It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's talk about the greek Gods for a change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 04:59 AM
link   
www.classicalmythology.org...
MENIPPUS: Was it for this then that the thousand ships were launched from all of Greece, and so many Greeks and non-Greeks fell and so many cities were destroyed?

How do you people see this kind of information? I mean, the ships weren't of the Greece themselves, because the citys were destroyed. Would it have been ships at sea then they couldn't have destroyed city's. Tell me, does anybody see in this the 1.000 years cycle of Satan?

(I am not going to say Satan was the really bad person, because that Satan was in his turn also the one who died fighting for the lives of the Egyptians).

Great goddess, goddess Cybele, goddess, Lady of Didymus, let all your fury be far from my house. Drive others to frenzy, drive others mad.

www.classicalmythology.org... About Tantalus, and the punishment.

balkansnet.org...
Titans knew the difference between the myths and the reality. Mortals don't. They know nothing about the heavy stone that hovers above Tantalus's head rocking like a pendulum, threatening to kill Tantalus, but never actually doing it. They know nothing about that the half of the "promised land" is a thin layer of sand, as unstable as the rock above Tantalus, waiting to sink in the ocean.

Isn't this the saying that the Gods can kill us at ease if they want to, that we don't know anything about the heavy stone which can punish us as is described at the "Torments of Tantalus"?

It is clearly said that Titans (of the Gods) knew the difference between reality and myths, and mortals (we) don't. That we don't know anything about the rock, the promised land, which could kill us all. Just like the 1.000 ships destroyed many Greek citys.

Site of Oxfort with some ancient mythology.

I don't know if you understand why I am opening this topic... not all the information I gave here are really related to eachother... but I don't see here anybody naming the greece mythology, while if you read it, you might think the Gods aren't that good at all...

The main point in my story is that the Gods did destroy many cities (not only in the Bible) and in Greece they destroyed cities with 1.000 ships. That must have been a lot of damage... also the Gods say we don't know anything about the threath which is there... the "Torments of Tantulus" and that that torment is meant for us (the mortals).

I hope I have given you an interesting view in the other side of the story

Ps. any addition information would be nice

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Well, I don't see any relation to Christianity in all that and I'm not sure where you think you're going with this.

Originally posted by LeenBekkemaa

For those of you NOT familiar with it, it's a link to one of my favorite pieces, "The Frogs," by Aristophanes. Funny, funny play!

MENIPPUS: Was it for this then that the thousand ships were launched from all of Greece, and so many Greeks and non-Greeks fell and so many cities were destroyed?

Yes, supposedly a large fleet went to rescue Helen of Troy (a thousand ships or so.)

How do you people see this kind of information? I mean, the ships weren't of the Greece themselves, because the citys were destroyed. Would it have been ships at sea then they couldn't have destroyed city's. Tell me, does anybody see in this the 1.000 years cycle of Satan?

Read the phrase again. The ships were Greek. And they carried warriors. The war lasted for a good 20 years (remember Odysseus? He was trying to get home after the 20 year war ended) And yes, a few cities were destroyed.

(I am not going to say Satan was the really bad person, because that Satan was in his turn also the one who died fighting for the lives of the Egyptians).

Erm... where did THIS come from? Greeks did not believe in Satan (he's a fairly new concept) and Egyptians did not believe in Satan. Niether religion had any equivalent god.

And what's this "1000 year cycle of Satan" about?

I'm not sure where you think you're going with the Cybele information, either. I know that a feature of some of the Greek worship of gods included a "divine frenzy" and "divine madness" where individuals would be 'possessed' and do some rather unpleasant things. However, Cybele wasn't Satan or satanic.

And the Titans were gods, most of whom were killed by Zeus. The rulers had a bad habit of castrating the former rulers. The balkansnet site, while interesting, doesn't contain any factual information about them.

Here's the real scoop:
www.desy.de...

Where are you going with all that information?

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The thousand ships were of God, and destroyed the cities. The Greek don't have Satan? What about hades and Hermes? No link between Egypt and the Bible? Please, they believed Isis was the reincarnation of Mary, the mother of Jezus. And Horus fought against Seth (Lucifer). Lucifer was the only one who helped the Egyptians in their feight against the God of Christ, and Lucifer lost, and after that the Egyptian army was drowned.

Men even the Koran confirmes Allah came from Sirius, just like Isis, they are the same Gods.

Egyptians didn't believe in Satan? Satan was their only help in the Gods war against the God of Christ.

I don't know where you are going with such posts...

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Oke wait, about the idea that the God of the Egyptians and the God of Christ were the same I am pretty sure. Also the idea that Lucifer was the only one which helped the Egyptians against death I am sure.

But perhaps those ships were real ships (I mean greek ships)... but I have also reasons to think they were really the ships of the Gods.

First: of all 1.000 is a huge amount...

Second: many Greece and non-Greece were killed...

HERMES: But Menippus, you did not see the woman when she was alive; you too would have said it worthwhile "to suffer sorrows so much time for such a woman." [Iliad 3. 157.] For if one looks at flowers when they are dry and have lost their hues, obviously they will seem ugly; but when they are in bloom and have their color they are most beautiful.

Third: it looks to me that the Gods destroyed those cities, because Menippus asked Hermes why they did...

But it could be I'm wrong at this point...

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   
and bound my ancestors up with this non-sense...

hail-zues, does that sound familar?

it should after the roman empire infiltrated christianity several things about the messiah(CHRIST) were changed...

in reference to you attempting to satan to greek and khemetian religious infrastructure they were not present as byrd said earlier...
seth was present but his tendency was jealousy, there was no mention of any type of malevolent demonic satanic being untill the romans and roman history...
read more books about the past versus the lies you have been fed via opinions...

actually cassius and his brother (founders of rome) were supposedly raised by wolves in the wilderness, i dont know if this has anything to do with the supposed devil that is non-existant, for the exception of what people create, but in the history of the greeks and khemetians, which were pretty close, no mention of devil-sorry try again...

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   
You are saying the whole time I am wrong, I am talking nonsense... where are your links to websites, where are your real arguments?

Lucifer wasn't with the Greece? There weren't 1.000 ships which destroyed many cities, and the person which asked Hermes why they did it, a God...

Lucifer wasn't spoken of... while there was spoken of all kinds of Gods?

Lucifer was driven by Jealousy? Well then he got 1/3th behind him, that's an awfull lot, certainly if you see that heaven was perfect... then 1/3th. would be almost impossible...

Or was Lucifer the Good one, and God was bad?

I am giving nonsense away now, or aren't I? Well perhaps... perhaps not. Let's see...

Introduction
People think God is such a good person, while Satan represents evil. God would be in all of us, and we would be bad if we don�t have faith in God and turn to Satan�s side. It looks so sure that Satan is the evil one, and God the almighty which is good� what if it turns out not to be?

Satan also called Lucifer means �Bringer of the light� and he was therefore also Gods best angel. He however turned against God, and was banished to burn, while he got 1/3th of the angels on his side. Did you ever thought about how many 1/3th actually is� it is quite a lot if you think about it� and it is certainly a lot if you realise that Lucifer and the 1/3th of the angels knew they would face certain death (with 2/3th against you that is not to hard to understand).

Then why did they follow Lucifer?
If we take a look at the God which we honour so much, then we would see that that was the God which let the Israelites steal from the Egyptians, that it was the God which let all the firstborns of the Egyptian civilisation die, that it was the God which destroyed the city�s and let the whole Egyptian army drown. That he is the God which want�s to be honoured in order to get to heaven, and that he is the God which will make the Apocalypse happen.

Many believe that Isis (the Goddess of the Egyptians) is the reincarnation of Mary. Isis made Horus to defeat Seth (the evil one). Horus won, but there had began a whole war between the Gods. If Isis was the reincarnation of Mary, then Horus would have been Jesus, and Seth would have been Lucifer. Gods choose for Lucifer�s side, while other Gods choose the side of Jesus.

The war of the Gods
I think this is the God war which Lucifer lost because what do we read in the other stories. Moses came with his God (the God of Christ) and he send plagues to the Egyptians. The Egyptians in their turn wend themselves to their Gods� but isn�t there just one God? Apparently not, because the God of Christ fought against the Gods of the Egyptians, as is told in the bible itself.

The God of Isis (Sirius) betrayed the Egyptians, and they went to pray for another God, after which the war of the Gods began. Isn�t this just again the battle between Lucifer and the God of the Christians? The God of the Christians gave plagues to the Egyptians, let the firstborns die, and the Egyptians wend themselves to Lucifer, because he was the only help for the Egyptians, he was the only one which could save them.

Lucifer lost
Lucifer with his 1/3th of the angels of the Angels lost, and you also see that after the battle the God of Christ let the whole Egyptian army drown. Lucifer was the only help for the Egyptians, and he lost against Moses and Jesus. Therefore we also see the pyramid of Chefren is for example 66,6 pyramid inches high, and that there are also pointed shafts to Orion (Lucifer).

Why do shafts then still lead to God
Perhaps you start wondering� then why are there also many shafts leading to Sirius (God). Because the Egyptians have been betrayed by God, they first worshipped him, but then God turned against them, and the only one which helped them was Lucifer. After Lucifer lost the Egyptian army was drowned, so perhaps it is not such a wonder that there aren�t many shafts leading to Orion� there weren�t many left to build the pyramids.

Lucifer, the so-called evil, was the only one who died trying to keep the Egyptians alive, to do not let the Apocalyps happen for the Egyptians. When Lucifer lost, the whole Egyptian army was drown by God. Lucifer and his following angels were the ones who gave their lives, in the hope that God wouldn't be able to kill so many persons... to prevent all the first children to die...

Lucifer was the only help which they got against the goodness of the God of Christ, which let them all drown.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeenBekkemaa
The thousand ships were of God, and destroyed the cities.

Could you give me some proof of this? The text you're quoting is a fiction... a play by one of the golden era playwrights. This isn't Hebrew history. This is Greek.

Greek ships. Troy. Well known history.

The Greek don't have Satan?

Quite correct. No Satan. The ancient Greeks never heard of him and the Philosophers would have laughed to hear the concept.

What about hades and Hermes?

Hades was a place where the spirits went after death. It didn't matter if you were good or evil, EVERYbody went there. The god, Hades ruled the place but was not a 'devil'. He wasn't evil.

He was a Titan and drew straws with Zeus and Poseidon (his brothers) to see who would rule what area. Hades drew the straw that said 'underworld.'
www.loggia.com...

No link between Egypt and the Bible? Please, they believed Isis was the reincarnation of Mary, the mother of Jezus.

Who believed this?

You see, Isis is a MUCH older goddess than Mary. Isis was one of the first female goddesses worshipped... some of her temples date to more than 1,000 BC.
www.philae.nu...

Isis could not have been a "reincarnation" of Mary. That would mean that Isis was a newer goddess than Mary.

And Horus fought against Seth (Lucifer).

A solo combat, after Set/Seth killed Osiris. Jesus did not kill Satan and Satan did not kill Jehovah.

Lucifer was the only one who helped the Egyptians in their feight against the God of Christ, and Lucifer lost, and after that the Egyptian army was drowned.

That isn't in the Bible, you know. Yes, there's the bits about the Egyptian army drowing as they chase the Israelites, but there was no combat and the Bible doesn't mention any help for the Egyptians.

Egyptian and other records fail to mention this Bible story, by the way.

Men even the Koran confirmes Allah came from Sirius, just like Isis, they are the same Gods.

Do tell. Please point out the verse in the Koran that says "Allah comes from the star, Sirius." And the one that says "Isis comes from Sirius."

I don't know where you got this information from, but it does contradict the Bible and the Koran and almost everything else (including the Egyptian Book of the Dead.)

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

The Greek don't have Satan?

Quite correct. No Satan. The ancient Greeks never heard of him and the Philosophers would have laughed to hear the concept.

Yep, true... The concept of Satan originated in another religion (Zoreastranism)

No link between Egypt and the Bible? Please, they believed Isis was the reincarnation of Mary, the mother of Jezus.

Who believed this?

You see, Isis is a MUCH older goddess than Mary. Isis was one of the first female goddesses worshipped... some of her temples date to more than 1,000 BC.
www.philae.nu...

Isis could not have been a "reincarnation" of Mary. That would mean that Isis was a newer goddess than Mary.

Allthough I've never heard of this... Wordplay can be used here. Perhaps they believed that Isis was a previous incarnation of Mary. Who knows..

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
you are correct, for one exception the book of the"" was called the book of life and later changed by those who did not complete the 42 years in the temple of waset, who thought since there were many refrences to afterlife it was a book of dead practices...

this isis thing is a simple ploy of words as well, the story of horus and other stories of coming messiahs were interchangably attributed to CHRIST after his death...

[Edited on 6-11-2003 by bigsage]

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
thriceholy.net... Englisch
www.kuran.gen.tr...
Dutch see number 49.

And the Refaim in Israel was build by the Giants according to the bible...

bible.ort.org...
As giants, they might be considered Rephaim, but the Moabites called them Emim.

The Refaim pointed to Sirius when it was build... Allah says to come from Sirius... coincidence? No because we all know that Allah and the God of the Bible are the same, Mohammed was just the last profet. And from the Bible read the Gospel from Thomas...

www.gnosis.org...
114. Simon Peter said to them, "Make Mary leave us, for females don't deserve life."

Does sound like the same God to me...

Now Isis is by coincidence also the God of Sirius... Just like the Dogontribe, the Sumerians with Nibiru and the Mayans with their aligned buildings...

The story of Horus and Jesus fits exactly in the story of Lucifer... Horus fought against Seth (Lucifer) and there became a God war... some choose for Seth, others for Horus... Do we look at Lucifer we see he got 1/3th behind him...

What does happen to the Idea Isis was there earlyer then Mary if they were really the same? If Isis just presented herself earlyer to the Egyptians...

And yes there is spoken in the Bible about Moses and the Gods of the Egyptians... Moses with his snake ate all of the other snakes if I remember correctly... and the Gods of the Egyptians were very real if you see the mythology of the Egyptians... the war of the Gods because of Seth and Horus...

The God of Christ let the plagues happen... to who were the Egyptians praying? To Lucifer? The Lucifer which tried to save the Egyptians? And yes the whole Egyptians army was drowned...

Why is it impossible that Isis wasn't the reincarnation of Mary? Because Isis was before Mary? But if they were both the same... but just looked different (hey the Gods of the Egyptians have many shapes) what then? Yes, then you would have to say that they both claimed to come from Sirius... just like Allah claims to come from...

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Ps. Satan became against God at some time... were perhaps the religions which didn't heard of Satan created before Lucifer wend against God...

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 10:24 AM
link   
A solo combat, after Set/Seth killed Osiris. Jesus did not kill Satan and Satan did not kill Jehovah

Hey this is interesting... Satan tried to kill God... therefore God created someone... Jesus... which would kill Satan... it fits perfectly in the Egyptian mythologie.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   
www.ra-horakhty.co.uk...
The simularitys between Isis and Mary.

www.wisdomworld.org...
"Immaculate is our Lady Isis," is the legend around an engraving of Serapis and Isis, described by King, in "The Gnostics and their Remains" -- the very terms applied afterwards to that personage (the Virgin Mary) who succeeded to her form, titles, symbols, rites, and ceremonies.

www.wisdomworld.org...
Isis is the Virgin-Mother, sister and wife of Osiris and mother of Horus. She is "the woman clothed with the sun" of the land of Chem. In the litany apostrophizing her, she is the "Immaculate Lady," "Queen of Heaven," "Illustrious Isis, most powerful, merciful and just," titles transferred entire or with slight change to the Virgin-Mary.

www.instant-essays.com...
Almah Mari, previously known to me as "The Virgin Mary". This book put into perspective the goddess side and helped me to understand more about what was and what came to be of Almah Mari and Mari Anath. One thing that stood out for me in

The Moon Under Her Feet was the traces that Almah Mari and Mari Anath experienced. The first time I became aware of them was when Almah was preparing for her marriage to Sharon. It was then that she discovered she was Isis and it brought about many experiences that Isis went through during her life.

A book written about it

What if Mary and Isis were the same? What would happen to the idea of the Good God and the idea that Lucifer was that Bad? And perhaps the religions which didn't know about Satan were told before Satan turned his back against God... The same Lucifer which also tried to save the Egyptians...

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Ps. I don't know much about the Greek I must admit, but because I know that there is also spoken of ships in other religions, exept then they are really of the Gods..

1.000 seems to be a lot... and why did he asked Hades why they did it?

Isn't it possible that also here ships of the Gods are meant... or is it sure that it were the ships of the Greek themselves...

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The one Greek name i'm interested in...is the KingAngel
of the bottomless pit: A-pol'ly-on

or in the Hebrew tongue: A-bad'don

(aka the First Woe of Revelations)

~~~
in the what-might-have-been department...the golden era of greece, had it survived and endured-evolved, has been reflected in lots of fictions & star trek episodes, and si-fi fantasy....google up

hey, isn't TROY, the movie with that Leo-nar-do the Cappicino (or sumthin) getting promos right now ?!....

?contrived syncronicity? STEALTH Advertising???

u-b-d-judge......

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
SOMETIME LATER...i returned to thread...
ah ha, the kiss of deff hit your meme...seems to follow me...

Anyhow--> consider this thought: by VOLTAIRE

((("History is the lie commonly agreed upon")))
~~~~

ALTERNATIVE HISTORY::: myths & ledgends & gods....

www.thwww.com...

~~~~
my friend, the blend of myth/religion/metaphysics/morphology you have is different from the ~judocristan~roman~sumerian timeline...pan & satyrs are only wisps, snakes are forever evil/sinful etc...

thry the link above...you might want to have a shepherds staff or a walkin stick ....4 major paths/300+trails....OPEN to everyone...

top topics

join