It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obsession: The Movie Exposing Radical Islam

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Originally posted by laiguana

4:91 "Take them and kill them wherever ye find them. Against such We have given you clear warrant."

full verse

[4:91] You will find others who wish to make peace with you, and also with their people. However, as soon as war erupts, they fight against you. Unless these people leave you alone, offer you peace, and stop fighting you, you may fight them when you encounter them. Against these, we give you a clear authorization.

8:12 "I will throw fear into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Then smite the necks and smite of them each finger."

full quote

Lessons from History*

[8:12] Recall that your Lord inspired the angels: "I am with you; so support those who believed. I will throw terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved. You may strike them above the necks, and you may strike even every finger."

[qupte]
21:97 "Behold them, staring wide (in terror), the eyes of those who disbelieve!"

seeing as its talking about the end of the world and not people killing someone

The End of the World*
[21:96] Not until Gog and Magog reappear, will they then return - they will come from every direction.

[21:97] That is when the inevitable prophecy will come to pass, and the disbelievers will stare in horror: "Woe to us; we have been oblivious. Indeed, we have been wicked."

And don't try to lash back at me with biblical verses, because I'm not a christian or a jew. And regardless, I don't see christians or jews or any other religion going around the world inflicting acts of terror like the extremist muslims (which seem to be abundant)

my i suggest you dont take quotes out of contents?

for people that want to read the full quotes for the rest

www.submission.org...
and
holyquran.netfirms.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
So you address two now the other seven should be disregarded. Okay.

Anyways. I suggest anyone concerned about Jihadist Extremism should watch this clip from the Obsession movie:

www.youtube.com...

I think this speaks for itself.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

So you address two now the other seven should be disregarded. Okay.

the links to 2 pages with the full quotes, i just put them there for show.
i mean why would people want to click on them and read the rest of the quotes them selves (to much hassle)

Anyways. I suggest anyone concerned about Jihadist Extremism should watch this clip from the Obsession movie:

www.youtube.com...

I think this speaks for itself.

a biased video?

so please tell me how a video clip from a biased prospective is suppose to do?

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

the links to 2 pages with the full quotes, i just put them there for show.
i mean why would people want to click on them and read the rest of the quotes them selves (to much hassle)

I wish the followers of Islam would only use the Qur'an because there would be a lot more pluarlism and tolerance. When you add the Hadith, then you run into intolerance. Tolerance and loving each other only applies to believers. Non believers are non-beings. We all know what happens to non-beings.

I am interested on your take on this.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What a lame movie I can't believe the propaganda in this film. I swear are these guys getting so desperate for an war against Iran??

If only people knew that most Islamic radicalism was created by spooks outside of the region then this would be laughed out of every living room and theater around the world.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
denythestatusquo is absolutely correct.

More desperate, hastily slapped together propaganda.

The same old world wide Izlamo-Fascist crap. Not to long ago I've seen one attempting to convince people that America NeoNazis are sponsored by Islamic radicals. It was on "History" channel.

Oh well, let's say a friendly hello to all of our Zionist activists.

Hi there.

p.s. I say Martians did it

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Yah its just so obvious isnt it, these movie makers went out and hired 10s of thousands of Movie extras to chant "Death To America" cause it would make a good movie.

Dont let it phase you terrorists dont exist, suicide bombings are scripted hollywood propaganda, And if a mass murderer ever strikes it was probably a Western agent, after all Islam is the most tolerant faith on Earth and only has Angels amoungst it ranks.

Wake up and smell the roses.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
Yah its just so obvious isnt it, these movie makers went out and hired 10s of thousands of Movie extras to chant "Death To America" cause it would make a good movie.

Dont let it phase you terrorists dont exist, suicide bombings are scripted hollywood propaganda, And if a mass murderer ever strikes it was probably a Western agent, after all Islam is the most tolerant faith on Earth and only has Angels amoungst it ranks.

Wake up and smell the roses.

Exactly.

Yes, this movie is no different from the movies constantly thrown around by lefties, conspiracy theorists (freedom to facism, fareheight 9-11) e.g video clips and music, interviews put together to sway opinion and educate on a cause.

However,

No-one can deny the thousands of clips on MEMRI which sheds light on the vile, racist, bigoted, death cult propoganda that is being fed to 5yr olds. No-one can deny how Iran's leader says one thing to Western TV cameras, and then contradicts it when speaking to his countrymen.

Here is another movie which might shed a little light on how Western media sources ARE NOT Zionist mouthpieces. Why? because most of the people in the west haven't seen anything like this in their lifetime. And why have organisations like AFP, Reuters and the BBC shown blantant pro-arab bias?

euphoricreality.com...

"The Extremist Agenda"

[edit on 18-11-2006 by Peyres]

I'd like to mention that particularly near the end of "the extremist agenda" there are plenty of muslim scholars who have contributed to this 'hateful propaganda"

Both of these films differentiate from moderate muslims and the extremist fascist elements of Islam, it is not simply propaganda created in order to annihilate the islamic faith.

[edit on 18-11-2006 by Peyres]

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Oh please, hype and spin don't scratch my skin.

Since the 80s American media/propaganda ALWAYS pushes some sort of diabolical world ending plot.

I remember the supposed waive of SATANISTS that were kidnapping, torching and killing thousands of people. Naturally it all turned out to be blatant hype. Heraldo was one of the big timers on that one, and it was not surprising at all how he was "covering" Iraq war.

Give me a break, this kind of nonsense simply does not change, only labels do.

Are radical Islamists out there? Absolutely, but so is every other bush born, half baked anti-American bunch of haters.

Big deal, it was always this way, and always will be, but its the simple minded gullible people that will always be screaming that the world is about to end, simply because some clever minds want them to do so.

Keep it up there guys, ignorance is the main ingredient for making a good puppet.

I for one think for my self, and leave this type of garbage to the FOX crowd.

Cows say MOOOOO

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I bet it doesn't mention in the video that it was America who was responsible for bringing about the problems we now face in the Middle East. I'm talking about the overthrow of Muhammad Mossadeq’s short-lived, democratic government by the CIA in 1953 and the reinstallation of the Shah to the throne of Iran.

If Mossadeq’s regime had been allowed to continue, Iran would probably have evolved into a true democracy. America's intervention destroyed that opportunity and set the stage for many of the problems we now see in the Middle East today.

When are people going to wake up and realise that hatred begets hatred. Of course there are extremist muslims, but they are a minority compared to the good decent muslims. It's only people like Bush & Blair who spread there propaganda bull**** who would have you believe otherwise and as far as I'm concerned, if you believe anything these two liars have to say then you have absolutely no credibility whatsoever when it comes to the truth.

All Muslims are being victimised in the sense that they are being singled out for acts of violence, but one only needs to surf the net to see that they are not the only ones who are resorting to violence and extremism. I wonder why theres no mention of this incident on the news or in the media ?

www.palsolidarity.org...

Take the above article for example, funny how theres no mention of this disgraceful act of violence and extremism. These extremist jews attacked a swedish human rights worker, breaking her cheek bone and then laughed and spat on her while chanting "we killed Jesus and we are going to kill you."

hypocrisy rules!!!!!

[edit on 20-11-2006 by kindred]

[edit on 20-11-2006 by kindred]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Radical Islam.

I'm going to go out and rent this movie tommorow night.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Radical Islam.

I'm going to go out and rent this movie tommorow night.

Radical Christian fundamentalism.

I don't even have to go anywhere, just turn on FOX news.

I bet it doesn't mention in the video that it was America who was responsible for bringing about the problems we now face in the Middle East. I'm talking about the overthrow of Muhammad Mossadeq’s short-lived, democratic government by the CIA in 1953 and the reinstallation of the Shah to the throne of Iran.

Come on kindred, who gives a crap. Democracy, liberty, freedom, all that noise, when it comes to global interests of corporate America, it's our God given right to bomb, burn, pillage and enslave, cause you know, money talks.

Yosemite Sam in Iraq;

YeeeeHaaaaa! Where my six guns for all them damn ingions?!

Where all the rest of the colored folk at so we can put'em to work?

WhooHaaa! Watch out now, cause here we come!

Yosemite Sam - "Where am I? It sure is powerful warm in here. Is this Dallas?"

Satan - "No, but you're close, it's Iraq"

Yosemite Sam- "Yikes! Gimme all your oil now! Cause I've got you outnumbered 1 to 1! Surrender your oil or die, you ***head!"

Sarcasm

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
When are people going to wake up and realise that hatred begets hatred. Of course there are extremist muslims, but they are a minority compared to the good decent muslims.

Minoritys mean absolutely nothing when this minority numbers 10s of Millions out of a Billion person minority group.

link

A 2005 Pew Research study that involved 17,000 people in 17 countries showed support for terrorism was declining in the Muslim world along with a growing belief that Islamic extremism represents a threat to those countries.[19]A Daily Telegraph survey[20]showed that 6% of British Muslims fully supported the July 2005 bombings in the London Underground.
A 2004 Pew survey revealed that Osama bin Laden is viewed favorably by large percentages in Pakistan (65%), Jordan (55%) and Morocco (45%). In Turkey as many as 31% say that suicide attacks against Americans and other Westerners in Iraq are justifiable

Of coarse this doesnt mean that 10s of Millions would carryout Terrorist acts but youve certainly got those sort of numbers that dislike or hate the Western Democracys.

Interestingly 6pc of Englands 1.5m Muslims or 90 thousand people fully supported the London Bombings, doesnt exactly make England an attractive place to want to live in hey ???

Watch the Movie learn some cold hard truths, ignore the apologists from this thread, if your mother got mugged theyd probably say it was your mothers fault for daring to walk outside her house.

Obsession a most stark and true representation of one of humanitys greatest threats, Radical Islam.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Of coarse this doesnt mean that 10s of Millions would carryout Terrorist acts but youve certainly got those sort of numbers that dislike or hate the Western Democracys.

You mean "Western Hypocrisies"?

Watch the Movie learn some cold hard truths, ignore the apologists from this thread, if your mother got mugged theyd probably say it was your mothers fault for daring to walk outside her house.

No, it's nothing more then cold, hard, war mongering propaganda aimed at uneducated masses. Such creations are design to incite fear, racism, intolerance, hatred and violence.

It's that's your thing, you're on a wrong forum, because here we "deny ignorance", not indulge in it.

NumberCruncher, crunch on this - causality, aka "what comes around, goers around". The fact that the very foundation of such a concept is based on reason and rationale, it makes it a prime target for relentless social engendering propaganda campaign called "United States of Amnesia".

Try this, Discovery channels - "Koppel: Iran - The Most Dangerous Nation".

Other then intelligent overview of the actual situation, there's a great interview with a local cleric, and he clearly stated that he does not condone suicide bombers, saying that in fact such supposed martyr go to the depths of hell, and not heaven.

Obsession a most stark and true representation of one of humanitys greatest threats, Radical Islam.

Really? Why don't you list the powers behind this "movie". You know, producers, investors, distributors, etc, and then we'll see whose interests are really at play here.

Wahhabi's is the true form of "Radical Islam", and by CIA's own admission it was a fully sponsored opp during Soviet/Afghanistan war.

Watched Rambo lately? Remember the "freedom fighters"? While they were in fact genuine tribal resistance movements, CIA chose to support regional war/drug lords (Laos) by supplying them with cold cash, world wide bank accounts, weapons of all kinds and visas for them and their kids to come and live in Europe and USA.

Afghanistan was always a tribal based society, and the true tragedy is that Afghan war/drug lords were fully supported by CIA to eliminate truly democratic neighboring tribes by selling them out to be slaughtered by the Soviets.

Ironically, Taliban was a liberation force which defeated the corrupt war/drug lords which no longer had CIA support, and what we labeled as "Radical Islam" was in fact the effort of Taliban to get rid of internal corruption.

furthermore, it was Taliban that literally fighting their own "War on Drugs", by engaging in combat and defeating and expelling every drug lord thus completely destroying the entire opium operation in Afghanistan.

Naturally as soon as Bush invaded Afghanistan in 2001, it again became the worlds biggest exporter of heroin, just as it was in the 80s, and to top it all of the off, American tax payers dollars and the blood of American solders payed for private Unocal oil pipeline.

Don't you just hate when history keeps poking sticks in the spokes of propaganda wheels?

If you want to talk about the history of modern Islamic resistance movements, feel free to start with the Muslim Brotherhood which was founded in 1928 in Egypt.

NumberCruncher, the point here is that all such "Obsession: The Movie Exposing Radical Islam" creations have nothing to do with informing the public, they are payed for, created and presented only serve the agenda of private interest, and the goal of all such private interests is acquiring POWER, in order to lute, extort and plunder as much as they can get away with.

Business a usual, but I'm not buying.

I'm a Christian by the way, a self respecting one, and I know all to well why, and from what point Holy Crusades were perverted into just another business opportunity, which is sadly true to this very day.

Look into why exactly Eastern Orthodoxy and Western Catholicism divided into two worlds, and then tell me about "Radical Islam."

If you want to fight for something, why don't you fight against hunger which is suffered by American children right here at home, poverty, crime, political corporate corruption, stuff like that.

While spending billions on killing all kinds of people, our government AND our insurance companies simply abandoned thousands upon thousands of our own citizens after Katrina tragedy, and after all these years close to nothing has been done for the people there, because everybody that can is still busy stealing our tax dollars.

Why don't you pick that war instead of imagining one on the other side of the globe.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I hope all of you caught the Glen BEck special regarding the Islamic Extremists. More truth was brought to light. This isn't propaganda for attacking Iran. Radical Islamists exists in many countries around the world though predominantly in the Middle East. These are not the beliefs of all within the country of Iran or anywhere else for that matter. What it is, is a large and growing number of people who have been brainwashed into believing that Americans need to die and that Israel needs to be destroyed. Can you not see what these children are being taught. Yes MEMRI is a great site for all to have a look at. Take off the blinders. I can understand that many of you believe that this is just a propaganda film, but it is much greater than that. It is something that everyone needs to be aware of. This is fact, not Hollywood movie sets and extras.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I missed it unfortunatley...but I'll see if I can download it from somewhere like youtube.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
infinite8, laiguana, since Radical Islam is such a problem, why can't IDF give much needed help to America troops in Iraq?

Talk the talk, how about walking the walk?

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   
People raising pro arguments for this video have fallen into the trap themselves. You guys argue, "Fanaticism is teaching people to hate the west and destroy us," and your response to this is along the lines of "We have to hate them and destroy them."

Videos like this are very one sided for the simple fact that they constantly throw the same rhetoric over and over until the mind believes it's fact. What this video will create in the mind of the viewer is the idea that this fundamental belief system runs rampant everywhere in the Middle East and is unstoppable, when in fact it Muslims are working against the fundamental movement. This video fails to show the other side of the argument, such as what is the cause of this fundamentalism, and what's being done.

In essence, this video is creating hate in exchange for hate. When you want to stop fundamentalism, you don't teach more hate, you teach peace and love.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   

What the Quran says about terrorism:

How about reading my replies in these topics, to see what the Quran really says?

First topic: here

Second Topic: here

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
DJMessiah, you are correct in many of your points. I would like to see the Muslims preventing this kind of hostility and bastardization of their religion, but it is a small effort. I did see many of the Muslim leaders in New York city condemn many of the radical islam statments (though I don't know if that was forced through pressure). I would like to see the Muslim communities of the world stand up to this, but it has not happened. Mostly out of fear and also because many see the USA's past actions as a form of Karma returning to slap our government in the face. I will not deny that our government has caused tremendous animosity, but our school systems are not teaching young children the hatred that is being taught to the future generations in these groups. It is certainly not supported and broadcast over our televisions. I am all for a peaceful solution, though it appears as if this is not going to happen. The attacks have been going on for decades and the war has been declared twice in the last 10 years against the USA. I do not support sitting idly by and waiting for the destruction of innocent civilians in American soil for the choices of our government.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join