It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G.W.B & me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I am a fan of Bush's press conferences. I jus love 'em. He's actually a really delightful fellow...funny, charming in a Tyrone da Crackhead sorta way--minus the white lips.

So, the other day I'm watching him demand that congress pass this new legislation. And dang it! I believe this fool has kinda lured me over to the darkside. Later that day, I found myself explaining to some coworkers that we should be in Iraq, and the more I thought about what he said the more it made complete sense to me. He explained that every morning he wakes up and goes to work only to hear about the million and one horrible things the terrorist want to do to us. He said he wanted to live in the perfect world where he didn't have to nation build and he didn't have to worry about dead Americans, and you know what, I believed him. I truly for the first time got a good feeling about GWB (notice, I've stopped calling him G-dub). Maybe I need an intervention or maybe I've been too busy to notice my blue blood turning red. Maybe I'm a moderate in progressive clothes.

All killing is wrong and we are wrong to kill, but I guess my question is if Bush is wrong about the war, what is the right response to the briefings he gets every morning? If I were president and heard a million and one ways Americans can die today what would be the first thing on my to do list? I think it would be to do everything in my power to stop that from happening even killing.

We are going to the polls in about two months, and I can tell you right now, I don't know who I'm voting for...honestly. This election will decide if GWB becomes a lame duck sooner rather than later...right? I want him to succeed in Iraq and protecting the American people. I don't think he's wrong about Iraq, or the war on terror. I just wish he had more imagination and compassion when it came to things at home. I'm too open minded, I think, and think and think.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
No help!! Good grief I'm in crisis. I figured PTS would be the best place to come out of the closet and I gets no help from you guys either!

Maybe, I'll just have to trade my donkey in for an elephant. Give up and give in. Put one of those "support the troops magnets" on my car.

Seriously, is there another way to fight the war on terror besides nation building in the middle east? I don't think the Democrats have a plan, and how can we support them/vote for them if they don't even have a viable alternative to the Bush doctrine?

join