It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Construction of dream worlds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I know my title isn't very clear as to what im getting at so apologies

I just wondered after having several vivid dreams in a row, how the places and people and intricate details of these dreams came from?

I hear that different people dream in different ways, ie black and white,birds eye, 1st person nd person views. I dream in colour from a 1st person perspective snd never appear to be myself or see myself in the dreams

How do our brains construct places that you have apparently never seen, places that don't exist with such detail as cars having number plates, a street with people and buildings, conversations about things you would never have conversatins about?

Could it be possible that our dreams, which normally chop and change so that they dnt make ay sense, could be snippets of other peoples lives teleptathically at that moment in time, or people and places existing in other dimensions or planes.

Basically what i am saying is that my dreams have far too much intracacy and detail that it seems impossible that they are made up in my own mind!

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
From a scientific stand point, which I always recommend people study first, dreams are beyond the scope of understanding for modern science. That is partially why the current interest in sleep studies.

I do not believe that scientists will ever have an answer, because in my belief the dream world is the brink between the physical and the psycho-spiritual world.

Many questions on this board are virtually unanswerable but this question in particular is beyond reason.

I do not mean that offensive, because any intelligent person should wonder the source of our dreams.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79
From a scientific stand point, which I always recommend people study first, dreams are beyond the scope of understanding for modern science. That is partially why the current interest in sleep studies.

I do not believe that scientists will ever have an answer, because in my belief the dream world is the brink between the physical and the psycho-spiritual world.

Many questions on this board are virtually unanswerable but this question in particular is beyond reason.

I do not mean that offensive, because any intelligent person should wonder the source of our dreams.

Well said, I agree with you 100%
My dreams are quite vivid and I always appear to be looking at myself in the 3rd person.
However, I can control my dreams to a great deal, where I can actually change the enviornment, fly almost anything I wish. Due to that factor, I do not think our dreams are of someone's past/future/alternate realm. It could be, but it's just my thoughts on the matter. Maybe what some people have are marely "dreams", while others have more paranormal experiences.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
If you really get down to the roots of your mind and imagination..
falling asleep is when your body shuts off and your brain goings into sleep mode...
think of all of this as your mind and brain being a computer hooked up to a super-hight internet connection lol...when you drift to sleep your body shuts down to relax and gain back its energy but in the mean time you wander off into your own mind kinda like slipping into your own brain you watch first hand your imagination at work, and you have the mental awarness and willingness.you really can take control just like sdrawkcab said. its called vivid dreaming if you havnt heard of it before...the human brain can dig roots deep into making your imagination one hell of a place...dont doubt the world you see in your dreams for seeming so real..but think of it this way...if your so convinced that your dream world is so real it has to be...how sure are you that this "reality" so to speak isnt just your brain and imagination going to work like the rest of ours to design and construct this mass illusion we call reality?
i hope i made some sense and didnt sounds like a crazy fool
~Kiliker

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Good points people. Its amazing how much there could be out there (or in there) that we dont understand. Im just going to keep a close watch on my dreams and cary on being fascinated by them!

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I think that when the world or an object in a dream is something never seen before, it is a glitch of sorts. The senses are doing their job just fine, the mind is not making sense of what is happening. Whether during recall or during the dream itself..

I don't believe there is some spontaneous creation going on in dreams. I believe we can make them do things that we know already. I think that when something new comes out in a dream, it is in fact the result of the mind trying to piece together and connect things which do not make sense. If you were mixing colors and had never done just that amount of green/red/yellow, for example, it would be a new color to you (but you would understand that that color is possible, and would not be shocked to see it).

I think during recall and during dreaming, the mind is "mixing colors", trying to connect everything into one or a few big stories. Something that is really millions of electric impulses all being pieced together, and that is how we see things in dreams that we could not possibly know.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It does make you wonder... in my lucid dreams i'll walk around corner and suddenly bump into a massive group of people who ive never seen before in my life all wearing different clothes to each other and all talking amongst thereselves and then in the background theres hundreds of different buildings.. how your mind can create all this within that split second is astonishing. I wonder sometimes also whether or not our dreams are layed out for us before we even go tosleep depending on our thoughts etc... through the day or whether we go tosleep and THEN our dreams are created.. theres a lot that I need to learn about dreaming.. too much perhaps.

new topics

top topics

join