It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother is now Shouting at You.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Big Brother is not only watching you - now he's barking orders too. Britain's first 'talking' CCTV cameras have arrived, publicly berating bad behaviour and shaming offenders into acting more responsibly.

The system allows control room operators who spot any anti-social acts - from dropping litter to late-night brawls - to send out a verbal warning: 'We are watching you'.

Jack Bonner, who manages the system, said: 'It is one hell of a deterrent. It's one thing to know that there are CCTV cameras about, but it's quite another when they loudly point out what you have just done wrong.

'Most people are so ashamed and embarrassed at being caught they quickly slink off without further trouble.

Wow- the shame of it all!!!! Oh, yes, Orwellian and then some.

You guys make sure you know where all the mens rooms are....or

SOURCE*

[edit on 18-9-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I feel terrible right now, feverish actually. But where I live the public is actually fighting against having too many cameras, etc. anyway. That's just how we are.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Looking at your every move is bad enough but when they holler at you through one of those things, its got to put the fear of God into you!!! Precisely what they want!!!

I feel like some kind of experiment being watched, dont you?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Looking at your every move is bad enough but when they holler at you through one of those things, its got to put the fear of God into you!!! Precisely what they want!!!

The girl in the second photo does`nt appear to have had the fear of God put into her,she seems to be looking up to God with love,maybe as you walk past these speakers a voice is heard like "Pssst dgtempe this is God,I`m always watching ya even on ATS,so you be good ok!"

But seriously what would they have to say through them? "Hey!!! you just littered! lay face down on the ground and a patrol car will arrive shortly,well? we`re a little backed up at the moment,the approx waiting time will be an hour an a half so make your self comfortable,thank you for your cooperation as your a valued customer"

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I can just hear it:

Dgtempe, move along...and make sure you're headed right to your shrink today...ya hear??? We will be watching your every move!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Wow, The next step in taking away our humanity.

I'm sure allot of people will have no problem messing with these cameras.
The operators better be prepared for allot of middle fingers.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think they should have a long range stun gun included to zap the scumbags while they rob little old ladies and beat innocent people up. We have brought this upon ourselves by allowing this to go on in our society.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
So they are going to pay someone to sit at a desk and look out for litter bugs and then tell them not to litter?

Yeah right...

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guy Fawkes
So they are going to pay someone to sit at a desk and look out for litter bugs and then tell them not to litter?

Yeah right...

It may seem far'fetched.

But in this day and age I'm expecting even more radical "advancements" in keeping society in order.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Will I get in trouble if I flash the cameras after all they are invading my privacy and no to tell my space.

I will moon them, what you all think

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Creepy!

I suggest next step to this Evolution of Protection;

Install a 0.50 Machin gun alongside the camera and the speaker and in a voice of ED-209;

"Please pick up the litter. You have 20 seconds to comply then we open Fire!"

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Will the lady with the big ars...yes you....step to the side quietly...lay down on the ground and spread 'em...

A chicken is missing from the general store and we suspect YOU.

ROFLMAO

[edit on 18-9-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Shouldnt be stupid enough to drop the litter right infront of a camera then, should you :p

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The Scotish sense of humour escapes me.

No offense, of course.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

A chicken is missing from the general store and we suspect YOU.

Dg this is what your post did to me.

I can still not believe how far the government are willing to go to futher agendas.

We may laught now to cry later.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
PRIVACY? WHAT PRIVACY? If ever you think you are NOT on camera, you are mistaken.
But really, this could be a great crime deterrent and think of how that could effect the cloged court systems - at least they're clogged in North America. Theives who are told to "step away from the car" = no more Grand Theft Auto. Retail theft could all but be eliminated by a warning that identifies the perpetrator. The long-range stun gun is a fantastic idea - where do I sign up for that job? Could I be paid by the stun?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Wow.
We could definatly use some of those in my area.
"Please stop smoking that rock and go do something with your worthless life!"

Seriously tho, I'm not really worried about this sort of thing.

When you're in public, you are in public. There is no privacy when you are in public. That's kinda what Public means. If there were no cameras, there'd be eyes of others to worry about. I don't see how it's a whole lot different unless you are up to something particularly foul.

I mean seriously... no one is going to care about your day to day walk to work. No one is going to bring you up on charges if you happen to drop your ciggerette butt on the street. Hell, I doubt anyone is going to care if you happen to do a weed buy on cam.

However... when something major goes down, those cameras could be very useful.

Now I'm not saying I condon evasive intrusions on your privacy. What I'm saying is that cameras in public places where you would be seen by the public isn't really a violation of privacy.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   
"This is Big Brother"

"Marg for baring your buttocks at Big Bro you have received one strike,may i remind you that three strikes will result in your early eviction from this world".

"Oh and thanxs for the view,Big Bro out"

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Will the lady with the big ars...yes you....step to the side quietly...lay down on the ground and spread 'em...

A chicken is missing from the general store and we suspect YOU

Hahaha, that has got to be one of the funniest hings Ive read on this Forum today so far.

Wait let me laugh a little bit more

Wonder how many middle fingers will get stuck up to the Cameras evrytime they tell someone off.

If it stop violence in the street, muggins or racial attacks im all for it. As long as I dont get caught with my pants down having it off round the corner of a pub. How embrassin that would be

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Cant be too hard to destroy one of those things. If I were in the UK I would probably make a hobby of it.

top topics

join