It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why i am pissed about this game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I just bought civilization warlords less then 3 weeks ago. It has become my favorite game. But now when I put it in it says that I need to put the right disc in. So Im thinking, wait this is the right disk it says Warlords on it and it was the only disk the game came with. So then I go to my computer and it doesnt have the icon of the CD in it so I right click and go to properties and what do you know, ALL THE DATA ON THE DISK IS GONE! ZERO IT HAS ZERO BYTES! PLUS THE DISK WEIGHS LIGHTER LIKE THERES NOTHING ON IT! IT WEIGHS LIGHTER THAN MY OTHER CIVILIZATION DISKS! And I had a really good game going on there but now its nothing. But I do have a solution in mind. Have you guys ever heard of game drive? Where it lets you play the game without the cd. But I am screwed if it needs the CD in order to make you not need to use i. Anyone please tell me if there is a solution on how I can fix this problem besides buying a new one?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
your cd is suddenly lighter cos the information on a read only game cd has apparently vanished? OMG I've heard it all now

If you're looking for info on how to play games without original cds you should try another forum - there's loads of them about

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
And now.................

I can rejoice!

Somehow Java get erased and trust me I have no idea how so I went back on and downloaded the newest version. But I will still be pissed when I upgrade to Vista and J2SE runtime environment update 4 wont work which means some programs may not work. But I wont need them anymore with my UT2007 and Oblivion and Civlization and Halo 2 PC.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by funlovincriminal
your cd is suddenly lighter cos the information on a read only game cd has apparently vanished? OMG I've heard it all now

If you're looking for info on how to play games without original cds you should try another forum - there's loads of them about

I thought that because it seemed lighter than all of my other CDs and also because my computer told me it has no information. What led me to Java was that Oblivion had zero bytes so I was suspicious, I havent played that game in a long time so it had to of been my system. But still, wouldnt you think it seemed lighter than how you remembere it from last night and my PC says it has no info? I also heard somewhere that CDs are generally lighter if they have no info on it.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
even if a an empty cd was lighter than one full of all those little 1's and 0's, I don't think us mere humans could ever tell the difference.

Good luck with the gaming

top topics

join