It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will it take for humanity to unlearn fear, or at least no longer serve it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Most of my threads tend to be long reading. And a lot of people tend to stop paying attention to the words.

So i am taking a page from the gameplan of Greatech, and am simply requesting your input with a short introductory thread.

I was wondering what your personal opinion, or accepted truths tell you about this question:

What will it take to eliminate or "trash bin" a program in our dna which tells us to fear, a program which exists in every cell of our body?

i know people can only justify their hate if they are afraid of losing something they love or have reverence for, even though most of us aren't even consciously aware of this fact.

But, humanity has love and reverence for fear, which is our catalyst and only justification for hate.

So, how conscious does one have to be in order to re-program their own dna sequences?

What does it take to eliminate our need for that which we serve before all else, fear?

I thank you in advance for your contributions.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This could be one way,let fear keep pushing you until you can't take it anymore then you start pushing back,all the way back!!
We could also use anger,maybe,like this-I stand in the face of the fear and say F%%#% YOU!!!!!
I got LOTS AND LOTS OF FEAR,^^^it works sometimes^^^^ F^$%^^
YOU FEAR.Hopefully my brain will learn when fear is USELESS!!

[edit on 17-9-2006 by tormentor]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tormentor
This could be one way,let fear keep pushing you until you can't take it anymore then you start pushing back,all the way back!!
We could also use anger,maybe,like this-I stand in the face of the fear and say F%%#% YOU!!!!!

But, wouldn't we be using what fear has created when we react with hate or anger?

Edited to add:

Aren't they allies?

[edit on 17-9-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Hmmmmm good point.Let me take a closer look.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Hold on,I had a thought.It could be the thought of trying not to screwup things.
For example:I don't want to make mistakes,it could be really embarassing.
Or if I don't be careful I could die.
I think its trying not to be imperfect.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
In what sense are you suggesting unlearning fear, because to me it seems fear has definately places. Criminals fear going to jail, so they sometimes back out of plans to commit crime. Women fear being attacked by some crazed rapist so they dont walk alone in dark parking lots, etc. Fear keeps us from doing stupid things, like driving 150mph down the highway, because we fear dying or being arrested. Would we be better off without that sliver of fear which makes us think twice before doing something stupid or unsafe?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
In what sense are you suggesting unlearning fear, because to me it seems fear has definately places. Criminals fear going to jail, so they sometimes back out of plans to commit crime. Women fear being attacked by some crazed rapist so they dont walk alone in dark parking lots, etc. Fear keeps us from doing stupid things, like driving 150mph down the highway, because we fear dying or being arrested. Would we be better off without that sliver of fear which makes us think twice before doing something stupid or unsafe?

I see your point,a little fear is normal,but I think Esoteric is talking about the people with WAY TOO much fear,like myself.
I gotta say having too much fear can kill me!Fear gives me lots of stress,too much of that can kill me,mentally.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Hold on,I had a thought.It could be the thought of trying not to screwup things.
For example:I don't want to make mistakes,it could be really embarassing.

That is the truth.

We all yearn to belong. We all want to be accepted for who we are.

But, perhaps sometimes we need to "defrag" our minds like we "defrag" our computer. i mean, there has been times in my life where i have done a stupid thing, and wasn't even aware of the "why" of what caused me to do it.

Perhaps our subliminal minds have a greater effect on us, and the way we view our reality, than we are willing to admit most of the time?

Or if I don't be careful I could die.
I think its trying not to be imperfect.

Perhaps sometimes we are trying to hard not to be imperfect that we lie to ourselves, to try to convince ourselves we are closer to perfect than we think?

wow.

i like those thoughts and your contributions. makes me think.

Thanks,
john

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Maybe I need to think more about the positive things more often.Focusing on fear too much is really not healthy(from personal experiences).Lets think,what is the opposite of fear and the opposite of what fear created?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig

You bring up a good point.

i have pondered about this myself. And my thoughts led me to a question, because i did not know the answer.

FOOTNOTE: Sometimes when i am writing in my journal (diary sounds like it belongs to a little girl) hhmmm (clear throat) ... my journal ...

Sometimes when i am writing in my journal, and i ask myself a question that i don't think i know the answer to, i try to just ask the next logical question, or find a question that negates the need for the previous question.

So, i considered this:

**If a person does a deed because they fear the consequences of the of their actions if they do not do the deed, where their intentions still good?

in other words:

**If a person's motivations for their actions and behaviors are due to their fear of the consequences, aren't they still reinforcing the programming in their minds/dna which create fear, hate, anger, rage, etc ..., and are there intentions really good, if they do what they do out of fear?

I'm not sure if a person's intentions are good if they only do what they do out of fear.

does this make sense to anyone else?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Maybe I need to think more about the positive things more often.Focusing on fear too much is really not healthy(from personal experiences).Lets think,what is the opposite of fear and the opposite of what fear created?

This may sound weird, but ... .

Have you ever known you were so right about a thing that it brings up an emotion that you aren't sure what it is?

I know this sounds weird, because it sounds weird to me, but here it goes:

Can "truth" be an emotion?

i think so, sometimes, but it is hard for me to put into words. Not because of my lack of knowing the english language, but because i don't think we have a word for what it is i am trying to describe.

i know that sounds a little deep.

sorry guys, that is the best way i can explain it right now, but i feel there might be some truth in the "truth being an emotion".

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
You could be right Esoteric Teacher.Man,if there's one thing I know its that this world has irony.
Wait a miniute!!!Didn't Lucifer tried to become perfect like GOD,but failed and thus
creating fear,anger and hate???

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   

You could be right Esoteric Teacher.Man,if there's one thing I know its that this world has irony.
Wait a miniute!!!Didn't Lucifer tried to become perfect like GOD,but failed and thus

i have a secret theory i will share with you.

it concerns the bible.

the bible says:

" i am the word "

and ...

" judge not, unless you be judged "

Well, my theory is this:

if the bible says "judge not lest thee be judged"

then it is sort of telling us we don't have the right to judge, unless we be judged, right?

and if the bible (god speaking) says: " i am the word "

then god is also in the word(s), right?

i read some time ago that Sir Isaac Newton believed so much that there was a "bible code", and that he spent alot of time looking for it.

i found out that he believed there was a bible code because of some old story, which was found on scrolls not incorporated into the bible, about Moses's brother Aaron asking Moses a question about the Torah (first 5 books of the old testament).

i don't remember the question Aaron asked, but Moses's reply was:

" Everything that has ever happened, is happening, and will ever happen is encoded into the Torah (* or bible ).

i did a little thinking about this "bible code" nonsense (i thought at the time).

I realized i felt as though the bible was judging me, which it does, doesn't it?

So, here is my theory:

If the bible says "judge not, lest thee be judged", then we can judge the bible, but according to it's own rules. i began to wonder if "god is the word", then what if we applied the same rules in the bible to the bible. Because, if any bible code exists, the bible must be the key to cracking the code within it.

make sense?

like where the bible says: "the meek shall inherit the earth'. Well, if we applied it to the words, then perhaps we should only use lower case letters.

and where the bible talks all the time about the importance of innocents, and the children, if we applied this to the word, then perhaps we should look at the words with the mind of a child, dissregarding all the english rules that don't make sense, and spell out the words the way they sound, phonetically.

make sense?

i bring this up because:

Didn't Lucifer tried to become perfect like GOD,but failed and thus

if hate is a bi-product of fear, and we know fear because of "self preservation", then could Lucifer be the epitome of FEAR???

Luc i fer

hmm, "u" does make the same sound as "oo" almost.

Looc i fer

hmm, "c" makes 2 sounds. one is "k", and the other is "s".

Look i fer

hmm, i know there is no "a" in the "fer", but there is also no "a" sound in "fear".

Look i fear.

Lucifer.

What do you guys think?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I think I need to take a closer look at these bible codes!!!!

Anybody else know how to conquer fear?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
What will it take to eliminate or "trash bin" a program in our dna which tells us to fear, a program which exists in every cell of our body?

A reason to eliminate it would be a good starting point.

[edit on 18-9-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I think I need to take a closer look at these bible codes!!!!

Anybody else know how to conquer fear?

keep a journal.

as you write in it, know ABSOLUTLEY KNOW that no one else shall ever read it.

there will be no one to impress.

there will be no masks or faces to wear.

there will be no reason to lie to yourself, right?

gather your thoughts.

find some that really suck?

can't counter them with a fact, or your best guess?

then find a question that negates the bad thoughts.

Excorcise your mind.

Defrag your first computer, your brain.

it helped me, tremendously, as did my faith in a god.

hope this helps, friend.

thanks for your contributions, you helped me have a nice day.

i like nice days

thanks again,
john.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Fear God.

Do not fear people. Love your fellow neighbor and treat he or she with respect and kindness but do not fear he or she. Fear Perfection for this reverential awe will perfect you, although you will never equal God's perfection. God's Power is Infinitely beyond human power (some physicists say that in science, this universe has 10^68 energy units while the human body only has 10^2 units; His Spiritual Power is of even a greater ratio in my mind); sometimes it takes the concept of a human burning in the fires of Hell for Infinite years to stir reverential awe and fear of God. We always want to put our best Spiritual step forward before God because he is Perfect and we fear that we may make a mistake or sin.

Fear of God is the beginning of wisdom and God is delighted when humans exercise wisdom. If we fear God and are in reverential awe of God, someday we may make it to the Kingdom of Heaven.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
Fear God.

Fear Perfection

Fear of God is the beginning of wisdom and God is delighted when humans exercise wisdom. If we fear God and are in reverential awe of God, someday we may make it to the Kingdom of Heaven.

this is why we do not hear the voice of god. We fear what we do not understand. we fear the unknown.

We fear the unknown.

By fearing god, you flee from god's grace.

the knowledge of fear is what banished adam and eve from paradise, right?

they did not fear god, until they ate the forbiden fruit.

one only fears god if one does not truly love god.

if one truly loved the god of "truth" ....

how could satan or lucifer, or any demon for that matter hold you in bondage, when you are armed with the truth.

if you fear something, there is only two options you can witness or see or consider:

fight or flight.

if you fear god you will only leave yourself 2 possible recourses:

1) you can fight god
2) you can run from god

but you deny yourself the very thing you seek by doing either.

by fearing god, you remain in the dominion of lucifer, for you are a slave to his arsenal: Fear.

and from fear came hate.

hate is satan, a by-product of fear.

how can you honestly justify your hate without first fearing the loss of something you love?

fear is the opposite of love, not hate.

so when you choose to fear god, you do not truly love god.

and, if god is in you, you hold my god captive to your fears, and captive to lucifer.

If you do a deed because you fear the consequences if you don't, where your intentions really good, or just done out of fear?

if you fear, then fear is your god.

you worship and praise fear?

then do you empower god, or do you empower lucifer and satan?

If we fear God and are in reverential awe of God, someday we may make it to the Kingdom of Heaven.

no, not if you are afraid to enter.

and, no, you could not even be able to recognize the Kingdom of Heaven,

you would fear it too much. you would fear the truth?

I saw another member's post that asked the question of "Why we should get rid of fear?", or something to that effect.

Because after 7,000 years of written and recorded history, all of humanity has failed to produce 7 consecutive days without war, killing, and destruction.

we have had about 7,000 years, and in this time we have failed to produce 1 week devoid of war, killing, and destruction.

War, killing and destruction of what?

of god, the one who is everywhere.

what drives us to perform such actions and behaviors?

FEARING GOD!!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
so when you choose to fear god, you do not truly love god.

I fear God and am in reverential awe of Him and I truly Love God and if I do not truly Love God may I die this instant!!!

I am still alive!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Greatech,

why do you extend your will outwards into our shared reality?

why should my actions and behaviors be defined by your fears?

if they are, then:

What is it god fears?

if god has no fears, and i do, how could i even recognize god if i were to meet god?

if my soul was subservant to fear, and god has no fear, was i ever really alive to begin with?

Everything i experience, everything i see, everything i feel, everything i taste, everything i hear, i hold up for comparison to all i accept as true, within the confines of my mind.

and if i hold up every experience for comparison in a mind RULED & DOMINATED by fear, then i do not live.

have you no empathy?

can you not sense what others need and want?

empathy is putting yourself into the shoes of another, and through love understanding their needs, and their wants.

how can one have enough empathy and love to put themselves into the shoes of god to see what it is god needs of you, when your FEAR prevents your love and empathy to do such a thing?

have i ever seen the truth if i am FEAR at the very core of myself?

have i ever heard the truth if i am FEAR at the very core of myself?

have i ever touched the truth if i am FEAR at the very core of myself?

have i ever tasted the truth if i am FEAR at the very core of myself?

Fear enough, and you judge it as evil.

And if you follow a path, and if you lead others down a path that leads you to:

"hear no evil, see no evil, and speak no evil"

you deny yourself all you have chosen to judge as evil, from a veiwpoint and a perspecitve holding on to fear, and afraid to lose it.

hear no, see no, and speak no evil?

Then you are not human in the way god intended you to be.

And if you are an angel, you have fallen from grace.

hear no, see no, speak no evil?

then perhaps you have a lot in common with a

If there is an all powerful, everpresent, all encompassing god, and you are still seeking anything, then you do not know god.

the best you can hope for is to fear. fear god? then you fear reality.

[edit on 18-9-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

<<   2 >>

join