It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brits To Take Orders From Talking Cameras

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
you can bet this is going to be part of my upcoming song
its going to be very political song, definately going to be ATS material. Stay tuned, the worlds changing, time to change the world.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by simo
This is a dismaying sign to say the least, people are obviously so afraid of their communities and the threat 'of terror' they are willing to sacrifice some of their freedoms to feel 'safer'

This has nothing to do with "terror", but a rather real threat that plagues the Uk right now; yobs. For those that do not live in the Uk, especially in the towns and cities, it is something that is hard to understand.

I think it's rather amusing, actually. The possibility of people being publibly shamed is quite a good idea. Do the US not practice this with the sandwhich boards and such like? It's similar in idea to the stocks of days gone by.

The major problem with the yob culture we have is people committing anti-social acts and the anonimity of being able to get away with it, either because no one notices, or because they are wearing "hoodies" or what not to escape identification. Imagine if they were singled out in the middle of the act they were doing, the rest of the public in the surrounding area would instantly be attracted to what they were doing and either stop them, or make them so hummiliated they would stop themselves.

Truth is, if people had more respect for each other, these things wouldn't be used.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I would have to agree having them in our streets, if it is going to stop muggins, racial attacks, fighting then Ii am all for it.

But remember sometimes CCTV cameras have been abused. Remember the two operators who were charged for filming a female getting changed in her bedroom.

So the CCTV can be open to misuse.

Iif it stops people doing things she should not be doing. Then yes they should be installed.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
The major problem with the yob culture we have is people committing anti-social acts and the anonimity of being able to get away with it, either because no one notices, or because they are wearing "hoodies" or what not to escape identification.

What leads you to believe that people don't notice as it is? Perhaps they do and they do not wish to risk getting involved in an incident that could lead them to getting attacked. Even if something does happen, they are wearing hoodies as you say so they can't be easily identified on camera. Your average mugging and such can't last more than a couple of minutes at most anyway so by the time Police are dispatched the crim is already down the road. It's going to happen anyway whether people agree with it or not, I just hope for the sake of people living in Middlesborough that the system doesn't become abused in future. I know if it were to be installed in my city I'd fight it and would rather take my chances, you have to draw the line somewhere from when the quest for security infringes on our lifestyle. One example of the system failing. Perhaps there is a peaceful protest in the city, it would be hard to get a point across if you had a loud speaker telling you to turn around and leave. Who's to say that won't happen?

[edit on 18/9/2006 by simo]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
If it's a peaceful protest, and meets legal requirements, then the loudspeaker stays silent.

The loudspeaker can also be an alert mechanism if something is happening that the public's attention should be drawn to. Pickpockets for example. And while most people do notice stuff like littering, few actually say anything. I think it would be great to say "we gave you a nice warning, offered you a chance to pick it up, and you ignored it. Here's a hefty fine."

This whole topic really is a mountain out of a mole hill. You're already on camera, why are people so concerned that those cameras now have a voice?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join