all it really did was set us against each other.

Honestly,

We are all human beings.
Political lines mean nothing as to WHO we are.
Colour, voice, texture all result on physical placement on this piece of space rock.

Why do we need to seperate ourselves based on how we want to love, live and view the world?
Why do you need to point in a certain direction, at a certain point of the day and praise your lord with set speaches?
Why must I attend a gathering every sunday, prey and apologise for my doings?

Why cant I just hug, love and listen and preach my own good will as a desire to love and learn?

Congratulations to the devil himself. He has succeeded.
Mankind is on a collission course, all because one god forbids us from worshipping another god.

I dont blame muslims as people, I blame the religion that has infected them.
Either way, it will be you me and every man that suffers in the war that is coming.

Will this be how it is decided? Will you fight with the man standing next to you because you want to help, your fellow man?
Or will you attack him, because he chooses to believe something you dont.

[edit on 18-9-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
What if every non muslim leader in the world said yes we all agree the Pope was right and say everything about Islam is wrong. Will they riot or will say hay we are out numbered here the world has many more people than us Muslims. Would they get it then? We are the opposite of the middle east and get over it as we have centries ago about moving out of islamic lands to leave you decide your own fates.

So once they understand we can be as loud as them will they finaly get it? guess not they would rather explode than live.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
All I got to say about all this is BRING IT ON!!!! This one Catholic who is ready to fight for his religious convictions!! This is a religious war,and a clash of civilasations..Muslims are going out of their way to pick a fight with our society as a whole.Lets face it people,our way of life in the western and european world's are based on early christian traditions and beliefs.It's a slap on the face of Islam.What we are seeing now is an eruption of the crusades in our lifetime.If we lay down or roll over to appease these people,we might as well all go down to nearest CAIR office,pick up our prayer rugs and beads,get a copy of the koran,face Mecca,call ourselves Mohamed,put our wives in Burkas-pull our daughters out of schools and make them second class citizens.No thanks!! I'd rather die fighting than see that happen
::

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
You arrange your own transportation. How foolish can everyone be for "beliefs"? Let's make it a reality show and televise it. The saddest commentary on society yet....

"Bring it on" indeed. I remember another fool who said that and you see where it's gotten us.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I cannot believe some of the posts here. :shk:
The sentiments expressed here are good examples of why the world is the way it is.
This thread has gotten far off topic.

In an attempt to return to the original idea, let me remind everyone:

Originally posted by Umbrax
The opening post points out that a Muslim extremist group is demanding more of an apology for the Pope’s comments. The opening poster’s reaction is to demand that Muslims apologize for the actions of others of which they had no involvement in.

If we cannot stay on that topic and keep going into what I've seen in the last few pages, this thread will be moved to SlugFest or closed.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ARNOMANNN
All I got to say about all this is BRING IT ON!!!! This one Catholic who is ready to fight for his religious convictions!!

I'm not muslim nor do I even like the religion. However, I will be standing in your way if it comes to that. None of this violence is acceptable.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Thats what protesters all over the world are demanding.

Arabs say that the Pope has insulted Islam and
so they now want to kill the Pope and take over Vatican.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Telegraph

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
My apology to all... I seem to not have been eloquent enough to get inside the my side/your side issues that are arising here. GrimReaper could only see that I was trying to incite. Little did he realize, probably due to my poor abilities, to make him see that someone is going to have to stand down.

It is not unreasonable to be a non-muslim, regardless the color, sex, or place of national origin, and feel like the muslim world is spoiling for and spiraling to a fight.

Let me try one more time then I will leave it. The vocal and extreme side of the Muslim seems to be the one grabbing the press, creating the brouhaha, and causing everyone else to get their backs up and their ammunition gathered? So be it. I keep hearing how the Muslims do not want war - are peaceful to the extreme - can't understand why we, the US, or perhaps, other Western people distrust them and want to profile them, etc.

The point I guess I should have simply come out and stated is that :

The insanity has to stop somewhere this side of a war, else it will, in fact, be a horror.

Next point - If the World of Muslim is so bent on peace, why is nobody doing anything to silence the radical/vocal/extremist Muslims? It appears to me, and I don't only watch US News, that Muslims in many different places are taking huge amounts of personal umbrage.

If the Pope means so little as several of you have posted here, then why is there such a furor over the rantings and ravings of an inconsequential individual.

I don't understand the need to have someone knock the chip off of someone elses shoulder. Someone needs to stifle the extremists, and at least give peace a chance. Much like the are not doing in Iraq... Hard to kill Iranians, hard to kill Americans in any number, so let's kill fellow Iraqi....

C'mon! If you are serious about not having a war, put down the freakin' gun. Put away the IED stuff. Get cooperative with your fellow man, get the Americans out. It should be obvious by now that the killing and war-like ways are not going to work.

My simple definition of insanity is to continuously perform the same action, perpetually, and expect different responses.

Someone has to stop the insanity. If not the peace loving Muslim people, then who?

Balls in your court. In the end, there's no right or wrong if you're dead.

Perhaps I've over spoken my position again... God/Allah!!! I hope not.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Beezer
hat is a wonderful idea dark knight - all out war is what it should be.

No more bowing down and biting our tongues

Lemme get this straight:
THe pope says islam is violent.
Muslims react to this violently.
We're all ticked at this, and want to react violently.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86
I keep hearing how the Muslims do not want war - are peaceful

And all of hear the same thing from President Bush.

How much he loves "peace" and "freedom".

But them we get to witness wars, illegal invasions and Guatanamo bay.

Peace and Freedom are cheap words which anyone can use.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy
And all of hear the same thing from President Bush.

How much he loves "peace" and "freedom".

But them we get to witness wars, illegal invasions and Guatanamo bay.

Peace and Freedom are cheap words which anyone can use.

If you wouldn't mind me expounding on that. Such as this president and his flawed ways should not be construed as actions taken by all citizens, the actions of a few flawed Muslims should not be used to represent all of them. Most people I meet from out of the country have no problem with American citizens, it's the madmen in DC that they have issues with.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by Mr Beezer
hat is a wonderful idea dark knight - all out war is what it should be.

No more bowing down and biting our tongues

Lemme get this straight:

Ah, the way of things!

Sometimes you simply can no longer accept being hit in the face anymore, and you have to fight back.

If they kill the Pope, which I have confirmed my loyalties to, then yes I see no reason why I have no right to fight his murderers.

Maybe no one opposing this is Catholic, maybe they don't understand that in the Catholic Church it is accepted that the Pope is Gods voice on earth, that he leads the Holy See, and we all as Catholics Confirm loyalties to the Church.

What you also do not seem to understand is the level they take the Church in Spain, in Italy, in parts of France, in Central America.. over 1billion Catholics world wide.

You think that there will be no violent outcry over an assasination of our Pope by another religion, by someone who claims to be a VOICE OF ISLAM whether or not they are or are not, the response by many will be the same.

Is violence bad, sure, don't want to hurt innocent Muslims, then maybe they should for once PROTEST AGAINST RADICAL ISLAM!!!

But they won't.. because they accept it.

I do not think there will be burning mosques or murderering anyone Arab looking in the streets of America, I do however think it will persuade heads of state and many voters in America to support the "war on terror" and an un-official crusade.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Lemme get this straight:

Haha, perfect way to sum it up. Sad, but true.

The only way to end this cycle of violence is to find another way of dealing with these issues.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
To have a danish paper put a cartoon of allah resulting in worldwide condemnation and clashes,

one can only imagine the ramifications of the worlds christian leader, publically stating his ground, to a worldwide audience.

Why dont the muslims, elect someone of holy statute within there ranks to speak for the muslims, and to publically address this issue head on with the pope, instead of allowing all climates of finatical to passive muslims venting there anger around the world?

Who, as non muslims do we have to go to, when we are outraged by the killings done in the name of allah?
If there were christian warriors, running around the globe TODAY killing muslims in the name of Jesus, the POPE would be front line and centre fighitng for the 'christian side' of the argument.

The Muslim community needs a figure head, this will be the antichrist.

If the leader of the christian faith is killed, in the name of allah...Could this be classed as a religous battle?
Have the crusades finally caught up to the christian leaders?

Isnt what we are doing in Iraq effectivley the west attempting to break the finatical muslims back, to stop further killings in the name of god?

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Agit, Islam is a very fractured religion. Sunnis and Shias are just one example. They'd never allow a mutual spokesman.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Since the Pope has tried to straighten things out and appologize, now ArchBishop Pell in Sydney, Australia is backing the Popes original statement and inciting more problems.

International Herald Tribune

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Shia Vs Sunni

Maybe we should pull out of Iraq, and let these two factions go at it?
How can we have a uniformed understanding of each others religion, when there's not even a uniform understanding within a certain religion.

Maybe it is time,

How long after seeing '' breaking news, pope benedict assinated in car bomb ''
will hard line christians take the streets and start a mob rule against muslims?

Could the USA effectivley round up and isolate muslims for there own protection?
Further inciting hatred for the west resulting in that impending attack alqaeda supposidly have had prepared for all this time?

Even if the pope withdrew his comment, I cannot imagine this anger dying over.
A man cant say something, to a public forum.. then pul it back expecting it to of never been heard,

words have been said, a religion has been offended...
and the punishment has been stated.

Its just another aspect of todays already troubled world.
Aside from Terrorism, Economic Debt, Occupational Resistance, contempt of governemnt we now have religous woes adding to the ever increasing threat in the air, that this spring mankind has been twisting for so long is bound to snap.

But where will it snap, and what will result on the surrounding factions?

Im excited for the world, we are going to live in once it has happened.
Im scared for the world, while we are in transission.
Im curious as to who will emerge in there involvment of kicking it off.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
What really annoys me is that ive spent my whole life being a christian, whilst not really bothering with the formalities of it but still i call myself a christian.

Now when i see someone walk down the street with a t shirt on saying 'jesus is a #' i dont blink an eyelid, i certainly dont chop off the tshirt wearing persons head, because i believe in free speech.

The muslim community have got to lighten up a little or we are really looking at an all out religeous war, which is just pointless really. Unfortunatly the Muslims are not going to stand down over their belief that what was said was wrong and everyone else is gonna suffer, well im so glad they are a friendly, peaceful race or i might be worried about people choping my head off or planting car bombs near my family.

And if ive upset any muslims among us then im sorry, but with the way the world is going and recent reports then id rather keep my distance because you all seem to lack a sence of humour and a knowledge of when to give up on the whole my religeon is being victimised, it happens to all religeons so shut the f**k up

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join