It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

question about my avatar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
ok ive noticed people have the word writer, moderator , and member (mine) and such on their avatar under their names.

is it possible for me to get the word illiterate there?

just curious, peace

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Writer, Fighter, Scholar, are all titles awarded for various activities. Scholar is for research, Writer for collabrative writing, Fighter for debates.

If you don't participate you get Member or member, and Moderator obviously is staff.

[edit on 9/17/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
yeah i know, but i want the word illiterate. it wouldnt be offensive to anyone because anyone who is illiterate would be incapable of reading it.

i only ask because with all the incredibly intelligent people here, and my piss poor spelling, i feel like im illiterate here sometimes.

peace

now that i think about it, im fine with it just saying member. and if i got mine changed then everyone would want a special title.
peace again

[edit on 17-9-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
To replace your "member" title.....No.....as a custom title purchased in the ATS store.....Yes.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Maybe if you enumerated the qualifications for being deemed an "illiterate", the council could take it up and decide on whether they think there are enough other members that also qualify to where there would be a percentile need for such a title.

I'm just trying to help, of course.

*this is the damnedest request I've ever seen*

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
well i originally was going to ask for illiterate writer but that seemed to contradicting.

so i just went for illiterate.

the reason for it is 57.21% of my post have misspelled words or poor grammar, so i wanted to kinda give people a warning before they flammed me. my brother taught me how to cheat in spelling in elementary school , and i now regret it.

i know i could use spell check, but that would take away from me actually improving my spelling.

Originally posted by kinglizard
To replace your "member" title.....No.....as a custom title purchased in the ATS store.....Yes.

that is why i started this thread because i was wondering if it was changeable at all in the ats store. ty for your help

peace

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

i wanted to kinda give people a warning before they flammed me

No flaming is allowed whether you're illiterate or not. I don't use any spell checkers and I'm sure that most of my posts makes it pretty clear that english is not my first language. Many ATS members don't use english as their first language, they are from all over the world. And some are dyslectic too. Don't worry about your spelling. As long as you do your best and don't break the T&C you'll be fine. If someone flame you for poor spelling, they might be the ones who break the T&C.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
thanks , good reply hellmutt. i havent been flammed for my poor spelling yet and now i think i understand why from your reply.

peace

edited to say, hellmutt i just read your post again, and your english is awesome so you have no worries either.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
As long as people can read your posts and properly understand what you are trying to get across, you should be fine

Of course, there are limits, like txt spch, and you will get flamed for that, but generally if someone doesn't understand something they will post asking for you to make it clearer for them. If you've done the best you can and are still getting people being rude about your typing, then report it to the staff. Don't ever get into arguments with these people.

top topics

join