It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA + RFID tags....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   
www.spychips.com...

woah have a look at this little piece of info - and watch the flash movie linked in the text.

Now i can understand why levis have put RFID tags in their jeans and clothes, and why the goverment want it installed in people.....

It seems that soon you will not be able to travel or buy stuff without having your RFID tag..... thats not a nice thought at all!

Oh and spychips.com has loads of weird stuff in it and is well worth a look through.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
Now i can understand why levis have put RFID tags in their jeans and clothes, and why the goverment want it installed in people.....

Huh? Where did you get that from? They are in Levi's already?

Watching the video all that went through my mnd was all the abuses this type of technology can be subjected to.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   

"Companies like Levi Strauss are painting their RFID trials as innocuous," observes Albrecht. "But this technology is extraordinarily dangerous. There is a reason why we have asked companies not to spychip clothing. Few things are more intimately connected with an individual than the clothes they wear." [/exe]

[edit on 18-9-2006 by D4rk Kn1ght]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Is that off the same sight linked above? I can't find it.

Can we get a proper link? (and I think you need to properly [ e x ] tag that quote)

[edit on 9/18/2006 by Relentless]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
www.portalsmag.com...

and as for all that proper malarky...im still trying to get a grip with it....

Sorry.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Thanks for the link. As for the malarky, I think you better check this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You come across good info to share, hate to see you run a foul of the T & C.

It's very easy, I just sent you a U2U showing you how.

Edit: You almost got it! Just an extra "e" in the end of your quote. [ / e x ] not [/exe].

Sorry you lost part of your post

[edit on 9/18/2006 by Relentless]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Guess ill just post links from now on and save all the re-edits an loseing the stuff i posted??!!??

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Well Dark, I am sorry you feel that way, especially since it's time someone started compiling a list of all the things that may be chipped at this point. It does seem to be a topic that is quietly going unnoticed.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I did a bit of research on RFID recently, as it stands the protocol is too insecure and it's usually completely unecessary to have a globally unique identifier. They've already started putting the chips in library books, so the government doesn't have to go through library transaction records to look for "undesirables" who take out certain books. All they have to do is keep a list of identifier codes corresponding to the books they want to keep an eye on (plus they'll know which library you borrowed the book from) and whenever you go near any RFID readers which have logs that the government has access to, they can use the logs to trace a physical path of your movements. Since the government also buys/obtains phone/medical/credit records, they can mine those in union with RFID reader logs and try and determine your identity.

Scary stuff, but there are efforts in place to improve the security of RFID chips (I think it'd be silly to throw away the technology entirely without trying to solve privacy concerns first). Drafts of new RFID protocol standards include features like public key encryption and a function to assign a "trust" value to a reader depending on how far away it is.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   
www.ubisense.net...

OK have a look at this above link, and see just how far they are prepared to go with RFID tracking and our goods - A whole conference just for RFID tags and the like!!

A RFID tagged house, goods, people.... They are pushing this aggressivly onto the market.. This is not a good start to privacy campaigners day!

(OK the link may be a couple of months old...but its still an aim and goal I never want to see, ever)

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Here's something to add to this discussion.

Battelle, one of the handful of U.S. government contractors, has applied for a patent for bendable RF tags. That's right, bendable, or what they call "FlexiTags."

Sounds so wonderfully marketable, doesn't it. Like, I could imagine, a commercial, "Levi 501 Blues. Now with FlexiTags."

Anyway, it's a scientists egghead read, but if you're curious, read the patent.

Bendable RF tag patent

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
behing the scenes...

They have a stitchable RFID tag - the actual stitching forms the damn thing in a hem or cuff...you wont be able to remove it unless you damage the material itself...

I'll dig up the link for you .

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
www.ti.com...

Not stitchable, but stitched into your clothes from China... this is from 2001...so ill keep trying to find the more recent one.

DK.

top topics

join