It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 ft-wide orb in the middle of Libyan desert.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
29º18'05.43" N 19º24'22.51" E

These are the coordinates for a mysterious object that is lying near a highway in Libya. It appears to have a diameter of 20 ft. and considerable height, due to the shadow it's projecting behind it.

I don't really think its an alien ship but it is still open to discussion. It does seem to be some anomaly, as there are no tracks or roads leading to the object. Could this be some erratic geological formation?

Does anyone here have any information pertaining to the region that would reveal the objects' origin, or purpose of position? Could shifting sands play a part in removing roads leading to the object? This could explain its seemingly uninfluenced location. However, I would imagine passing through the desert be extremely dangerous or even too hard, especially with an object of considerable weight and size.

Anyways; I'll lnow leave this to discussion.

[edit on 17-9-2006 by cognoscente]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Where did you here about this giant orb? Where did you get this information?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Thats on the ground dude, hence the steep shadow drop. If it was high up, the shadow would be further away from the craft.

Good find though -a white orb sat in the desert for no apparent reason - BUT it does look like an early model EWRS. (early warning radar system)

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Can you please posta link to the picture? Cause I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thank you.

-Jimmy-

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Interesting that you mentioned EWRS. This could have something to do with Libya's massive armaments and military transanctions that took place with the Soviet Union. I believe that Libya was the only country to purchase military equipment, both vehicular, and defensive, without having been involved as a Bloc state of the Warsaw Pact. This was also an opportunity for the Soviet Union to expand its strategic affluence beyond the Mediterranean and appear benevolent in the eyes of the Arab unity stance. However, Libyan president Mu'ammar al-Qhadafi soon denied the Soviet Union of any shore facilities or air bases on Libyan soil.

It appears the USSR was trying to expand its power but receded in the end, partly due to Qhadafi's inconsistency in managing his militaristic operations and eventually just waning out.

But why would they install a missile defense system? Can EWRS be used for any other applications?

At one point, I think it was believed that Libya was interested in expanding its own influence upon the Arabic nations of Northern Africa. The plan was supposedly to front a revolution to overthrow several African states and unify them into one Saharan Islamic state. I guess nothing happened, and the military purchases and missile defense systems were left un-operable?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It looks to me to be a storage tank of some sort. like the one pictued here:

www.protectowire.com...

Perhaps, it's abandoned.

[edit on 2006/9/17 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
how did you find the orb? It's bizarre.

i'm loading google earth now.

However when I look at my town with google earth it shows photos more than a year old before some developments took place

when I paste your coordinates into google earth it says it can't find it

[edit on 17-9-2006 by probedbygrays]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
That's just a golf ball caught in a sand trap! You can't fool me! (Just kidding.)

Maybe its Quadaffi's secret love tent.

"I made it look just like the Epcot Center, baybeee."

[edit on 18-9-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Could be a doppler radar ? The strange thing is that I cant see any roads, if it was a plant of some kind it would most likely have a road leading to it.

[edit on 18-9-2006 by Acharya]

top topics

join