It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most irritating things

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Taking me to the wrong page/post whenever I post, reply, edit, click the email subscription notification links, etc. Man that's annoying! Isn't there something that can be done about this? It's my biggest pet peeve. I've already offered to help with this, even. But no interest in fixing this annoyance was shown. Maybe I'm just too much of a perfectionist, being how I run my own board? I would never let such an inconvenience plague my members. There's always a fix.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I'll be away for most of the day, but if you can summarize in a U2U, I'll try to look at your problem tomorrow.

Much of the "bugs" related to what you describe are in the XMB forum code that we're using. Due to the number of modifications and size of the database, conversion to another board system is no longer possible.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I've already told you about this in another thread. We figured out that it's definitely an XMB 1.8 bug. I'd try replacing the viewthread.php with the one from the later version, if it were me.
It's really the same problem as in this thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But if you subscribe to threads, even the link sent via email sends you to the first page, instead of the last. Of course, after you edit a post, you're sent to page #3 in a 5 page thread. (not always that page, but just an example) I edited that other thread, and was sent to page 1.

I was working on the other problem for ya, but I sort of gave up. (I'm guest64) I'm pretty sure these problems are related, since they have the same symptoms.

www.xmbforum.com...

Subscribe to, or edit, any post in any multipage thread and you'll see what I mean. It should go either back to your post (after edit), or to the reply post, if you click the email link.

[Edited on 11-7-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
BTW, I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to one file. (viewthread.php) If you can't figure it out from there, you ain't trying to hard....or at all.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
If you can't figure it out from there, you ain't trying to hard....or at all.

Or busy with other things?

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
you can figure it out william

dynomite

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
William has single-handedly carried out so many modifications to this XMB system it should be renamed after our most dedicated member and drop the XMB title altogether. Saying he is not trying hard enough is a rediculous comment, especially considering this was meant to be a part-time enjoyable hobby on William's part.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Satyr- you could probably just hit back two or three times to go back whence you posted from.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by William

Originally posted by Satyr
If you can't figure it out from there, you ain't trying to hard....or at all.

Or busy with other things?

Well yeah, that too. Sorry. No disrespect intended. I see you've got it licked though. Nice work!

I just felt a tad dissed, since I did quite a bit of foot work for you, and then it just seemed to fall into the "don't care bin". I like helping people out, unless I feel like my efforts aren't appreciated. I mean, I even registered on the XMB help board to try to find the answer for you! After you just stopped replying, I figured you just didn't want to mess with it, after I'd already spent quite a few of my own hours trying to be helpful.
We probably just work with two different methods. See, I can't let things like that go. I stay with the one problem until it's solved, before I move onto installing other hacks. I guess I'm too much of a perfectionist, at times.

Again, sorry William. I think you're alright. I can see how that might've been considered an off color remark.

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by Satyr]

new topics

top topics

join